Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 12:04 PM

102,346 posts, read 108,621,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Do you want him to struggle to open a jar?
Do you want him to be able to carry the groceries inside?
Do you want him to pick up a heavy box?
Do you want him to move the furniture around?
Do you want him to sweep you off your feet and carry you to the bedroom?
Do you want him to flip a heavy tire?
Do you want him to pull a plane?

...A spin-off from the how a man should look thread.
I can open my own jars, carry groceries inside, lift a heavy box, move my furniture around (mostly. Because I picked lightweight furniture). I do need a guy to change a tire. Why would I need one to pull a plane? Mainly I need a guy for overall love and emotional support. It's not about physical strength. It's about strength of character and intelligence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 12:07 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,872,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Exactly..guys ... over estimate their strength,agility and speed .
What this might look like in real life:
Video has some swearing, some F bombs, and a man in his underwear.

Chair Olympics, Drunk Chair Jumping - YouTube

Old 05-26-2013, 12:11 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,027,190 times
R4T beat me to it .

I choose men who are strong enough to hold me when I cry and say sweet things without panicking, to tell me the truth when they have messed up and know I will be angry, to watch me rebuild the deck and help me fix the clothes dryer ('cause I need him to lift it , to not care who makes more money or is better at cooking, and to let me hold them when they cry.

And to do some manly stuff that is not PG-13 .

Old 05-26-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
R4T beat me to it .

I choose men who are strong enough to hold me when I cry and say sweet things without panicking, to tell me the truth when they have messed up and know I will be angry, to watch me rebuild the deck and help me fix the clothes dryer ('cause I need him to lift it , to not care who makes more money or is better at cooking, and to let me hold them when they cry.

And to do some manly stuff that is not PG-13 .
BEST POST!

Old 05-26-2013, 12:34 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,121,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
What this might look like in real life:
Video has some swearing, some F bombs, and a man in his underwear.

Chair Olympics, Drunk Chair Jumping - YouTube
Lmao....stooges are sure funny ain't they

Old 05-26-2013, 12:50 PM

82 posts, read 92,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Exactly..guys such as myself over estimate their strength,agility and speed (and not to mention intelligence ) on a daily basis and the older we get,the more it hurts for the next week..a few years ago I had a horse kick me in my upper leg leg so hard that he drove some of the keys I had in my pocket into my leg muscles like a nail and I was able to walk it off enough to get to my truck and doctor myself at home with no real problems..THIS year I got kicked in my right hip and it was just a glancing blow and I couldn't walk straight for days after..a couple of years makes a huge difference.
My Uncle got his sweatshirt hood tie (string) caught in a seed escalator Seed Escalators by Jacobs Manufacturing when he was about 60. He freed himself and barely escaped getting pulled all the way into the gears on the belt. He drove his bloody self to the hospital himself in his old 4x4 1 ton Chevy. The thought of 911 never even crossed his mind. It would be 20-30 minutes before they got all the way out to his farm.....

I have several of my own even worse.

I'm not gonna die today.....NO WAY!

Old 05-26-2013, 01:04 PM

Jack LaLane, a celebrity bodybuilder who made a TV career for himself doing exercise shows back around the 1950's, and was the first to push health foods, swam from Alcatraz to San Francisco with his legs shackled towing several boats. He did this in his 50's or 60's. The last I ever heard of him, he was in his 80's, still built and absurdly strong, and often found himself surrounded by bodybuilder babes who said he was their inspiration. Kind of a niche market, but some women do like strong types.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:30 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,128,834 times
Do we know that lids are put on jars by a machine? I don't see that as a good measure.

If he has had back surgery or a vasectomy, no.
If he is able-bodied and sitting on the couch with a remote in his hand, yes.

Same as previous answer.

Same as previous answer.

If he can't do the first couple things, he isn't going to be able to do this one. LOL

What is "flipping" a tire?

Huh? Is he Superman? Or is "plane" another word for "junk"? BAHA, HA, HA, HA

Old 05-26-2013, 01:37 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,121,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who's_Next View Post
My Uncle got his sweatshirt hood tie (string) caught in a seed escalator Seed Escalators by Jacobs Manufacturing when he was about 60. He freed himself and barely escaped getting pulled all the way into the gears on the belt. He drove his bloody self to the hospital himself in his old 4x4 1 ton Chevy. The thought of 911 never even crossed his mind. It would be 20-30 minutes before they got all the way out to his farm.....

I have several of my own even worse.

I'm not gonna die today.....NO WAY!
JEBUS..post hole diggers,combines etc etc will eat your ass without mercy.

That's me too..the thought of getting those keys removed at the hospital never dawned on me either...I guess we are just wired wrong or something..I can't tell you how many stitches I've sewn for myself and buddies...I draw the line at cutting my own fish hooks out though and now go to a walk in clinic that's not to far from here to have that done...I stuck one all the way to the curve in my neighbor's ass last year and he wanted me to get it out and normally I would've,but he was on blood thinners and a diabetic on top of that..the Doc explained all of the infections we could get etc etc and now I just go to him so I don't get blood poisoning..of course,he could've just been trying to drum up biz with that scare talking too.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:06 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,966,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post

...A spin-off from the how a man should look thread.
Women want men who are strong in many other ways besides just physically
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships