Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 06:30 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,680 times

Advertisements

Does anybody have any regrets about having ignored someone back when you naively thought you were too good for her (or him) and now you realize she (or he) was probably one of the best people you could have ever been with ?

I knew someone a long time ago who I believed was interested in me, but I "just wasn't in to her" because I thought she was too nerdy and wasn't attractive enough. I didn't actively reject her because she never actually "came on" to me, but I think she did give me plenty of hints, and I think I was pretty aware of it, but I completely ignored her. Now, I realize she was so similar to me, and had such similar interests, that she was nearly perfect for me, and plenty attractive enough. And I've realized that "nerdy" women are the best.

There was another person around the same time that I was very attracted to, and she seemed to give me a few hints that she liked me. But I was too scared of being rejected so I never asked her out or anything like that. I probably had no chance though and she was probably just being nice to me because she felt sorry for me for being so ugly and useless.

But the first one I talked about I'm almost completely sure that she really liked me.

Since then, I've had no realistic chances, and believe I never will again.

I deeply regret having ignored the one and having been to scared to even try to be with the other.

Oh well.

Anybody else have similar experiences, especially those who now feel hopeless about finding a relationship ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 09:00 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
There is one that I remember from when I was a little kid. She made it clear that she has the hots for me. I kinda ignored her because I was getting "teased" by another girl. (I was a one lady boy) I wish I would have been more responsive, then if she stayed and we were still around by high school, who knows?

She was actually very cute.

Last edited by TJenkins602; 05-28-2013 at 09:11 PM..

Old 05-28-2013, 09:06 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
No. Never thought to ignore anyone because I thought I was better.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:13 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Does anybody have any regrets about having ignored someone back when you naively thought you were too good for her (or him) and now you realize she (or he) was probably one of the best people you could have ever been with ?

I knew someone a long time ago who I believed was interested in me, but I "just wasn't in to her" because I thought she was too nerdy and wasn't attractive enough. I didn't actively reject her because she never actually "came on" to me, but I think she did give me plenty of hints, and I think I was pretty aware of it, but I completely ignored her. Now, I realize she was so similar to me, and had such similar interests, that she was nearly perfect for me, and plenty attractive enough. And I've realized that "nerdy" women are the best.

There was another person around the same time that I was very attracted to, and she seemed to give me a few hints that she liked me. But I was too scared of being rejected so I never asked her out or anything like that. I probably had no chance though and she was probably just being nice to me because she felt sorry for me for being so ugly and useless.

But the first one I talked about I'm almost completely sure that she really liked me.

Since then, I've had no realistic chances, and believe I never will again.

I deeply regret having ignored the one and having been to scared to even try to be with the other.

Oh well.

Anybody else have similar experiences, especially those who now feel hopeless about finding a relationship ?
Sounds like the only regret is you wound up empty handed.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:14 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,148 times
Quote:
No, not for the reason above, but I've regretted ignoring someone for other reasons.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:16 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
No, but I have been on the other end of that 2 or 3 times where I was ignored and then they came back a lot later like "omg what was I thinking, take me now please?" (it's always too late by then).

Old 05-28-2013, 09:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
I have regrets about Davros thinking that I'm a man.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I have regrets about Davros thinking that I'm a man.
You gay then ?

Old 05-28-2013, 09:42 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
You gay then ?
I might be if I was a man.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I might be if I was a man.
Stranger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships