Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 01:03 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,606,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Most likely they aren't having sex with anyone.
That's a bold assumption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 01:04 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,073,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Dreamer View Post
To explain my question into further detail:

Suppose you met someone and went on a few dates then they tell you that they are also dating other people what would you think about that? Like if you asked "hey I haven't heard from you in a few what happened" and they would say something like "well I'm dating other people as well so sorry if I haven't gotten back to you" (or if they volunteered and told you they are dating others simultaneously), wouldn't you take that as they are not into you like that?

I mean I know they are not exclusive but if you was starting to like a person on a serious level why would you try to make them jealous and tell them that there's a possibility that you are also interested in others as well. Shouldn't you at least keep that to yourself?

I just want to see other people's opinions on this topic that I saw on another site.

It's called "INDIRECT REJECTION"

Think about it, why would someone tell that to a person they really want to be with?

Old 05-29-2013, 01:09 PM

523 posts, read 840,924 times
Quote:
Thanks for the replies, but I think some people are kinda misunderstanding the question that I'm asking.

We all know that it's a possiblity that people are dating multiple people at the same time until they find the one that they are looking for.....(or whatever reason that they have).

My question is....if the person that you are dating (regardless if YOU want to be in a relationship with them or not in the future) willingly tells you that they are dating other people while dating you doesn't that mean that they are not into you like that?
The person that said it is the only person who knows. Maybe they said it to be honest, maybe they said it to reject you or maybe they said it to give you a push to be exclusive...who the heck knows.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:10 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,766,155 times
Quote:
Thanks for the replies, but I think some people are kinda misunderstanding the question that I'm asking.

We all know that it's a possiblity that people are dating multiple people at the same time until they find the one that they are looking for.....(or whatever reason that they have).

My question is....if the person that you are dating (regardless if YOU want to be in a relationship with them or not in the future) willingly tells you that they are dating other people while dating you doesn't that mean that they are not into you like that?
Oh ok, no younglady he is playing the field, test driving the cars. He is trying to find the best one? Kind of selfish, greedy, etc huh? It means if your willing to go farther then the rest of the girls hes got then hes yours. No if i guy was really into you, there wouldn't be other girls hon. But once again why is this appealing?

Old 05-29-2013, 01:13 PM

29,756 posts, read 34,449,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
That's a bold assumption.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if a guy was seeing a few other people, but I probably would mind if he was sleeping with all of them.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:18 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,005,511 times
Hmm... among folks I know, dating more than one is not the norm. And if you want to do something outside the norm, it's polite to mention it. Otherwise you run into consent concerns. Maybe he just wants to know it's ok with you.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:18 PM

176 posts, read 979,536 times
Of course communication is a must but this also is not the question that I'm asking. But I'll make up a senario to get a better understanding of what I'm trying to say/ask.

[I met a guy on Wed and he asked can he take me out on a date that Friday. We are out on a date (doesn't matter how the date is going) while getting to know each other he tells me that he's also dating 2 other women that he met as well.]

I would be turned off becasue I would think that a) he only wants casual relationships and/or b) the fact that he told you this means that he doesn't really like you like that but like to keep to around for fun /casual sex. Now I know some people say honesty is the best policy but if your date blatanly told you that they are dating others you would'nt at least feel some type of way?

Old 05-29-2013, 01:19 PM

176 posts, read 979,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
It's called "INDIRECT REJECTION"

Think about it, why would someone tell that to a person they really want to be with?

Exactly!

Old 05-29-2013, 01:21 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,766,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if a guy was seeing a few other people, but I probably would mind if he was sleeping with all of them.
I don't mind if woman date others either as long as they are upfront and honest about it. This is an honesty thing. Without it you rob ppl of the right to decide what is right for them.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:24 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,038,446 times
Quote:
Of course communication is a must but this also is not the question that I'm asking. But I'll make up a senario to get a better understanding of what I'm trying to say/ask.

[I met a guy on Wed and he asked can he take me out on a date that Friday. We are out on a date (doesn't matter how the date is going) while getting to know each other he tells me that he's also dating 2 other women that he met as well.]

I would be turned off becasue I would think that a) he only wants casual relationships and/or b) the fact that he told you this means that he doesn't really like you like that but like to keep to around for fun /casual sex. Now I know some people say honesty is the best policy but if your date blatanly told you that they are dating others you would'nt at least feel some type of way?
Could mean a lot of things including what you have assumed, or that he is specifying it since he doesn't find much chemistry there either, or attempting to just keep expectations low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships