Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 03:06 PM

102,373 posts, read 108,666,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Douglas View Post
I am a man who ended up having a nice chat with a woman in the grocery store the other day and when I was talking to her, I noticed her blushing quite a bit so I was getting what I thought was a sign of interest from her. I made a flirtatious comment and her face got even more red but then she suddenly walked away mid-conversation. At that point I thought there were two possibilities as to what happened, either:

1) she just wasn't interested and that is why she walked away or..
2) she was becoming interested/attracted but the sexual tension got a little uncomfortable for her so she walked away.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of just assuming #1 - that she wasn't interested and didn't approach her again when I saw her in the next aisle over but in retrospect I'm wondering if maybe I should have given her a few minutes and then approached her a 2nd time asking for her # or email address?

What do you guys/gals think?
Dude, she was probably married or had a bf. Better luck next time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 03:10 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,931,859 times
I'd say it's possible, but not very likely. You did the appropriate thing.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:19 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,732,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Why would you ask for her email address?? I stopped asking for email addresses online lol

It's phone number or nothing.
I hope he was kidding about that.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:48 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,077,875 times
Wouldn't have hurt to ask , nothing to lose. But I would think (based on my own way of interacting , everyone is different.) that she walked away from you because she wanted to get away. So likely she would have turned you down. But you still had nothing to lose.
Very similar scenario happened to me recently. The guy thought he had me because I blushed and walked away too. (Mutual friends told me.) So next time he saw me, he started up some conversation and I could see where he was trying to go with it (though mutual friends advised him I was not interested.) so I told him not to go there. and I walked away again.
Still I think it's interesting he had the confidence to approach me in the first place. Most women find confidence very attractive. In this case, it's not enough for me to consider him but you've got to have the confidence (both men and women) to go after what you want. What have you got to lose? And you will gain experience. Probably some confidence too if you look at it as a confidence building thing rather than focus on rejection.
I am learning us ladies have to be subtle (and I gave this man no signals what-so-ever that I would welcome an approach) when interested and blunt when not.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:58 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,200,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Wouldn't have hurt to ask , nothing to lose. But I would think (based on my own way of interacting , everyone is different.) that she walked away from you because she wanted to get away. So likely she would have turned you down. But you still had nothing to lose.
Very similar scenario happened to me recently. The guy thought he had me because I blushed and walked away too. (Mutual friends told me.) So next time he saw me, he started up some conversation and I could see where he was trying to go with it (though mutual friends advised him I was not interested.) so I told him not to go there. and I walked away again.
Still I think it's interesting he had the confidence to approach me in the first place. Most women find confidence very attractive. In this case, it's not enough for me to consider him but you've got to have the confidence (both men and women) to go after what you want. What have you got to lose? And you will gain experience. Probably some confidence too if you look at it as a confidence building thing rather than focus on rejection.
I am learning us ladies have to be subtle (and I gave this man no signals what-so-ever that I would welcome an approach) when interested and blunt when not.

Are you sure you didn't smile at him?

Old 05-30-2013, 06:08 PM

102,373 posts, read 108,666,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Are you sure you didn't smile at him?
She blushed because she was flashing a boob.

(just kidding!!)

Old 05-30-2013, 06:25 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,956,572 times
Quote:
I am learning us ladies have to be subtle ... when interested
Why ?

Old 05-30-2013, 06:32 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,200,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Why ?

Because they don't want to put it out there that they are interested just in case the guy is not which would have them looking foolish and a blow to their self esteem

Old 05-30-2013, 06:40 PM

752 posts, read 1,169,422 times
Quote:
It is not non confidence what hold us beck, nor be scared. We do not se purpose if we know answer. Who need confidence to approach women.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:54 PM

7,453 posts, read 13,464,878 times
OP, What exactly did you say re the flirtatious comment? reason I ask its a key point in answering your queries.

Last edited by dave nz; 05-30-2013 at 07:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships