Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you pursue a single woman who chose this route
Yes, As long as shes otherwise normal, No problem 11 44.00%
No, Not my cup of tea 11 44.00%
Other 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 09:06 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,816,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
If I recall, you're a fairly young women, mid late 20's... anyways it's nice to hear someone in your age group acknowledge the importance of fathers.

I think if a woman has a baby thru AI.... it just comes off as selfish to me.. I know that sounds "judgy" I just look at the world with all of the kids that need to be adopted and she's bring in a child that right off of the bat might have less of a chance just because it's a less than ideal situation. I'm just talking generalities here so I don't women to get pissed off..
I think it's preferable to have two parents in the picture. But a good single Mom or Dad can pull it off.

Technically, I had two parents. But I had an unstable childhood. Sure, travel is great. I saw more countries as a kid than most adults see in a lifetime. But changing schools, getting dumped usually at my Grandparents, but sometimes with cousins and the such. I had HUGE issues by the time I reached my teens. My parents had a great marriage, but their parenting skills were lame. Like we were an afterthought. I've seen kids of single parents that were a whole lot emotionally healthier than we were and didn't get into trouble. At least, not the kind of trouble me and my sister got into.

It's optimal to have a lot of things before having a child. But if a man or woman decide they aren't waiting any longer, I'm okay if they have a good plan and cover their bases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 09:15 PM

52,384 posts, read 52,844,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
I think it's preferable to have two parents in the picture. But a good single Mom or Dad can pull it off.

Technically, I had two parents. But I had an unstable childhood. Sure, travel is great. I saw more countries as a kid than most adults see in a lifetime. But changing schools, getting dumped usually at my Grandparents, but sometimes with cousins and the such. I had HUGE issues by the time I reached my teens. My parents had a great marriage, but their parenting skills were lame. Like we were an afterthought. I've seen kids of single parents that were a whole lot emotionally healthier than we were and didn't get into trouble. At least, not the kind of trouble me and my sister got into.

It's optimal to have a lot of things before having a child. But if a man or woman decide they aren't waiting any longer, I'm okay if they have a good plan and cover their bases.
A lot of parents treat their kids as an "after thought" as you say.....

Old 06-02-2013, 12:09 PM

31,146 posts, read 22,180,179 times
Quote:
A lot of parents treat their kids as an "after thought" as you say.....
There are plenty of situations where single parents and children do just fine but overall two good parents are the ideal. Theres a reason why most people in prison came from broken homes. I'll look up the statistics but it is the case.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:39 PM

1,986 posts, read 1,957,816 times
i don't want a ready made family. i want to create children with a childless woman.

Old 06-02-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
i don't want a ready made family. i want to create children with a childless woman.
Not the topic of this thread but I dont feel any great desire to perpetuate my genes, but I do like children, so the option of a relationship with someone with a child or two is no issue. The other advantage is you get to see how they turn out.

Old 06-02-2013, 01:57 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,816,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Not the topic of this thread but I dont feel any great desire to perpetuate my genes, but I do like children, so the option of a relationship with someone with a child or two is no issue. The other advantage is you get to see how they turn out.
My sister loves kids. But as long as I can remember was scared of pregnancy, childbirth and stretching her body out. From about 25 on, she specifically dated men with kids. She's married to a guy with a 7year old daughter. She's one of the few women, whose eyes lit up when a single guy said he had kids.

Old 06-02-2013, 02:00 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,273,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Touche', I already knew that you had a great dad from the way you talked about him previously. I'm sure there's some people that have never experienced a really good dad, or for that matter a really good mom? Kind of sad, but it explains a lot of the disatisfaction in some of the Posts here.
Yeah it's a shame for people who don't get to experience a good healthy family unit. Although I know my son won't experience that with his biological father and I but I hope one day he has a really good step father who can fufil that role for him.

Old 06-02-2013, 02:05 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,273,892 times
Quote:
If I recall, you're a fairly young women, mid late 20's... anyways it's nice to hear someone in your age group acknowledge the importance of fathers.

I think if a woman has a baby thru AI.... it just comes off as selfish to me.. I know that sounds "judgy" I just look at the world with all of the kids that need to be adopted and she's bring in a child that right off of the bat might have less of a chance just because it's a less than ideal situation. I'm just talking generalities here so I don't women to get pissed off..

Thank you

I love my dad to death and I really wish my son could experience it but at least he has my dad.......yes I'm 25

I do understand your point of view on AI and I do agree to a certsin degree but nothing compares to having your own child

Old 06-03-2013, 10:14 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,123,619 times
I think almost all women would choose to have a father for their child if they could, but once you get to a certain age you have to decide between never having any children or doing it alone, and I know personally if that happens to me I'll choose to have a baby alone. If that upsets a guy, then he just wasn't the one for me. Oh well.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I think almost all women would choose to have a father for their child if they could, but once you get to a certain age you have to decide between never having any children or doing it alone, and I know personally if that happens to me I'll choose to have a baby alone. If that upsets a guy, then he just wasn't the one for me. Oh well.
"I think almost all women would choose to have a father for their child if they could"
Not all. Someone with a bad experience with their father or Step father may be a example of someone who may not value a dad? Someone who was raised with no father in their life. From my experience this can have the opposite affect, as a Boyfriend I feel like I have been the psuedo fill in for a missing dad in several of my relationships. Then there are those who just don't see the value of a male?

From my viewpoint having a "Positive", "consistant" male role model that is there throughout your life is extremely important. How else or you going to learn how to interact with a person of the opposite sex in a postive manner, TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships