Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 09:35 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,339,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Sounds like you're doing it right by "being yourself".

Try to learn to relax a little bit and not be so hard on yourself.

Often relationships don't work. It's not your fault.
Thanks

I can be WAY impulsive, so knowing "when to hold them and when to fold them" has been a lifelong learning lesson for me. It's why I'm hard on myself, I'm trying to not fly off the handle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 07:23 AM

246 posts, read 388,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Here's the thing with me: I don't like dating multiple people. In the past I would find someone I was crazy about, or who I thought was a good match, and settle down with that person. But looking back, I think I wasn't looking hard enough to find the right person because none of the people I dated exclusively ended up being a good match, it's why I'm single today.

Right now specifically, I'm in a race against time. If I want to have my own biological children, I need to find someone to settle down with in the next year or so. If I don't, I may run out of time. The issue is, I don't want to settle down with just anyone but rather someone who is a good fit for me. I literally don't have the time to casually date just one person for 6 months and "see how it goes", if I want to be married and settled before trying to get pregnant. I would LOVE to have that kind of time, but I don't. So, in order to be as efficient as possible, I have to date multiple people at once. It sucks, but I don't really see any way around it given my end goals, I wish things were different.

I think I might start a thread about this.

Well, I wasn't asking *just* because of this guy, I was asking in general. I don't know him enough to know whether I want to date him exclusively.

And again, it's not "stringing" anyone along if you're being honest w everyone about your intentions, which I already explained several posts ago.
It's going to be difficult to have your way, but if you've been unsuccessful dating exclusive then maybe it's worth a try. I doubt you're going to see the full person if they know you're dating other people. People hold back until they know its exclusive. I wouldn't be comfortable sharing much in that situation; it's just dating and having a good time.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:53 AM

37,718 posts, read 46,149,173 times
Quote:
Hi everyone I have a question for C-D.

I'm dating this guy and we have gone on 4 dates and talked about possibly seeing each other more often (and still seeing other people), how much attention is too much attention via text during the day or at night? I ask because I think short texts like "I hope you're having an awesome day!" are fun to get/receive, BUT, I don't want his thinking I'm pursuing too much or pressuring him to text or anything like that.

What do you all think?

Do you think the woman should take a more passive role when keeping up communication during the week? Ideally, it should be equal, but is it ok for the woman to initiate? When I say "ok" what I mean is do guys find that a turnoff?
Stop spending so much time on internet forums and spend more time talking to people in real life. You'll figure it out.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Stop spending so much time on internet forums and spend more time talking to people in real life. You'll figure it out.
This is going to blow your mind: talking about things online and IRL ARE NOT mutually exclusive. I know, it's earth shattering. I actually get more varied answers here than with my friends or people I know.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
This is going to blow your mind: talking about things online and IRL ARE NOT mutually exclusive. I know, it's earth shattering. I actually get more varied answers here than with my friends or people I know.
Sweetheart, I am saying this sincerely, I really am. You are OBSESSING. This forum is not the place for you to learn social/dating behaviors. The percentage of wackos-to-non-wackos is freakishly high. Obsessing over dating and "finding someone" usually results in being alone. I hope you don't wind up there.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Sweetheart, I am saying this sincerely, I really am. You are OBSESSING. This forum is not the place for you to learn social/dating behaviors. The percentage of wackos-to-non-wackos is freakishly high. Obsessing over dating and "finding someone" usually results in being alone. I hope you don't wind up there.
I'm not obsessing. I'm using this form as a resource for finding data. It's a RELATIONSHIP FORUM so I'm asking questions about RELATIONSHIPS, as is its intended purpose. I know not every answer I get is going to be helpful or awesome, but I have gotten some advice that's been VERY useful.

I appreciate your concern, but really, I'm fine.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:31 AM

Quote:
I'm not obsessing. I'm using this form as a resource for finding data. It's a RELATIONSHIP FORUM so I'm asking questions about RELATIONSHIPS, as is its intended purpose. I know not every answer I get is going to be helpful or awesome, but I have gotten some advice that's been VERY useful.

I appreciate your concern, but really, I'm fine.
I expect that was the initial purpose, but unfortunately it's frequently just entertainment. That was my point.
But I wish you well.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:04 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,071,786 times
less is more
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships