Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 06:19 AM

706 posts, read 1,205,179 times

Advertisements

I don't think it matters where you go. Stay out if the bar scene in both areas and your more likely to find a down to earth person. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 06:46 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,260,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
So, I may be ready to throw myself back into the pack of wolves sometime soon, and I've realized that I want a more down to Earth woman and that type of woman has a greater chance of liking me too.

I've typically always lived in or near major cities, and I enjoy a lot of the amenities you can't find in suburbs. But I feel city women expect a lot more out of the men they date. Try as I might, I usually don't meet that cut in terms of being interesting enough, good looking enough, or successful enough.

It seems to me a more down to Earth woman, who has less expectations in terms of that type of stuff might be found in the suburbs. The only problem is ... I'm Asian and most women in the suburbs are not. But I guess that's a roadbump I may be willing to deal with.

Does anybody have an opinion if more women in the 'burbs are more down to Earth. Not just pertaining to my specific case, but in general?

I'm also aware that women in the 'burbs are more likely to be divorced or have kids at my age. I'm totally OK with the first and probably OK with the 2nd depending on the number of kids and circumstances.

If I were you, I'd simply forget about it, and live my life to the fullest...Asian or not, there is a woman out there for you, regardless of her nationality...she will someday, love you, more then you could ever expect to be loved, but in the meantime, don't make it a priority, and go out there and live life...travel, do things on your own...you don't need to date to get out of the house, you don't need to be in a relationship to be successful...there are so so so many opportunities out there simply waiting for you to try...so, get on with it, live life and don't waste your time worrying about things like this.
When it's time, you will meet her, in the meantime, prepare for her, by getting your own house in order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships