Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 11:03 AM

55 posts, read 308,861 times

Advertisements

Is there a difference between country women and city women?
Discuss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 11:21 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Yes. LOL. I think I consider myself a country woman. The finer things in life... swinging on my front porch swing with a cup of coffee as the sun goes down, or even as it comes up.

Oh yes, I ventured out to the movies last weekend. I enjoyed the show. I make it to the mall... but that is not my lifestyle.

What do I know about a citywoman? I used to be one, as a teenager. That was a lifetime ago. I hated the country and all that it had to offer. To me, it had nothing to offer.

But now, as an adult, it has so much more than the city to behold.

I don't know what the difference is, but I do know there is one. Maybe those city girls like a front porch swing too, I don't know. But this country girl.... she does not go to the clubs. Can't stand being around a whole lot of people... I drive past a field, with the sun high in the sky, there are silos there, and a tractor in the middle of that field, and I smile.

Am I goofy? Am I stange? I dont know, maybe I am, but I am me... just me

Old 03-02-2008, 11:08 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
Big difference. Way big.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:17 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Yes. City women are spoiled, gold-digging, fast-talking, emotionally unstable, manipulative sharks.

Whereas country women speak a little slower.

Old 03-03-2008, 05:02 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
I have to say, I am not a slow talker... I do not talk fast either.....

I do feel different than a city woman, I really do....

Those finer things in life, for a country girl, and for a city girl... so much different... at least for this country girl... and look, I even have a computer... with the internet! OMG! LOL

Oh yea, its dial up... Do I care? Not one bit. Do I wish it was faster? At some times... When I am talking. So, you see.. I am not a slow talking country bunkin, and I work in the city.

I am an intelligent person. I was transplanted from the city as a young person of 15. I was mad. I was so upset. I could not stand this country setting.

I married a country boy. I left a country boy. Would I want a city boy, because of the way that country boy ended up being, after all of these years? No ma'am.

I wan't a country boy to spend my time with.... nothing better than a good ole boy.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:01 AM

27,337 posts, read 27,387,014 times
Havent quite figured out how to explain it this early in the morning but definately yes, theres a big difference. Country gals are happy with the simple things in life, where city folks seem to focus on completely different lifestyles. Im definately a country girl.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:03 AM

836 posts, read 3,381,427 times
A country girl is more laid back and relaxed. The Inner city girls live at a fast pace lifestyle. I have never really met a country girl thats speaks slow.. Most of them speak loud and at a medium pace. City girls around here dont talk fast, they talk slower than the country girls do. Gold-digging, being emotionally unstable, and manipulative sharks, that can be both country and city girls. Oh and Please explain,..How are City girls spoiled, compared to a country girl?

Old 03-03-2008, 06:57 AM

672 posts, read 2,124,910 times
Well, I think some very good women come from both the city, and the country. But, I grew up on a farm, and the women involved with farm related work did tend to be a little different. They knew the simple joy, pleasure, and instant relief of squating down between a couple of rows of tall cotton, and taking a dump. You don't get that with a city girl. THEY have to have a commode to go potty in, or they just CAN'T be satified until you can get them to one. HOW would they survive a real disaster?

Old 03-03-2008, 10:09 AM

8,938 posts, read 20,360,557 times
Actually, I replied to a simular Thread, so I will answer this one like this:
There are some "country women" that have or do live on a farm, but did nothing in the way of taking care of livestock/field work (like my mom). Then, there are those gals that completely "get into" farm/ranch life and work right along side of the farmer/cowboy husband.
Now, if you want some great country home cooking, there is nothing like a "country woman" for that. If you want to go to some fancy dining place (where even a tie may be required), go with the "city woman". If you like your lady with make-up on and high heels, again, go with the "city woman". A lot of "city women" will drink good wine, while a lot of "country women" will sit and "tip a few brews back with you".
As for myself, my wife is BOTH city and country and that is why I love her so much. I grew up on a hog farm.

Last edited by BabyBoomers2; 03-03-2008 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: mispelled word

Old 03-03-2008, 10:23 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,900,448 times
Again- so hard to make these generalizations....

What about the city girl who grew up in the ghetto and has never drank fine wine? What about the hard working city girl, who may not know how to ride a tractor, but works hard at 2 jobs and going to college?

What about the country girl who never lifted a finger and ever helped around the farm or the house? The country diva who expects everything done for her?

I don't think you can make generalizations, though I may have more in common and can relate to city people better, everything is a matter of personal experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships