Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 03:20 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,489,303 times

Advertisements

I would consider myself a city gal however I'm not spoiled, emotionally unstable etc. I'm married to a cop and need to be pretty level headed to do that! I can't STAND the country(oddly enough I'm currently living in it and I'm going crazy!) like someone said here it has nothing to offer. I prefer the fast paced lets go life. If I'm going out it means I need to be somewhere so either move it or loose it kinda attitude. Slow people annoy the h--- outta me! My husband was raised on a farm in Northern Maine is my complete opposite but we work well together
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 03:42 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
Haha funny,

Seriously. I luv their very down to earth personalities, and their domesticated, homemakers, not so materialistic nature etc etc.
This post made me check your gender because up until now I thought you were a gay woman (based on "Gracie" and some suggestion you made to a lady somewhere). Then went to google GracieJJ. That's what happens when you don't give a rat's a** about manly things! Granted, I don't care for sports AT ALL and I am foreign-born (so missing some mass culture here and there), but I'm probably not the only one who'd think you're a woman. Not a good choice, Gracie... not a good choice!

Old 03-07-2008, 08:26 PM

3 posts, read 11,297 times
I think there is a huge difference, lol...

Ive been born and raised and am still living in New York City, and I love the noise, the skyscrapers, the grittiness and fast pace of it all and wouldnt trade it for anything else.

Someone from the country might enjoy the peace and quiet more, may like staying at home and such, though Im not limiting it to that because there are city people who are homebodies and country people who are active and outdoorsy.

My family is moving to Georgia by the end of the year and I spent two weeks there...I felt like such a foreigner. All the trees, and lakes, and grass and nature...it was so quiet, and the area that I was in (Thompson), I didnt really see any sidewalks and that bothered me because I dont drive...Im so used to taking the train everywhere. It was nice and quiet and relaxed, but its just not me, and I love the city with all my heart. I wanna live in NYC forever.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:28 PM

3 posts, read 11,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
I would consider myself a city gal however I'm not spoiled, emotionally unstable etc. I'm married to a cop and need to be pretty level headed to do that! I can't STAND the country(oddly enough I'm currently living in it and I'm going crazy!) like someone said here it has nothing to offer. I prefer the fast paced lets go life. If I'm going out it means I need to be somewhere so either move it or loose it kinda attitude. Slow people annoy the h--- outta me! My husband was raised on a farm in Northern Maine is my complete opposite but we work well together
Lol, I couldnt agree more with your move it or loose it attitude and your point about slow people. I couldnt stand it even if I tried too, I hate it too

Old 03-08-2008, 12:24 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,350,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
Your not speaking for me.. I love independent women.. My problem is I havent found one yet.. I have met those that tell me they are.. but once it gets serious they back out of their end.. and become "stay at home, dependent and clingy".
I am country, but not a hick or redneck. Well, some days, I do feel like a redneck, but in a good way....lol.

I am also independent. I don't know how to do everything on my own yet, but I imagine one day I will...

Ya know, when I was a stay at home Mom... I was not dependent or clingy either.

Know what else? I have been noticing a lot lately that I say... "Hey Ya'll."

LOL And I kinda like it, too! YAY

yep, I go into 7-11 and get my coffee just like the city girls do. I am even starting to prefer it over Starbucks. Was in there today, and there were a whole bunch of good ole boys in there!

What does any of this mean? Not a thang!

Old 03-10-2008, 12:19 AM

564 posts, read 2,341,127 times
The difference is night and day, but I love a woman that can enjoy both.

I'm not fond of the "redneck" stereotype, if that's what we're talking about here. I enjoy a woman who can appreciate the small things in life, but if she's into drinking beer and watching football...count me out. I might as well just get a man if I'm going for that, hahah...

So basically, a person who loves quiet life but pokes me in the shoulder on the couch until I turn the basketball game off...that's my perfect woman, haha.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:24 AM

715 posts, read 2,086,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
This post made me check your gender because up until now I thought you were a gay woman (based on "Gracie" and some suggestion you made to a lady somewhere). Then went to google GracieJJ. That's what happens when you don't give a rat's a** about manly things! Granted, I don't care for sports AT ALL and I am foreign-born (so missing some mass culture here and there), but I'm probably not the only one who'd think you're a woman. Not a good choice, Gracie... not a good choice!
Just to educate you a bit. GracieJJ in its entireity is supposed to be Gracie Jiu Jitsu. Its a form of martial art originating from Brazil, If you watch UFC, you'll know what its all about.

Just when you thought you knew it all eh?

btw whats with the obsession, i thought this was about country & city women??

Last edited by GracieJJ; 03-10-2008 at 12:41 AM..

Old 03-10-2008, 06:55 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
Just to educate you a bit. GracieJJ in its entireity is supposed to be Gracie Jiu Jitsu. Its a form of martial art originating from Brazil, If you watch UFC, you'll know what its all about.

Just when you thought you knew it all eh?
LOL, guess I didn't have enough patience to find even this out. As soon as I saw sports and was out of there... Just figured you ARE a guy after all.

Quote:
btw whats with the obsession, i thought this was about country & city women??
What obsession...?!

Old 03-12-2008, 08:21 AM

1,348 posts, read 3,585,830 times
I like women who are educated, sophisticated, fun, confident, ambitious, worldly, well-rounded, is not an idiot (i.e., simple things like they can find Iraq on a world map, can immediately recognize a painting by Vincent Van Vogh, know basic things like John Wilkes Booth is the dude who assainated Abe Lincoln), they can rock out to Led Zeppelin one minute and get down and dirty to 50Cent the next. I like INTERESTING chicks.

From my experience, all these qualities can only be found in the single women who live in urban areas, college-educated. Most "country" women are the types who knit sweaters for their cats, watch Oprah and the QVC channel religously (probably because they have nothing else better to do), and go to church on Sundays. Fock that!

Old 03-12-2008, 10:30 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,350,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
I like women who are educated, sophisticated, fun, confident, ambitious, worldly, well-rounded, is not an idiot (i.e., simple things like they can find Iraq on a world map, can immediately recognize a painting by Vincent Van Vogh, know basic things like John Wilkes Booth is the dude who assainated Abe Lincoln), they can rock out to Led Zeppelin one minute and get down and dirty to 50Cent the next. I like INTERESTING chicks.

From my experience, all these qualities can only be found in the single women who live in urban areas, college-educated. Most "country" women are the types who knit sweaters for their cats, watch Oprah and the QVC channel religously (probably because they have nothing else better to do), and go to church on Sundays. Fock that!
Uh OH! A country girl just read this post. I am all of those things and more. I certainly am not an idiot, and have never knitted a sweater for my cats, either one of them!

I can find anything on a map, and I know the difference between Vicent Van Gogh and Vincent Van Vogh. I listen to all kinds of music, and I enjoy the arts.

Do I look at nature for inspiration? Every minute I can. I don't watch Oprah, nor do I watch QVC... or buy anything from them. I work. I do have better things to do.

I am not outside planting rutabagas, not that there is anything wrong with that.

you know, sometimes, I do go to church on Sundays, and that is nothing but a good thing. I find that you do not have to be a country person to do that.

So, we speak of... from your experience. I don't know what your experience is... but maybe you should stick with what you feel is working for you, do us a favor.

Oh, you know, I do not have a college education. I am such a bad person. I have no knowledge. Whatever shall I do? Poor Pitiful me. Because only a female with a college education could possibly be worth anything.

Not me though. Because I love the country, I live in it. Because the city that used to live within me has drifted away... only to be taken over by my love of the country. My love of nature. My love of life.

Thats why I like... country boys.... they know how to treat a woman.

(Not that there is anything wrong with a city boy, now)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships