Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2013, 04:36 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,804,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
God, I love your positivity about people who choose to live differently from yourself. LOL! It's uplifting, really.

*shrug* If people wanna fook like monkeys in heat with no moral stances to keep themselves in control amongst modern society, I could care less honestly. If you take my viewpoints that seriously, i'm not the one with the problem methinks. I grew up in Lutheran upbringing of a true, meaningful, loving and trusting relationship includes being dedicated to only one partner, no exceptions.

But hey, have fun your dating way and just don't add to the welfare costs because you can't or won't take care of your out of wedlock kids, im sick of that crap.

Last edited by AT-AT28; 06-08-2013 at 04:44 PM..

Old 06-08-2013, 04:38 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,216,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-AT28 View Post
*shrug* If people wanna fook like monkeys in heat with no moral stances to keep themselves in control amongst modern society, I could care less honestly. If you take my viewpoints that seriously, i'm not the one with the problem methinks

Me neither! I am happy for both of us. My moral stances involve firm commitment to the importance of family, love and caring as well as personal responsibility, conservationism, honesty and integrity. I sleep well at night. I just love more than one person. I don't see how that can be bad when we all tend to agree that love is a good thing.

Old 06-08-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I'm more of a manatee.
Oh stop you!

Old 06-08-2013, 04:58 PM

5,988 posts, read 10,489,536 times
Quote:
*shrug* If people wanna fook like monkeys in heat with no moral stances to keep themselves in control amongst modern society, I could care less honestly. If you take my viewpoints that seriously, i'm not the one with the problem methinks. I grew up in Lutheran upbringing of a true, meaningful, loving and trusting relationship includes being dedicated to only one partner, no exceptions.

But hey, have fun your dating way and just don't add to the welfare costs because you can't or won't take care of your out of wedlock kids, im sick of that crap.
As long as you are happy with following those teachings, good for you. Moral choices can be made that differ markedly from yours. Some people don't make ethical choices regardless of their beliefs and upbringing, and others do.

Old 06-08-2013, 05:42 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,402,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Oh, that's what I meant -- read other people's RL experiences. On poly forums, for example.
Why would I go there for the truth? Most people (regardless of the subject) can only be counted on to paint themselves and their lifestyle in a positive light. I'm sure many of the posters here would testify that monogamous people do this all the time. The truth is, you can catch every sort of person doing this.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:10 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,012,342 times
Quote:
The only real difference between animals and human beings is about ability to have "Moral choices" If you wanna let your animal and biological instincts take over from what it means to be a human being, your basically nothing more then a clothed animal.
Right. And if you are unable to interact with multiple partners in a moral and ethical manner, then you probably should leave it to those who can.

IOW, the grownups are talking right now.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:49 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,817,064 times
Quote:

I'm married in a monogamous relationship with 3 kids. I just don't have an issue with people that choose to live differently to me. I was just amused that you REALLY don't like it. Do you always react so abruptly to people?

Old 06-08-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
I'm married in a monogamous relationship with 3 kids. I just don't have an issue with people that choose to live differently to me. I was just amused that you REALLY don't like it. Do you always react so abruptly to people?

Always. Consider it a personality trait/flaw.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:12 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,817,064 times
Quote:
Always. Consider it a personality trait/flaw.
I've had coworkers make a game of trying to get me angry. "Wait for it, wait for it, I think we got her this time!" It takes a lot to get me worked up. That's why my 3 children are still alive.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:06 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,851,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
@somebodynew:

My experience is that a large percentage of discussion in poly forums and poly groups concerns how to define the terms you list. Everybody has a different interpretation .

@lovesMountains:

So including god is optional, but including another human is not? What about Jesus? Jesus of Nazareth, or Jesus Hernandez?

More seriously:

Some people I know belong to religions where having more than one spouse is normal and ok. Their god approves. Actually, that might be true for most poly people I know. None of them are mormons or muslim, but there are a lot of religions that allow for poly.

I guess if you like, you could make up a different name for a group of three I know who have been together 15 years, have two children and a mortgage together, and legal paperwork that gives them inheritance rights and alimony if they break up and health insurance and child custody and all that stuff.
Cute

But to be clear, Jesus IS God.

And while the free will He gifted us allows us to choose him or deny him, or even believe in others besides him, any religion that allows more than one wife (or husband) is not one I personally could adhere to or respect. Fortunately, I only have myself and my own actions to account for, so I don't spend much time worrying about what others do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships