Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 03:40 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,065,322 times

Advertisements

I know. What one person thinks is plain is wonderful to another. What do you find attractive in men? What would make a man a 10?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 03:43 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,920,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
ok, so what do you find attractive in a woman? Her hair, long or short? Blonde or brunette? Her face, do you like the blonde/ blue white girl combo or a more exotic look?, Do you like thin, athletic, tall , short, heavier women??? What do you like?
Short, think, dark skin, dark hair, curves and an accent.

Most people here don't agree with me and what I consider a 10. Doesn't bother me.

It seems so ridiculous that people get obsessed with "what is a 10" though. I don't get it.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:46 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
And people still wonder why they cannot get a single date let alone keep getting dates.......

Rating attractiveness isn't like putting up number cards at the Olympics for gymnastics............. "the judges give him a 7.5 for form.."

Old 06-06-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post

Most people here don't agree with me and what I consider a 10. Doesn't bother me.

It seems so ridiculous that people get obsessed with "what is a 10" though. I don't get it.
Yes, different people find different things attractive. So this would be a 10 to you. If she didn't have an accent and was of average height, would that then make her about a 6 or an 8 to you?

Old 06-06-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
And people still wonder why they cannot get a single date let alone keep getting dates.......

Rating attractiveness isn't like putting up number cards at the Olympics for gymnastics............. "the judges give him a 7.5 for form.."
Ok, lets simplify it. What is most important in a male's looks and a female's looks? Hair, body/height, or face?

Old 06-06-2013, 03:47 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,374,850 times
I typically prefer shorter, non-white females in very good aesthetic shape. I prefer brunettes. Usually hispanic or middle eastern type

This whole thing is completely subjective though. I can call a 5'10" blonde a 10, just as I could call a 5'1" bangladeshi a 10. It ALLLL depends.

That's just looks, then you throw in personality. I've known "10's" look wise that are such stuck up rude, dumb, girls that it made them a 2 and I couldn't even stand being around them.

I've also met 7's that are just beyond amazingly cool and down to earth, it makes them a 10.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:50 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,920,376 times
Quote:
Yes, different people find different things attractive. So this would be a 10 to you. If she didn't have an accent and was of average height, would that then make her about a 6 or an 8 to you?

No, I see light skinned and blonde girls that I'd call a 10...

That's why trying to make lists here or itemize things is a pointless waste of time.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:58 PM

31,013 posts, read 22,051,613 times
I think the chest should be Larger rather than Smaller, and the hips should match the chest, with the waist being narrower than the hips, with a some what flat stomach. A cute face makes her a 10, along with Darker skin.

Was feeling lazy so adjusted yours. Cute face, quick wit, and great attitude rule in my world.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 06-06-2013 at 04:45 PM..

Old 06-06-2013, 03:59 PM

5,207 posts, read 4,667,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post

Every time there is a question like this, someone freaks out and says it is completely subjective. This claim is about as ridiculous as saying the scale is absolute fact, meaning a 10 is a 10 to everyone in the world. It is definitely possible to rate someone as 9 or 10 and other people of similar cultural background will acknowledge that this person is highly attractive. Of course you will always have outliers who claim this person is completely hideous. What is subjective is how useful having knowledge of your number is in terms of dating. Let's say you find out you are a 7 on the hotness scale. This just means if you put your picture up on a site where random people are asked to rate you from 1 to 10, given a good sample size, the consensus will be you are a 7. It has almost no bearing on whether you can land a 10 or whether being with a 5 is settling.

Old 06-06-2013, 04:04 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,151,593 times
Quote:
Ok, lets simplify it. What is most important in a male's looks and a female's looks? Hair, body/height, or face?
This may come as a shock to some but men think differently, they like different attributes and consider different things to be attractive. Some men will agree with ones rating and others will not. The only thing that seems to be generally universal is amount of limbs and other physical attributes... amount of eyes for instance. Though that isn't a certainty either.

There's no universal scale. This applies to women, cars, motorbikes, beer, whiskey everything.

Just like it does with women... you can't simplify it because it's unquantifiable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships