Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 11:03 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
My husband desperately wants children. I have never wanted them or imagined my life with them in it. (Yes, we talked extensively about it before marriage--agreed that unless I changed my mind, we'd stay childless). His desire for kids has grown and grown the longer we've been married. He looks forward to church on Sundays so he can hold friends' kiddos and chase the toddlers around the gym.

So yes, baby rabies exists in men too
Just being honest CaliTerp. I'm not seeing a marriage that is gonna last and stay happy with this dynamic. The way he is going, one day he may want more kids more than he wants to be married to you. Not trying to be mean I'm just calling this like I see it. Of course, I don't think you should back down on your stance for the sake of being married to him. Just saying I don't see a happy ending to this dynamic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 09:37 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
This just isn't one of those areas where an incompatibility can really be worked through. Any way you slice it, somebody is going to be giving up something very personally important.

Old 06-15-2013, 12:41 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
This lady is right, I want children. Four of them.
You can come practice with mine.
They are in that easy-breezy stage now, 8yrs - 14yrs of age. We have a LOT of fun in this house.
I don't think my husband ever had "baby fever" but I didn't either. It was all very rational on our part. We sat down, discussed the family size, decided on a good time to start having a family and followed-through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Are you divorced? I am saying if the woman decides to leave the man is up the creek. A wife with a kid simply has way too much leverage, I would be on edge every day the kid was under 18 if not a nervous wreck.
You must know some really witchy women. I had a friend who complained about his marriage but wouldn't leave because he feared he'd never see his kids. I'm not sure why someone would even marry a person like that. There's got to be BIG RED FLAGS before you say "I do" when a person is that wicked and manipulative.

My husband is a pretty fantastic father. If we ever separated or divorced there is no way I'd keep him from our kids. They'd be missing out on a lot of great opportunities and experiences without him in their life.

Old 06-15-2013, 12:48 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,143,927 times
Pregnant women turn me on does that count?

Old 06-15-2013, 12:52 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
You can come practice with mine.
They are in that easy-breezy stage now, 8yrs - 14yrs of age. We have a LOT of fun in this house.
I don't think my husband ever had "baby fever" but I didn't either. It was all very rational on our part. We sat down, discussed the family size, decided on a good time to start having a family and followed-through.

You must know some really witchy women. I had a friend who complained about his marriage but wouldn't leave because he feared he'd never see his kids. I'm not sure why someone would even marry a person like that. There's got to be BIG RED FLAGS before you say "I do" when a person is that wicked and manipulative.

My husband is a pretty fantastic father. If we ever separated or divorced there is no way I'd keep him from our kids. They'd be missing out on a lot of great opportunities and experiences without him in their life.
The red flags are not always that big, im sure they were there but typically the behavior slowly denigrated over time with friends of mine and even in my own marriages (fortunately I did not have kids). As I stated in another thread that people who have very few options may tend to over look smaller red flags due to being desperate, that would be me as i'm not a very attractive man but have an overactive sex drive.

One of my friends, his ex managed to use the courts to completely take his kids away and he could no longer afford to live in the same area as his kids due to work issues (would get laid off then work again and it was never long enough gaps in employment to get child support modified but he could no longer make ends meet in a high COL area) and still pay child support. He was lucky he was an attractive man so he could at least get sex but for a guy like me I better have a lot going on in my life with no liabilities or I can kiss sex good by.

Old 06-15-2013, 01:05 PM

664 posts, read 1,036,501 times
Some boys are very unhappy right now.

Fishing plans were cancelled due to a thunderstorm.

I hate being the adult that has to wreck things for them.

Your Mom would kill me if lightning hit the lake while you were out with me.

Sorry boys....it sucks!

Your buddy!

Old 06-15-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PI2070 View Post
Some boys are very unhappy right now.

Fishing plans were cancelled due to a thunderstorm.

I hate being the adult that has to wreck things for them.

Your Mom would kill me if lightning hit the lake while you were out with me.

Sorry boys....it sucks!

Your buddy!
Well at least you can take pride in knowing you are acting like a responsible adult

Old 06-15-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
As I stated in another thread that people who have very few options may tend to over look smaller red flags due to being desperate, that would be me as i'm not a very attractive man but have an overactive sex drive.

for a guy like me I better have a lot going on in my life with no liabilities or I can kiss sex good by.
Well as I had stated, red flags. If you KNOW you are settling why get married and have kids with that person? You are just setting yourself up for failure...all in the name of a good lay (hopefully it was at least good).

Old 06-15-2013, 05:06 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,472,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural City Gal View Post
We hear a lot about females getting baby fever, but I want to know if men do as well? And if they do is it a sign of them being slightly pussified or a sissy?
I'm not sure what "baby fever" is, maybe I should google it. But it doesn't sound like something males get.

I've never had a crazy episode of wanting to have babies. Especially plural. I've wanted to sire kids and a lot of them but not for all that "Aww..." and mushy reasons teenager girls picking up some woman's baby gets into.

Unless a young man is financially well off I think fear is a more typical first feeling a man gets when told he's impregnated a young woman. But that fear can wear off to jubilation as the pregnancy progresses.

We had some young guy in Milwaukee so angry he impregnated his girl friend he closed lined the female postal worker walking to deliver mail on whatever block he was on. Now that's just d___ stupid.

I have a desire to maybe adopt some young Cambodian girls (The Road of Lost Innocence: The True Story of a Cambodian Heroine: Somaly Mam, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Nicholas D. Kristof: 9780385526227: Amazon.com: Books) one day. I have to have myself in a very good place in my life and everything in stable enough situation top help me--and them--weather through the storms that would almost certainly come as life progresses and they age in a new land with a new person in their life they are supposed to be able to depend on. In my mind now I would prefer to be a single parent.

But this does not sound like the same thing as baby fever.

I'm suspicious of men that like to spend a lot of time around other peoples small, male children (like Michael Jackson).

I like kids and I like to hear them playing but I really don't want them "around me" if you know what I mean. At least not my own. I loved my little nephews when they were small kids BUT BOY could they run, zip, from one corner of the house to the next non-stop.

And babies might be cute to a certain extent. But human beings are real creatures, and a 10 year old girl in her latter stages of AIDS is not so "cute" when she thin and eyes are somewhat sunk in. But they are as worthy of love and a parental affection and nurture as our cute little babies. So, my question is can a guy with "baby fever" cradle than thin, frail, 10 year old girl with AIDS in his arms?

Traffik: Norman Jean Roy, Kevin Bales: 9781576874745: Amazon.com: Books

Quote:
...and Sok Muteta, who was sold by her mother for 10 U.S. dollars and was first raped at the age of four. Both girls were rescued and are now in AFESIP’s care.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:11 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
My friend just divorced his wife bc she didn't kids.

Lots of men looooove kids.

My PA just remarried and she already has a 13 year old son.
Part of the deal is she has to give her new husband a child. She is not thrilled by this, but it is his first marriage and he has no kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships