Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 09:34 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,602,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
As I said, I defend it because I am annoyed by stupid people who make outrageous remarks that aren't true. I don't care that much about PUA, I just think it can be beneficial to guys who need it. As I said I never needed much help from it but there are good points anyone can take
Uh-huh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 09:37 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,602,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I hang out at Sex Addiction meetings and pick the women who drop out of the program.
I realize you meant this as a joke (I lol'ed), but in reality this would probably be easier than the PUA stuff and would result in a similar type of women and relationships (insecure, eager to please, emotionally unstable).

Old 06-14-2013, 10:23 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
As I said, I defend it because I am annoyed by stupid people who make outrageous remarks that aren't true. I don't care that much about PUA, I just think it can be beneficial to guys who need it. As I said I never needed much help from it but there are good points anyone can take
The "good points anyone can take" have nothing to do with Pick Up Artistry, is the point. It's normal human interaction. The fact that some guys are throwing away hundreds if not thousands of dollars to learn some manipulative dating techniques that may or may not work with some tips for normal human interaction thrown in for good measure is what a lot of people object to. These guys would probably be better served spending money on a Dale Carnegie course that would help them in all aspects of life, not just dating.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:23 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
The problem is, a lot of information on those PUA sites DO work, and not just for one night stands, but for meeting women and getting into relationships.
For guys that are introverted, socially awkward, shy, never had a relationship, they may not even be able to discern what is the "good" and "bad" of PUA sites. They're reaching out to internet sites instead of getting out into the world and learning to converse with women like regular people.

I liked Ruth's post earlier about watching how some different ethnicities do it, leading off with trying to make eye contact, waiting for the smile, and then approaching, rather than the bluster and bs of PUA tactics.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:14 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Why is that a problem? If it works for you, use it. No need to spend time defending it on an internet forum. Go out and pick up some girls!
I know, right?

Old 06-14-2013, 12:16 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
I have a girlfriend and I don't need majority of it bexause I've never actually had problems with women . I just defend it to defend a point and topic that's beaten to death by people who don't have a clue what they're talking about.

There are things that can help anyone though and I simply don't deny there being good information out there
Oh yeah. We know, Burgler.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:44 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
For guys that are introverted, socially awkward, shy, never had a relationship, they may not even be able to discern what is the "good" and "bad" of PUA sites. They're reaching out to internet sites instead of getting out into the world and learning to converse with women like regular people.

I liked Ruth's post earlier about watching how some different ethnicities do it, leading off with trying to make eye contact, waiting for the smile, and then approaching, rather than the bluster and bs of PUA tactics.

That's true, but I feel like a lot of it could be common sense. If it's not common sense.. then they will learn quickly what does and doesn't work.

There's no quick fix guide to going out and manipulating a woman. There's not one socially awkward nerd who is going to read a PUA guide and be able to go out and manipulate a girl using those things and get a one night stand every day. Instead they'd probably end up getting shot right down.

The people who would use PUA material to manipulate a woman are already bad character people. No one with their head on their shoulders wants to manipulate another person, so whether they read some article written by a guy who wears binoculars to the bar, these people are going to be good people or bad people regardless.

In regards to what Ruth said, I agree 100% with her.. minus the "other ethnicity" part. Trust me, approaching women has nothing to do with ethnicity. There are so many latin american, brasilian and african geeks who are afraid to talk to women. I have friends from all of those places, and some are great with women and some are huge geeks (i study engineering). It's not the race, it's the person. PUA sites are a good way to learn ways to be able to overcome the fear of just walking up to a girl and talking to her, not manipulating or using a technique.. but just getting over the fear of talking. PUA is just another word for some guys who are good with talking to women, giving advice to people on what to do. Some is good, some can be bad.

You guys all sit on here and tell these guys who are terrible with women to just "approach the woman and don't care".. well what if these guys have no clue what they're doing? They need some direction... that's where a PUA site can come in, instead watching movies where the guys bend over backwards and go through all lengths to impress the girl, get friendzoned and somehow win her over someday after she had sex all the time with the "bad guy" a couple days before.

People like JetJockey and Jrz go all crazy about it, but in reality just refuse to listen to anyone who doesn't agree with their viewpoint.. then they try to mock everyone when in reality the joke is on them.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:19 PM

947 posts, read 1,187,420 times
Quote:
Were you referring to me? Pretty sure I treat any woman I'm with better than the doormat losers or guys who are friend zoned asking for advice how to win the girl over.
But, but... you just said PUA works! Why mock the poor fellows following your suggestion?

Old 06-14-2013, 06:00 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
That's true, but I feel like a lot of it could be common sense. If it's not common sense.. then they will learn quickly what does and doesn't work.

There's no quick fix guide to going out and manipulating a woman. There's not one socially awkward nerd who is going to read a PUA guide and be able to go out and manipulate a girl using those things and get a one night stand every day. Instead they'd probably end up getting shot right down.

The people who would use PUA material to manipulate a woman are already bad character people. No one with their head on their shoulders wants to manipulate another person, so whether they read some article written by a guy who wears binoculars to the bar, these people are going to be good people or bad people regardless.

In regards to what Ruth said, I agree 100% with her.. minus the "other ethnicity" part. Trust me, approaching women has nothing to do with ethnicity. There are so many latin american, brasilian and african geeks who are afraid to talk to women. I have friends from all of those places, and some are great with women and some are huge geeks (i study engineering). It's not the race, it's the person. PUA sites are a good way to learn ways to be able to overcome the fear of just walking up to a girl and talking to her, not manipulating or using a technique.. but just getting over the fear of talking. PUA is just another word for some guys who are good with talking to women, giving advice to people on what to do. Some is good, some can be bad.

You guys all sit on here and tell these guys who are terrible with women to just "approach the woman and don't care".. well what if these guys have no clue what they're doing? They need some direction... that's where a PUA site can come in, instead watching movies where the guys bend over backwards and go through all lengths to impress the girl, get friendzoned and somehow win her over someday after she had sex all the time with the "bad guy" a couple days before.

People like JetJockey and Jrz go all crazy about it, but in reality just refuse to listen to anyone who doesn't agree with their viewpoint.. then they try to mock everyone when in reality the joke is on them.
Oh dear lord.
I did listen.
I still think it's BS.
Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I 'refused to listen'. I simply came to a different conclusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships