Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2007, 06:02 AM

159 posts, read 806,304 times

Advertisements

OK.. my brother in-law was in a very long relationship.. then all of the sudden this girl at his work told him that his girlfriend was cheating on him.. so he dumped her.. then this new girl proceeded to ask him to hang out with her.. she told him that she had ONLY 5% chance of getting pregnant and to NOT wear a condom.. well 1 month later guess whose pregnant.. he was devistated.. he actually learned in that time that he didn't like her at all.. she now proceeded to cut him off from his x- girlfriend talking to him and his friends.. ever since she found out she was pregnant she quit her job.. to stay at home and relax.. he now works 7 days/wk.. but feels like he need to stay with this crazy ***** for the child...what do u think????

Well heres a side note... shes been engaged 2 times before and dumped 2 times as well.. the last person she was with before my brother in-law she got pregnant and lost the child... She has about a million baby things saved...shes ONLY 22!!

And my brother in-law feels like he owes her for getting her pregnant.. but i KNOw it was all in her plans... she is so in-love with the fantasy of having a kid and being married,, shes trying so hard to get him to marry her... AND YES she IS pregnant Unfortunately.

Last edited by willowtree22; 11-06-2007 at 06:54 AM..

Old 11-06-2007, 06:09 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,057 times
He should have kept Mr. Happy in his pants or covered him up. What a dummy.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:15 AM

27,337 posts, read 27,387,014 times
Yeah tha sounded like an intelligent choice. Does he realize that having a baby changes your whole life? (For the better, of course).

Old 11-06-2007, 06:24 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
maybe she is not really pregnant?
I think, he needs to take a reality check...why is he even practicing unsafe sex? Even if someone told me they had a 1% chance of getting pregnant, that's still a 1 % chance? I'm really unable to grasp the fantasy of all this....I mean, you both, I think, really need to talk to someone about sex...and very openly...I might add....didn't anyone ever warn you that there are girls out there who will stop at nothing to be taken care of...., and remember, if he marrys her, now he will not only be responsible to pay for the child, but also for her, if and when they seperate. If I were him, the first thing I would do, is demand a DNA test...to make certain, the child is his...then by all means, he should have to take care of that child...but marry her? Absoloutely not!

Oh, and if someone told me that my boyfriend were cheating, you'd better believe I would check it out......

This woman is trouble, but by and by, your brother in law is a victim of his own choices...unfortunately, and hopefully, he will learn a very difficult lesson, but he will learn.

Creme

Old 11-06-2007, 06:33 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,938 times
Yeah, hard to have too much sympathy..... It's like betting your house on a "sure thing" at the track. As long as there's a chance you should take precautions.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:37 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,742,037 times
dna test ..dna test ..dna test ...

Old 11-06-2007, 06:41 AM

788 posts, read 2,110,763 times
You put it in you pay for life. My hubby had almost the same thing happen to him before he met me and I wouldn't trade my step son for the world. It;s been hell with the child's mother though - nasty custody battle and a whole world of yuck.
DNA test - but your brother in law is an adult and he chose to not wear a condom - his choice. The biggest problems in our lives are the ones we cause ourselves by being stupid!!
I wouldn't pay for anything except dr visits until this baby is born and a dna test is performed.
and the second the baby is out - sue for custody!

Old 11-06-2007, 06:44 AM

558 posts, read 2,248,242 times
Rather than describing this as being "TRICKED", I would say that it's time for him to grow up, accept responsibility for participating in this, try to determine the validity of the pregnancy claim, and contact an attorney, up front, to save himself potentially many more dollars and plenty of grief down the road. Time to start ACTING and stop REACTING.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:44 AM

630 posts, read 2,226,246 times
I would make sure to get the DNA test done!!! Also he shouldn't make it worse my staying with her or even worse getting married. If the child is his then his responsiblity is only for the child, not to the mother. He will need to make sure, if he wants to, to file for joint custody, or even full custody. There is also child support issues the will need to be resolved. If this child is his, he has some real decisions to make and understand that now he has a life commitment to this child and that, unfortunately, the mother will be to some extent part of that as well.

All you can do is support him in his decisions ...

I wish him all of the best ... he will have some rough roads ahead.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:01 AM

859 posts, read 2,148,010 times
I guess I dont understand the *tricked* part. He willingly had sex with this Girl without protection. I wouldnt call that tricked I would say DUMB.

So some girls tells him his GF cheats , and he believs her after they been a LONG relationship?? Why did he even believe her? I would check things out, and I would NOT start a relationship with the girl who said this either. How stupid!
And then has sex with her, UNPROTECTED,,,,, HELLO ANYONE home!
Not only did he take a chance of getting her knocked up ( as it happend) but also on AIDS, and OTHER STDS.
Is he on drugs or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.