Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 01:44 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Well, is that true? Or does some part of you fear it might be true? Or is it simply that you only want sex in this situation? Do you trust your own self-knowledge? Or do you worry that you might be deluding yourself?

No deluding here, I did NOT want a steady boyfriend at that time and was not looking for anyone to provide anything but sex, nothing more. Five years after it started I was ready to start seeking a long term relationship with one man and I found that man and have been with him for 10 years now.

If you cannot trust your own self knowledge what would make you think you could trust someone else's knowledge of you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 02:12 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,067,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Thank goodness.

Even though I'm still not convinced that they're 100% effective.

Sounds like you made up your mind.

Lucky guy........
Haven't really. Plus anything can happen. I will only suggest meeting for a drink. Someone will get lucky though, I am going to have sex in 2013. lol. My hesitation is I really would rather do that in a LTR so in the end I may be likely to hold out for that. This guy is not right for a relationship with me.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:17 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,088,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Haven't really. Plus anything can happen. I will only suggest meeting for a drink. Someone will get lucky though, I am going to have sex in 2013. lol. My hesitation is I really would rather do that in a LTR so in the end I may be likely to hold out for that. This guy is not right for a relationship with me.
2013?

Set the bar higher and shoot for 12 times before Labor Day.

May be slim pickins on New Year's Eve.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:18 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,067,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
2013?

Set the bar higher and shoot for 12 times before Labor Day.

May be slim pickins on New Year's Eve.
LOL, the sooner I get into a relationship the more sex there will be.
I think I've got to keep my standards where they are supposed to be and not get sidetracked.

Last edited by lastwomanstanding; 07-05-2013 at 02:30 PM..

Old 07-05-2013, 03:24 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
How about just being open to having sex on your own terms? You make it sound like having sex with someone you hardly know is like strangling a cat.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:31 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
How about just being open to having sex on your own terms? You make it sound like having sex with someone you hardly know is like strangling a cat.
Choke the *****?

Old 07-05-2013, 03:40 PM
YAZ

Quote:
LOL, the sooner I get into a relationship the more sex there will be.
I think I've got to keep my standards where they are supposed to be and not get sidetracked.

No.

The sooner that you give it up.....the sooner you will be in a relationship.

Go ahead. Grab those toes and bang the young stud. You'll feel better.

Consider this. I met a married gal a long time ago....I was single at the time.....quite attractive brunette.

We were talking at the bar and she explained to me that when she was single.....she just wanted to be serviced. She would be serviced at her home, then she simply told the stud:

"Time for you to leave."

Now, we don't want this thing to turn into a "Mr. Goodbar" scenario, but with careful preparedness, one could use the marital status in a very good way.

I always respected the hell out of "Peggy", not because she was so truthful and blunt....but one hell of a martial artist.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:32 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,071,120 times
Can I be honest with you? From what I have read of your posts, IMHO, you will not be able to do this w/o feeling something (resentment, guilt, regret, etc) and mostly towards yourself, not him.

I am one of the few women who can have FWB (yes, real FWB's) and not want the r'ship to be anything more than a friendship (and yes, we totally hang out as friends and sometimes, we don't even have sex ). In fact, most of the men I've been with are the ones who change their minds.

There are too many things you said, that yell RED FLAG to me. They're things a lot of my gf's would say, right before they'd get involved in a FWB situation and then cry about it all later cuz the guy broke their heart because they didn't want a r'ship (which the women didn't want in the first place, but sex became too emotional for them and they created too many ties).

So, my advice, don't do it. Find a guy you like and want a r'ship with. You just don't seem the type and although it can be fun, it can also be so not fun when you end up hating yourself for doing it. BTW, IMHO, it's not a "gotta try it, to know if I can do it" bit. Most people I know who can truly do it, they've known from the first few times they've ever had sex that they can do it. And most people I know who have "tried" get burned.

Just my two cents. I'd hate to see you feel bad about yourself. Stay true to your roots. If that doesn't work, go buy some toys.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:44 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
I worry I'm not as evolved as you. I believe it comes natural to men to compartmentalize sex more so that it does for women. That is why I think this guy has potential. Intelligence and maturity are usually things I want in a mate. It is obvious he is younger than me personality wise. If someone doesn't turn me on personality wise, it is hard for me to fall in love.
Separating emotion from sex has nothing to do with "being evolved". Seriously, don't EVEN think like that.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:48 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,696,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Separating emotion from sex has nothing to do with "being evolved". Seriously, don't EVEN think like that.
What does it have to do with? I think it's seeing things as it is. A physical act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships