Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 01:10 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,662,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
I signed up for all these dating sites, etc and have received tons and tons of msgs and have just been ugh! about all of them.

Perhaps I should just take myself out of the dating game altogether and take up a hobby like white water rafting or knitting or something.
Wait...so you receive a ton of messages but none of those women are good enough for you?

So you're actively choosing to be 'forever alone'.

You have options, you just don't like them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 01:27 PM

389 posts, read 1,220,537 times
I haven't read all the posts in this thread but if I needed a mate I would go to those places where there were mutual interests and there are single people. I would not be going to the bars and although I never used dating services I don't really think that highly of them.

Sometimes a person is trying too hard and that is the problem. If a person has a pleasing personality, keeps themself in decent physical shape, opportunities will arise somewhere along the road. I've been married for 40 years and it "just happened" and we both knew it. Sometimes it might even be your best friend of the opposite sex. Someone you are comfortable with. As far as ''true" love and lust, that's all fine and good but it is unlikely to last forever. I suspect most of us live rather humdrum lives. And I don't envy those with great wealth who have more than they could spend in 10 lifetimes. In the end it won't matter anyway because we can't take it with us.

Look around. Who are you friends with? You might already be communicating with the person you will live the rest of your life with. There is really no ideal person out there who will be a perfect fit. Go about your life in a normal manner, avoid the bar scenes and that sort of thing. You might look at your local "Y" as it caters to both sexes. There is a common interest just by being there. Good luck.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:34 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,224,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Wait...so you receive a ton of messages but none of those women are good enough for you?

Looking back at the OP's posting history I'm thinking its either a gay or bi man or a hetero woman. So we shouldn't assume he/she is messaging just women or women at all.

Last edited by Ro2113; 07-24-2013 at 01:49 PM..

Old 07-24-2013, 01:35 PM

102,252 posts, read 108,199,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

OP still hasn't answered this question about why he's "ugh!" about the messages he gets.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:45 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,662,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Looking back at the OP's posting history I'm thinking its either a gay, or bi man or a hetero woman. So we shouldn't assume he/she is messaging just women or women at all.
Ah, gotcha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP still hasn't answered this question about why he's "ugh!" about the messages he gets.
Lemme take a stab at it...they're all fat single mothers!!!

Old 07-24-2013, 03:22 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,121,368 times
Not really. How can you say you'll be alone forever? You really never know what the future will bring. You might meet someone tomorrow while getting your morning coffee. I haven't been on a date or had a single romantic interest for almost 8 months now, but I'm okay with it. I'm not really choosing to be alone, but it's just the way life is right now and I'm okay with that. I don't want to be feel miserable about it, nor do I want to totally close myself off the possibility that it might happen.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:28 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,218,964 times
do u ever feel like just giving up and resigning to the fact that you will indeed be forever alone?

No.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:29 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,805,788 times
I'm pretty much at the point of it for now. I don't really care if I find love or not.

Old 07-24-2013, 04:45 PM

371 posts, read 895,401 times
I haven't given up, exactly, but I haven't been trying for the past few years either. Of course I don't want to be 'forever alone', but dating has become such a grind that there's no joy in it anymore. I guess I've just gotten used to being single.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships