Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 02:10 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,287,482 times

Advertisements

is prioritising looks such a crime ?

I don't think so , ive come to realise of late that the reason ive been single for so long is that I was chasing women who were completely out of my league , im good at the old chat but I was directing this smooth talk in the wrong direction , im average and I should be using my stuff on women of equal looks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 02:20 PM

9,131 posts, read 20,004,714 times
I think we need to be careful with what is attributed to his anecdotal evidence.

It almost sounds like what he is saying is that women are more picky with looks, when seeking a casual relationship. Maybe that is true.

However, I am not sure looks are the overriding factor for women when seeking or remaining in a longer term relationship. In my experience, women tend to be more discerning with other factors of personality before looks in this regard.

Of course, that is all anecdotal on my part... and none of this really defines who is more or less attractive. Sure, we all know and can recognize the more rare, stereotypical beauties. However, once we get to your more typical person, men or women, they are usually more typical because they have some features or traits better than others, where personal preference in attraction to or from certain things will sway individual opinion.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:29 PM

13 posts, read 20,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilkingx2 View Post
makes sense, in a ONS shallow traits are more important, things like money and status are less important
Status less important? No. This is why so many popular frat guys/college athletes get laid so often.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:30 PM

133 posts, read 249,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XoMeganoX View Post
Status less important? No. This is why so many popular frat guys/college athletes get laid so often.
lol you are sadly mistaken

Old 07-29-2013, 10:55 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,227,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
is prioritising looks such a crime ?

I don't think so , ive come to realise of late that the reason ive been single for so long is that I was chasing women who were completely out of my league , im good at the old chat but I was directing this smooth talk in the wrong direction , im average and I should be using my stuff on women of equal looks
How many years did you spend doing this? I wasted from 18 to 22 doing this, I look back and wonder how the heck it took me 4 years to figure this out, I mean seriously 4 years. 4 high sex drive years that were just kinda flushed down the toilet.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:49 PM

13 posts, read 20,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptedWords View Post
lol you are sadly mistaken
I'm not. I have friends (who are gorgeous, btw... Tan, skinny, pretty faces) that did like to do ONS's in college, and they typically did it with guys who had good social status. Big time college athletes, even if they aren't that attractive, will get laid easily, and with hot girls too. I'm surprised you don't grasp this concept. However, a lot of big time athletes/guys in popular frats are hot too, lol not gonna lie. One of my best friends (who is drop dead gorgeous) is dating one of the top college wrestlers.

Also, my alma mater's quarterback had sex with over 100 girls, easily. He was cute... But definitely kind of a jerk. These boys get it done though... A lot of women, call them dumb all you like, love to feel special by a popular guy.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:02 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,350,626 times
Quote:
Guy claims that for relationships women will make looks matter less but when it comes to hooking up and one night stands women care more about looks than men do.

Women care more about looks than men do | Dreaming Yet Living
Alpha male fux, beta bux. Without reading the article, I'd agree with your general statement.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:49 PM

52,235 posts, read 52,648,334 times
I think looks matter to both sexes, but I think women can be a bit more forgiving than men. Just my humble opinion.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:49 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,725,973 times
Quote:
Guy claims that for relationships women will make looks matter less but when it comes to hooking up and one night stands women care more about looks than men do.

i didn't read the article, but what you just stated is pretty obvious

Old 07-31-2013, 02:55 PM

213 posts, read 504,079 times
Women are extremely visual creatures, probably more so than men are. If you ask a woman to describe her ideal man, you will be shocked by how many vivid details she includes. Women care about a guy's height -- up to the exact inch -- and they'll notice their husband's receding hairline earlier than he will.

Furthermore, the way in which a woman characterizes a guy overall seems to be largely dependent on how he looks. We've seen the studies that show women rate good-looking guys as funnier and wittier. It's almost comical how this type of double standard plays out. Suppose you have a woman go on a date different guys, one of them an unkept, ugly theoretical physicist (like Einstein) and the other a tall, handsome, well-dressed guy who has a decent vocabulary. Which one do think will be characterized as "intelligent" by the woman? You know the answer.

That's what I would call raw, sexual attraction. The good news is that raw, sexual attraction isn't an important factor for women when it comes to serious relationships and marriage. I'm not joking. Read the thread on this forum where a bunch of women were saying that they go out with less-than-handsome guys because it gives their self-esteem a boost to be the better looking one in the relationship and because it they feel safer knowing that he probably doesn't have many cheating options and will put them on a pedestal. And think about the ugly, rich guys who get trophy wives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships