Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 10:36 PM

29 posts, read 49,296 times

Advertisements

I started seeing this girl recently who is just awesome...only problem being that she's a little chubby. I think I have something good here - she used to be skinny in high school, has some desire in getting in shape and I know that she can control her eating at least to a certain extent. I went to the movies tonight and she didn't even think about going to the candy/snack area. Last time we were out at a bar, she just ordered a little bit of shrimp and that was it. These are all good signs...a lot of overweight people are beyond help to me because they have this huge emotional attachment to food and they want to eat every opportunity they get

I am going to start working out with her tomorrow I think....I just gotta get her hooked on the love of lifting and she will look fantastic in 2 months or so

Anyways, has anybody here done what I'm attempting to do? What happens whenever you have a very active/fit person dating somebody who is not so fit initially? Can I get her to adopt my lifestyle?

Old 07-24-2013, 10:40 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Lifting? She needs to do cardio. And she isn't going to eat a lot in front of you. I never did in front of males.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Lifting? She needs to do cardio.

Women who do a ton of cardio - http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/...e/radclifx.jpg

Women who lift all the time - http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...ss-girls-7.jpg

'enough said

As far as eating a lot...I've had overweight female friends who ate all the time in front of me and other men. I see a lot of potential...just gotta get her hooked on exercise somehow

Old 07-24-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFallsDown View Post
Women who do a ton of cardio - http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/...e/radclifx.jpg

Women who lift all the time - http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...ss-girls-7.jpg

'enough said

As far as eating a lot...I've had overweight female friends who ate all the time in front of me and other men. I see a lot of potential...just gotta get her hooked on exercise somehow
Make it fun for her. Not torcher.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:48 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
I started seeing this girl recently who is just awesome...only problem being that she's a little chubby. I think I have something good here - she used to be skinny in high school, has some desire in getting in shape and I know that she can control her eating at least to a certain extent. I went to the movies tonight and she didn't even think about going to the candy/snack area. Last time we were out at a bar, she just ordered a little bit of shrimp and that was it. These are all good signs...a lot of overweight people are beyond help to me because they have this huge emotional attachment to food and they want to eat every opportunity they get

I am going to start working out with her tomorrow I think....I just gotta get her hooked on the love of lifting and she will look fantastic in 2 months or so

Anyways, has anybody here done what I'm attempting to do? What happens whenever you have a very active/fit person dating somebody who is not so fit initially? Can I get her to adopt my lifestyle?
Her being "a little chubby" is NOT the "only problem".

The bigger problem is your lack of depth as a man and an inability to see your own "chubby" ego.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Make it fun for her. Not torcher.

Absolutely, that's my number 1 goal

Old 07-24-2013, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

The bigger problem is your lack of depth as a man and an inability to see your own "chubby" ego.
True I would want a guy to like me for me. But would like the motivation and moral support in getting healthier.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

I'm sorry but the human body is not supposed to be "pudgy" or "chubby"

Athletic people just look sooooooo much better in every way...and I'm no hypocrite. I have gone from being 240 lbs @ 35% bodyfat to a fraction of that number myself

Old 07-24-2013, 10:53 PM

Quote:
True I would want a guy to like me for me. But would like the motivation and moral support in getting healthier.

Absolutely, I'm all about motivation and moral support. I helped my best friend transform from a 135 LB skinny runt to a 176 Lb sexy man Mod cut: Inappropriate term.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-25-2013 at 11:15 AM..

Old 07-24-2013, 10:53 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
I'm sorry but the human body is not supposed to be "pudgy" or "chubby"
Neither is the human ego
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships