Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 10:54 AM

647 posts, read 1,217,852 times

Advertisements

This guy,...let's call him B, and I had a very strong connection (strong physical attraction, connected romantically through texting a lot, went through the same things, we shared the same life experiences and circumstances! - abusive marriage, divorce/impending divorce, radical Christian families!!) but we could not pursue a relationship...because of circumstances (one was still legally married, though marriage was effectively dead).

He decided to cut off contact with me because I was tempting him to sin. We both knew that we would end up in bed if we met each other, just once again, that'd be all it'd have taken.

I went away feeling quite heartbroken but respecting his decision, and shortly later had a fling with somebody that I have known around the same time, was attracted to more superficially (we could talk about all kinds of stuff, sure and have fun from each other's companionship) but not the same kind of connection that I had with B. It was like some kinda release for me in a way, because my emotional needs (not to mention sexual) had been unmet for years while trapped in the dead marriage.

I contacted B a few months later, after things settled and my divorce was finalized. Upon receiving my text, he called me back immediately and wanted to talk.

We talked and he told me that he was actually seeing somebody he met after we stopped speaking but they just broke up. I was a little crushed to know he had a girlfriend, but I hid it and we carried on talking.

Catching up, I felt that since he told me about the relationship he was in, I could tell him about my fling too. I did not have any motives, did not want to elicit any reaction or anything. When I decided to tell him, I just thought I should since we were catching up and he told me about his relationship.

After he was done talking about his ex girlfriend, I said I met somebody too after we stopped talking. He paused and said you did? And he said immediately, did you sleep with him? I said yes. And he said the weirdest thing. He asked me "Was it good?"

First, why would he ask me this? Isn't this question rather strange (and a tad personal) and why would it be on the mind of anyone? Can some men give me some insight? The only person I can imagine being interested in this is a nosy and fun girlfriend. I shrugged it off by saying "I just felt really really bad after it happened, like you said I would".

Then he asked me if the guy was married too. I said he's divorced...and my marriage was dead..

Next thing I knew, B said he couldn't carry on speaking, and that he is not in a frame of mind or doesn't have the strength to give me anything at this moment, and that he needs to lay down and he needs to get some "personal space". I was totally shocked by what happened and was like "whaaaaat" in my mind..I didn't expect it at all coz we were talking normally the whole time and in fact at the start of the conversation, he told me that when he got my text he thought I was still in the state and he wanted to see me...

I think I managed to sneak in a quick question "how do you plan to get space?" He said "I dunno, maybe get close to God or something" and then he started babbling almost...incoherently at this point, saying he needed to lay down and get something to eat, he claimed he hadn't eaten anything all day (it was 3pm at the time) and he needed to go. Then we hung up.

From the way I see it, it was like the moment he found out that I met somebody else and slept with him, he couldn't talk to me anymore and totally changed from the way he was when we first talked and he really wanted to get away from the conversation.. I don't understand why he reacted this way, especially in light of the fact that he ACTUALLY GOT INTO A RELATIONSHIP with another girl and I'm pretty sure he slept with her right?! Come on! And I wasn't his girlfriend or anything when it happened. Surely I had the right to do as I chose, as a willing adult?

What is going on?? And why did he first ask "Was it good?" What was that about?! I'm so confused and I really miss him. I tried to give him space and waited awhile to contact him again and I did and later he claimed to me that he worked things out with his girlfriend and asked me not to contact him again. I respected that and hadn't contacted him again (and will not). I was just thinking what went wrong in that conversation..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2013, 11:12 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
he labeled you as a tramp for sleeping with that man, despite him doing the same thing; its how some men think.....quite ridiculous, really.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:38 AM

32,663 posts, read 48,079,532 times
Why did he do it? Because he is a jerk and doesn't appear to be all that mentally stable.

Move on. He is not worth wasting any time on.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
he labeled you as a tramp for sleeping with that man, despite him doing the same thing; its how some men think.....quite ridiculous, really.
But he did the exact same thing, cheating on his ex wife which ended his marriage.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:53 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,923,196 times
You and this guy both seem a little confused on Christian teaching and that is likely causing this problem. You have to remember that God considers divorce a sin, except for adultery, and any sex outside the bonds of marriage also a sin. (Fornication). So what he thinks about you and your relationship and your sexual activity, along with his own beliefs and feelings about what he's up to make for a situation difficult to make work.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Why did he do it? Because he is a jerk and doesn't appear to be all that mentally stable.

Move on. He is not worth wasting any time on.
So he's a nutjob?

Old 07-27-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
You and this guy both seem a little confused on Christian teaching and that is likely causing this problem. You have to remember that God considers divorce a sin, except for adultery, and any sex outside the bonds of marriage also a sin. (Fornication). So what he thinks about you and your relationship and your sexual activity, along with his own beliefs and feelings about what he's up to make for a situation difficult to make work.
He went through the exact same thing as I did. That was why our connection was so strong to begin with.

Because of our shared experiences. It was as if I could have met him in a support group.

He also cheated on his ex wife and he also got a divorce. We're both Christians. So you're saying he has a problem with what I did because of his Christian values when he did the exact same thing?

I know he really liked me and really wished I were single when we were speaking. When we talked again, he also asked me if I talked to my ex husband at all since he (B) and I suspended contact, and if there was any activity between us (me and my ex husband), when I said not at all and the divorce is final, he sounded relieved.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:58 AM

943 posts, read 1,004,792 times
Its an awesome thing when you really connect with another person, but it sounds like he has some issues that are preventing him from going to the next step. Maybe you'll be happy someday when you realize how you were spared from a bad relationship...this one is done it sounds like.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:00 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,730,962 times
It actually sounds as if he wanted you for himself, once the time was right, but never imagined that you, his Madonna, could ever do such a thing. He was in shock.

I'm really not sure there is a double standard issue, here, as i couldn't be sure what the "fling" involved. But he obviously has put you up on his Christian pedestal.

Does that make you feel uncomfortable?

Old 07-27-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
Its an awesome thing when you really connect with another person, but it sounds like he has some issues that are preventing him from going to the next step. Maybe you'll be happy someday when you realize how you were spared from a bad relationship...this one is done it sounds like.
When we were speaking a lot the first time round before he suspended contact (because we both knew if we met again, we'd most certainly end up in bed! and having cheated before which ended his marriage, he had been scarred and didn't want to 'cheat' again), the big issue preventing us from going to the next step was the fact that I was still married. That's a big thing. And to most guys, yes, to him, bigger. Because of his own history. Of cheating and then divorce. His ex wife basically emotionally abused him in the same way my ex husband abused me. We were both victims of the same type of psychopaths in the same type of bad marriage. He used to always tell me he knows exactly how I must be feeling, how temptation must be strong because emotional needs have gone unmet.

We really have bad timing. After I got a divorce, he met somebody and has a girlfriend? What is going on? I really like him. Somehow I feel like God is always out to get me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships