Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 09:04 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,253,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineten View Post
You didn't see my prior post. I am happily married and agree in that marriage is for life. I'm trying to figure out if I'm overreacting or if I should end the friendship.
That's the choice?

Why don't you just act like you're overreacting, and continue the friendship in pretended ignorance?

She'll get the hint very soon, most women are very sensitive to rejection. Doubly so if she is in an unhappy marriage, I would imagine.

Good for you for loving your wife and staying faithful....not so good for ending friendships over small misunderstandings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 09:18 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,313,921 times
Run, don't walk. Your gut questioned, you are slipping into inquiry land (posting on C-D), and you may be entertaining too many thoughts. Your instincts should win. Don't play mind games with yourself. I wouldn't just ratchet down, I would bow out, saying you have many commitments and your job and life just got busier. If you captured her heart, she may capture something else in the 3D live experience.

Women can do this (bow out) every day of the week, and it is OK. Men should not see anything less than chivalrous (to their current partners) to do just this. Make excuses, many excuses, have your wife start meeting you for lunch or vice versa, and take the emotional transfer to the city of Gone.

Race, culture, it don't matter. There is a male-female thing going on here and you need to remove yourself from this equation. Your feelings for your virtue and your wife will trump her sadness for your parting. And no explanations are needed beyond what is stated. Would she argue with you why if you said you would continue? Then don't argue why when you say you can't continue. And just keep walking.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:31 PM

355 posts, read 389,545 times
Quote:

Sorry if I come off as naive, but I don't have much experience with women and am clueless on signs and signals.
if this is true, you should not be married.

marriage is for those experienced with women, it's harder to get screwed over if you know what you're doing.

Quote:
I should be more clear. I have no intention of cheating. I value her friendship, but if this is a crush or somthing more serious, I'm terminating the friendship. I think the advice to dial back the lunches is good advice.
how about you just talk to her, you cannot possibly value the friendship but be willing to casually drop her without even saying a word to her.

it does sound like shes flirting with you, but we don't know your dynamic or the context

she could've been high, she could've been drunk, she could've mis-texted you and meant to send that to her husband, she could've just been being friendly and now you're on here overreacting

some women wouldn't say something like that unless they were madly in love with you, other women are friendly and warm.

Quote:
She's actually a very attractive Latina woman.
this statement is redundant, just say latina woman

Old 08-03-2013, 09:45 PM

355 posts, read 389,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
She likes "lunch" with him.

Lunch huh?
off-topic: are you in the band hollywood undead?

Old 08-04-2013, 01:56 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,373,799 times
Quote:
Is this married friend interested?
Why don't you ask your wife?^

C'mon now, man, who you trying to fool here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships