Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2013, 01:45 PM

31,019 posts, read 22,056,089 times

Advertisements

I went out with friends to a bar last night and had an interesting encounter. My group of friends had a table, but the place was a little under staffed so I went up to the bar to get a beer.

I parked myself next to a very pretty young lady and we started talking about something that was on the TV. Her body language and smile indicated that she was possibly interested. The Bar tender delivered my beer and I stayed at the bar to continue my conversation with her. She reached over a couple of times why we were talking and touched my hand and arm; I'm thinking all good indications. A while later a good looking guy walks up to her and starts talking to her. She is showing no indication of a romantic vibe towards him, but a minute into their conversation she says "How rude of me let me introduce you to my husband".

I normally, would have thought bummer, but he leaned over and shook my hand and started talking to me as if we were old friends. He said they had just moved in from out of town and were fortunate in finding a great place to go to that had so many great people. He excused himself to go outside for a smoke and insisted that I continue my conversation with his wife. We were carrying for a while longer and she asked if I wanted to go outside and have a smoke with her and her husband. I told her I don't smoke but I would join them.

I spent the rest of the evening with them talking about everything from relationships to current events. The entire time she was parked right up next to me, leaning into my shoulder occasionally, while he stayed on the other side of the table. We all talked to a number of other people, some of my friends and some strangers for the rest of the night. Before I left they asked me if I wanted to go out with them sometime. I said quite possibly and I would probably see them at the same palce again.

I'm not naive and I have met a lot of friendly couples over the years when going out solo but this had a real pick up vibe about it. Were they Swingers or maybe open marriage types? Maybe just the most friendly couple I have ever met? I would never take them up if they were but I am intrigued

Old 08-15-2013, 01:48 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,448,765 times
only from someone that i had known for years before i even started seeing my wife.
....she is no longer a part of my life. the way it was presented and asked was totally inappropriate and they knew how i felt about their lifestyle

Old 08-15-2013, 01:50 PM

31,019 posts, read 22,056,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
only from someone that i had known for years before i even started seeing my wife.
....she is no longer a part of my life. the way it was presented and asked was totally inappropriate and they knew how i felt about their lifestyle
So, your thinking Swinger or open marriage couple?

Old 08-15-2013, 02:01 PM

523 posts, read 840,053 times
Hmmm, could be swingers but most swingers (IME) are up front about it. They don't want to carry on with someone that wouldn't be into it. I am guessing they are just friendly or swinger wannabes.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:10 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,344,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I went out with friends to a bar last night and had an interesting encounter. My group of friends had a table, but the place was a little under staffed so I went up to the bar to get a beer.

I parked myself next to a very pretty young lady and we started talking about something that was on the TV. Her body language and smile indicated that she was possibly interested. The Bar tender delivered my beer and I stayed at the bar to continue my conversation with her. She reached over a couple of times why we were talking and touched my hand and arm; I'm thinking all good indications. A while later a good looking guy walks up to her and starts talking to her. She is showing no indication of a romantic vibe towards him, but a minute into their conversation she says "How rude of me let me introduce you to my husband".

I normally, would have thought bummer, but he leaned over and shook my hand and started talking to me as if we were old friends. He said they had just moved in from out of town and were fortunate in finding a great place to go to that had so many great people. He excused himself to go outside for a smoke and insisted that I continue my conversation with his wife. We were carrying for a while longer and she asked if I wanted to go outside and have a smoke with her and her husband. I told her I don't smoke but I would join them.

I spent the rest of the evening with them talking about everything from relationships to current events. The entire time she was parked right up next to me, leaning into my shoulder occasionally, while he stayed on the other side of the table. We all talked to a number of other people, some of my friends and some strangers for the rest of the night. Before I left they asked me if I wanted to go out with them sometime. I said quite possibly and I would probably see them at the same palce again.

I'm not naive and I have met a lot of friendly couples over the years when going out solo but this had a real pick up vibe about it. Were they Swingers or maybe open marriage types? Maybe just the most friendly couple I have ever met? I would never take them up if they were but I am intrigued
I get approached by couples all the time...

Old 08-15-2013, 02:17 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,494 times
I have never been approached in that manner but if I were I would be very intrigued too,

Old 08-15-2013, 02:21 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,468,063 times
Yes.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:08 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,720,749 times
They were just being friendly. "Swinger types", as you call them, get to the point fairly quickly. A threesome with an extra guy just isn't that hard to arrange. (The man often just wants to watch you with his wife, anyway).

Old 08-15-2013, 03:11 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,145 times
no, but I've had married women tell me that I'm attractive.

It's nice to hear, but it's more like a straight kick in the nuts.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:16 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,970,303 times
If you watch as many TRUE forensic/crime shows as I do, it could also be them targeting you & getting you to lower your guard & inhibitions so they can rob/kill you. If people think I'm kidding, I'm most certainly am NOT. Many murderers don't have reasons why they kill. Many do it for the thrill, etc. Don't meet up with them anywhere except for a PUBLIC place...if you even want to do that. You really have no idea what they're up to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.