Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 06:23 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,220,591 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 06:25 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
I tripped and literally fell into his lap!

I'll never forget those smiling eyes as long as I live

Old 01-04-2010, 06:27 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,904,686 times
Here on CD and he started it.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:28 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,220,591 times
ahhhhh thats nice! i met my s/o at work, it was love at first sight for me, i still remember what she was wearing, i was w my baby mama then, but when i got divorced and was suicidal lol she was there, she was my shoulder to cry on! I fell more in love w her then, because she istened to all my problms even though we had never ever talked much in 2 years of work.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:00 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Hah! I "met" my SO while we were both posting on another forum, intially. About a year later, after many e-mails and online chats, talks on the phone and random silly care packages flying back and forth long distance, he talked me into meeting him at an airport half a continent away and being his date to his brother's wedding. Never turned back. I moved to his city, we moved in together about six months later. This past fall, we bought a house and adopted a dog togther.

His impetuous invite was really the galvanizing factor, though. I thought, "Brother's wedding? Wow, that's ballsy. I've gotta take him up on it."
Were it not for that, it might have just been an online flirtation.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:05 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,584,054 times
High school, lol. And we were friends for years and I was crazy about him. He didn't like me back for a long time...

Old 01-04-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Hah! I "met" my SO while we were both posting on another forum, intially. About a year later, after many e-mails and online chats, talks on the phone and random silly care packages flying back and forth long distance, he talked me into meeting him at an airport half a continent away and being his date to his brother's wedding. Never turned back. I moved to his city, we moved in together about six months later. This past fall, we bought a house and adopted a dog togther.

His impetuous invite was really the galvanizing factor, though. I thought, "Brother's wedding? Wow, that's ballsy. I've gotta take him up on it."
Were it not for that, it might have just been an online flirtation.

So I see someone has gone before me into the great unknown.

Obviously I've been following the TabulaRasa guide book without even knowing it. Pretty much the same deal here, well except for the brother wedding but yeah we met in person at Seattle airport baggage claim September 2008 but all the same care packages across the planet, online chats, endless international phone calls, traipsing back and forth from one hemisphere to the other to visit each other and I'm currently sitting at his computer on the other side of the world from my home having just made dinner and contemplating what adventure we'll undertake this weekend.

I have to admit him saying he'd fly across the country to meet up with me (in the Serial Killer capital of the world ) AND being prepared to organize a roadtrip around The Olympics pretty much gelled it for me. It's all been too easy really. We just clicked and I'm very happy and I'm pretty sure he is too.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:26 PM

1,988 posts, read 5,386,350 times
We met through a mutual online friend. It started out as instant messages and chat rooms, then progressed to phone conversations. Eventually he flew down for an in person visit and never went back (except to get a u-haul and move his stuff down). That was 9.5 years ago.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:27 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,584,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Really?! That's so cute!

Old 01-04-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
Really?! That's so cute!
Yeah we "met" on a beowulf thread in Relationships March 2008.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships