Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 11:03 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,941,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AStalkingButler View Post
Cause that's like 90% of women.
Yeah, right. Another number you made up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 11:06 PM

543 posts, read 534,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
That's why I'm really trying to avoid this forum. If you're going to bring up heightism, you're pretty much told to stay in your lane.
I think it's best described as an unspoken, but accepted form of discrimination. Those that participate in it don't like to be reminded of it. The problem is not that someone may find a person who is taller than they attractive. It's that the one's who are rabid about it, are not given a reality check because they share that common interest.

I read something a while back that stated most women ended up being with a partner that was a certain number of inches taller on average. Something like 4" IIRC.

5,324 posts, read 6,105,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Well, then, if you're so motivated to have a girlfriend, you can start going through those rejections and go get that yes. You just admitted you can. So, do it !
Im not in the mood to go through tons of rejection in hopes of getting a yes to simply a phone number..

12,535 posts, read 15,210,990 times
BTW, of my sisters:

The one who is 5'5" married a second husband who was also 5'5".

The one who is 5'7" is married to a man who is 5'6".

The one who is 5'8" is married to a man who is 5'2". Yes, you read that right. He is 5'2".

My ex-hub was 5'9". I've had boyfriends ranging from 5'6" to 6'3". I won't lie: I was raised with a certain amount of "heightism" as my father, who was 6'1", had a thing about a man being able to look him in the eye, and tall guys earned his respect more readily than short ones, unless the guy was a military man or cop. He HATED my 5'5" ex-BIL, used to refer to him as "that short little SOB." Well, because he was. We were all glad when my sister got rid of him. He was a lot like Danny Bonaduce in personality and demeanor, only with a huge ego in place of Bonaduce's self-deprecation. Really, the only thing that truly sucks about short men is when they try to make up for their height through bluster.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:08 PM

102,226 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AStalkingButler View Post
Cause that's like 90% of women.
If it's 90% of women, how come so many short guys, MANY OF THEM SHORTER THAN YOU, are married or in LTR's? How come I've seen women flock around nearly every short (5'0 or less) guys I've known? Some of these guys don't even try to attract women (two were married), and they still have women surrounding them.

Why are you doing this to yourself? Making up all this propaganda (90% of women don't like short guys) and torturing yourself with these fictions? And these internet phenomena? Are you a masochist? Because it's starting to look like you're a glutton for self-flagellation. Go out there, and charm women. Be upbeat, be interesting or fun. If you can't manage that, get therapy.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:10 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,105,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
BTW, of my sisters:

in personality and demeanor, only with a huge ego in place of Bonaduce's self-deprecation. Really, the only thing that truly sucks about short men is when they try to make up for their height through bluster.
This is another thing that pisses me off whenever a short guy is a ahole or dbag its because hes overcomepnsating for being short or because all short guys have napoleon complexes.. maybe hes just a jerk or has "bluster" because some people are just that way wheter theyre 5 feet or 7 feet

Old 08-21-2013, 11:10 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,414,140 times
I know a lot of short guys who always get the girls. This height thing is so stupid!

Old 08-21-2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
I think it's best described as an unspoken, but accepted form of discrimination. Those that participate in it don't like to be reminded of it. The problem is not that someone may find a person who is taller than they attractive. It's that the one's who are rabid about it, are not given a reality check because they share that common interest.

I read something a while back that stated most women ended up being with a partner that was a certain number of inches taller on average. Something like 4" IIRC.
Do you believe that you are entitled to having a date ?

If so, that's why you have this attitude.

There is nothing wrong with a woman choosing not to date someone because she thinks he's too short. There's nothing wrong with a woman choosing not to date someone because he's Italian, or black, or white, or tall, or has too much arm hair, or has no beard, or wears glasses, or doesn't wear glasses, or has too high of a voice, or too low of a voice, or doesn't use enough big words, or didn't serve in the military, or is from Texas, or is from New England, or for any other reason whatsoever.

You are not entitled to be dated by any particular woman. She can choose not to date you for any reason whatsoever and she doesn't have to feel she's done anything wrong.

Just as you have the right to choose not to ask out any woman you don't want to ask out.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Im not in the mood to go through tons of rejection in hopes of getting a yes to simply a phone number..
Well, that's not my problem. And you can't blame that on your height either. You're choosing not to face rejection. That's your choice. It's no one's fault but your own, however, that you won't get a date because you refuse to try.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:20 PM

102,226 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
i know a lot of short guys who always get the girls. This height thing is so stupid!
voila!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships