Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 06:17 PM

1,755 posts, read 3,001,635 times

Advertisements

OP, I highly recommend you seek counseling or change your outlook as you only seem to focus on those who confirm you view that short men don't get dates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 07:47 PM

677 posts, read 935,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Then your first post where you said 6 foot was your minimum requirement must have been a joke, then ?

Well it certainly was my minimum & I have no shame in my game. Btw I'm 5'3.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:04 PM

677 posts, read 935,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey
I completely agree... I was just saying that men seem to think it's wrong for a woman to 'discriminate' against shorter men but it's perfectly okay for them to 'discriminate' against uglier women. I agree that one should only be with people they are attracted to and if that means taller guys then that's fine.

[quote=Davros;31086532]I agree. There shouldn't be this double standard. It should be perfectly okay for both men and women to "discriminate" as they please in dating.

This subject has been discussed on other forums & when I revealed my "tall man requirement" (it's not a option) the outrage & hostility I received from short bitter men was astounding. I was called "a shallow *****, insecure, disgusting, pathetic, had childhood issues, a snob, etc", the slew of insults were endless. Yet I couldn't get it threw their heads or either they were in denial that they discriminate as well. The woman can't be too tall, short, fat, skinny, dark, pale, with children, poor, & must be pretty, etc".

I make no apologies for my preferences what so ever. I've dated many men in my past & none of them were short, all were 6'0 or above cause I wouldn't give a short man a chance, they have no sexual appeal to me & that's that. I'm 5'3 & my husband is 6'3, that's what I wanted & that's what I got.
Case closed.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:24 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,024,941 times
[quote=SassySpice;31116779]Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey
I completely agree... I was just saying that men seem to think it's wrong for a woman to 'discriminate' against shorter men but it's perfectly okay for them to 'discriminate' against uglier women. I agree that one should only be with people they are attracted to and if that means taller guys then that's fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
I agree. There shouldn't be this double standard. It should be perfectly okay for both men and women to "discriminate" as they please in dating.

This subject has been discussed on other forums & when I revealed my "tall man requirement" (it's not a option) the outrage & hostility I received from short bitter men was astounding. I was called "a shallow *****, insecure, disgusting, pathetic, had childhood issues, a snob, etc", the slew of insults were endless. Yet I couldn't get it threw their heads or either they were in denial that they discriminate as well. The woman can't be too tall, short, fat, skinny, dark, pale, with children, poor, & must be pretty, etc".

I make no apologies for my preferences what so ever. I've dated many men in my past & none of them were short, all were 6'0 or above cause I wouldn't give a short man a chance, they have no sexual appeal to me & that's that. I'm 5'3 & my husband is 6'3, that's what I wanted & that's what I got.
Case closed.
It's how women come off when they state that they have a height requirement. I have read very few posts on here that read like they aren't attacking men who are short when they say they only date tall men. Seriously, if those posters learned how to state there preferences in a respectful way, you'd get less people calling you a snob. You'd still get some posters who think you're what's wrong with the World, but you'd be attacked less. You can make the same argument with any preference of course, but when it comes to height and weight preferences, people tend to go overboard with it.

Just so you know, I don't really worry about my height. I'm only 5'7, and I can't change how tall I am, and I know I can't please everyone, so if I were rejected by a woman who said I wasn't tall enough, I'd probably laugh, and have in the past.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:45 AM

878 posts, read 943,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AStalkingButler View Post
Some who repped me suggested I make a thread where the women here reveal how tall their significant other is.
I'm a man, but...taller than you.

Last edited by Tele-Cat; 08-25-2013 at 10:38 AM..

Old 08-25-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
I think it's best described as an unspoken, but accepted form of discrimination. Those that participate in it don't like to be reminded of it. The problem is not that someone may find a person who is taller than they attractive. It's that the one's who are rabid about it, are not given a reality check because they share that common interest.

I read something a while back that stated most women ended up being with a partner that was a certain number of inches taller on average. Something like 4" IIRC.
I'll tell you what's even MORE discriminated against than altitude-challenged is being childfree and open about it. Half the CF women on dating sites *lurve* children, so if you don't, even though they have no kids of their own, you're screwed.

StalkingButler: I've read some of your political posts. Women generally LIKE the current POTUS. When you express the hatred of the man you express elsewhere, you're not going to create warm fuzzies among most women, regardless of whether they like short men.

Your anger and bitterness even top mine, and I didn't think that was possible.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yes, random Redditors trump my direct experience of the last 29 years.

Yep. Sure. And the only way a guy will prefer an 'Amazonian woman' is if she weights 130 lbs or less...the taller she is, the slimmer she must be to make up for it. Let me know if they want a woman who is 6'1 and 180 lbs, which btw is a healthy weight for a woman that tall.

ETA: I just did a cursory reading of the thread and it seems like most guys prefer smaller/petite women.... a few mention wanting to stick their heads in tall womens boobs or just hooking up, but I don't see a lot of straight up preference for taller women...unless they're slim of course.
I'm 6'3" and I LOVE taller women. But if I only was interested in women 5'10" and up, I'd have a damned small pool to choose from.

I saw a dapper six-footer the other night at a gig, dancing up a storm, and had I not been playing a gig, I would have at least given her a band bizcard and ask her to email me if she was interested, but I don't ask out women at my gigs, it's just not in accordance with my own philosophy, which is, I'm there to do my job, not get a date. I've had barfly types hit on me and it was kinda gross. If the gal I saw had hit on me, I'd have said "please go to my personal web site and contact me through that, it's not appropriate that I have this discussion this evening, I'm here to work."

I know a lot of you won't get this, but when I'm at a gig, I have my game face on, like an athlete or other performer. Small talk eludes me, though I'm good at faking it, but often, between sets, I'll just go outside and sit on my tailgate, drink another quart of water and go take a leak. Socializing when I'm worried my #2 Tele isn't staying in tune is not an easy thing, because onstage, I'm a perfectionist.

I've dated short and tall, but overall attraction and appropriate mindset, goals and desires all trump height.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AStalkingButler View Post
No, because I'm right and she's wrong.
And you wonder why you can't get a date.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
6' and 130 lbs

Welcome - What Real Women Look Like

I doubt any guy would kick her outta bed for being too skinny.
Give that girl a chocolate malt!

Old 08-25-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Ain't that the truth... I'm solidly 6'1, bordering 6'2 at this point (hooray posture!) and when I did online dating I met up with plenty of guys who swore up and down they were 6'4 or taller but were shorter than me when they met. I really don't care (and I had an addendum at the end of my profile stating that I DON'T CARE HOW TALL A GUY IS) but the lying was irritating. I mean, did they really think they could lie and add an extra 5" to their height and nobody would be the wiser?
I'm 59. Aside from the fact I live on the other side of the continent, am I too old for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships