Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 07:58 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,212,299 times

Advertisements

This happened to my cousin. She said looking back she said it all makes sense because when she was pregnant with their first child(a boy) she wanted to name him DJ(David junior) but dude got all weirdly defensive about it. Looking back he had a child with another woman 4 years before who they named after him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 08:07 AM

128 posts, read 184,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat247 View Post
The secret child was the age of the OP's friend so they were conceived at the same time.
Yep, their birthdays are days apart.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:15 AM

1,340 posts, read 1,632,048 times
Just imagine this - two complete strangers will be eligible to partition your own biological child's property, including the house/apartment you're currently living. I think that this fact will be enough to alienate yourself from that "husband" who did it.

Both wives of Liam Gallagher, a known cheater rockstar, decided to divorce him once they found out that he conceived a child with someone else. He was a cheater throughout his whole life, but not only that the conceived child gave a new weight to his affair, it's also the financial aspect and they voiced it loudly - "the fool will ruin our own child's future".

In his most recent case, he fathered yet another child (with a New York's journalist Liza Ghorbani)

'Liam Gallagher is sued for millions by a woman who accuses him of fathering a secret love child with her' | Mail Online

This was the reason for his wife to do the same that his previous wife did - secure herself and her offspring from her husband's idiot behavior.

Last edited by nald; 08-22-2013 at 08:27 AM..

Old 08-22-2013, 08:26 AM

He supported them financially since they were kids and his wife was never able to find out. I don't know what he did when it comes to inheritance but he does have a will.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCatarre View Post
He supported them financially since they were kids and his wife was never able to find out. I don't know what he did when it comes to inheritance but he does have a will.
In many places the children will inherit your property regardless of the will you make - since many legislations disallow you from disowning your children or their descendants from inheriting property. You can bet your money that no parent wants some alien coming and claiming the share of inheritance, that is if they can bar them legally from doing so. This option was left during the institution of bastardy - and there is no written proofs that mothers accepted to have her children sharing property with an alien child. That is simply the reality. In fact, history tells different story, if anything else. Children often didn't even try to demand any share in inheritance. If they would get anything, that would be generally through secret gifts given to their mothers/someone else during their father's life.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
In many places the children will inherit your property regardless of the will you make - since many legislations disallow you from disowning your children or their descendants from inheriting property.
I think that's okay because they are still his children, marriage or not.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCatarre View Post
I think that's okay because they are still his children, marriage or not.
You may argue that the father should assume responsibility because he had sex and he should have known that children are born after sex, their child didn't get impregnated by holy spirit or by having storks bringing them mistakenly.
But my point is this - ask his wife if it's okay when an alien child comes over and claims part in their family home that they lived their whole life, the very home they planned to leave to their own biological children. My guess is that they'd gladly ban them from getting any share in it, but the legislation will leave them no choice.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:56 AM

I understand her position but still, I think it's only fair for his other kids to be compensated, otherwise they're just bastard children.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:53 AM

Apparently they will try to sort it out but my friend still doesn't speak with his father.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:33 AM

36,688 posts, read 30,992,672 times
This is not so uncommon. I have heard of several stories where adult kids find out their dad had other secret children. I found out my ex had a child about the same age as our oldest child. I found out after our marriage ended so it didn't affect me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships