Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 12:48 PM

151 posts, read 210,807 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I'm 23 and as far as I can remember, I've always been rejected by guys. They ask me out and then they always end up disappearing/stringing me along before the first date. Why do they bother asking me out then? I don't even make the first move, and I always end up being rejected.

Therefore, my track record has really affected my self-esteem. I was bullied in school so this situation isn't helping. I feel as though I'm not good enough/pretty enough (pics of my profile). I want to be someone's priority but I always end up being someone's option. Guys never seem to be genuinely interested in me.

I'm doing a dual law agree so I'm not totally dumb. I'm always as sweet as I can be because I hate hurting people/making them feel inadequate. I don't have high standards by any means because I usually am attracted to all types of guys regardless of their appearance/job. These things don't matter to me.

Yes, I'm not a social butterfly. I'm more of a mellow/sweet type of girl, but I'm quite talkative and bubbly.

I'm not desperate but I hate to show my feelings, so I always try to take things lightly.

I feel so lonely. All of my friends are paired up, and I'm here all alone.

What am I doing wrong? I need some help.

Thank you.

Last edited by NolitaAvenue; 08-24-2013 at 01:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 01:59 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,643,960 times
You or others may disagree but my suggestions:

1) don't do online dating, period.
2) let guys approach you first. The ones who are interested enough (key word: enough) will.
3) when you meet a guy, take it easy and don't get ahead of yourself. Keep dating others until you are committed.

Good luck.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:06 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,990,050 times
You're not meeting the right guys, or you are interested in the men that you shouldn't be interested in.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:10 PM

That online dating scenario was an exception. I usually don't do online dating but I wanted to give it a shot, since I don't have time to meet people outside of college. I've since deleted my account because I realized it was not working for me.

The problem is that guys never approach me. Never.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:11 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,332,620 times
I'm all out of troll meat.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I'm all out of troll meat.
Dear God, I'm not a troll. You do realize that people can have issues. I can't believe people would think I'm a troll.
I'm already feeling really bad about myself, I'm just seeking help here, just like any other person.

I don't have many friends that I can confide in, so I have to turn to strangers.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:21 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,643,960 times
Just live your life happily and make sure you get out a lot around single people. Itll happen eventually.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:28 PM

896 posts, read 1,476,100 times
Ummm, seriously. Is that really a pic of you in your album titled "me"?

Cuz I smell a troll here. That chick aint getting rejected.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
Ummm, seriously. Is that really a pic of you in your album titled "me"?

Cuz I smell a troll here. That chick aint getting rejected.
I called it "Me" just for the sake of this topic (yes that's me). I'm going to take my picture down later.
I just thought that by calling it "me" people would be honest about how I look, and if that's the reason why I'm getting rejected.

I've always been insecure regarding my appearance because as I said, I was bullied in school/at home.
I don't see what some people think I see. I've been to therapy and nothing changed.
I still despise the way I look no matter how much make up I have on. I still cry everyday wishing I was someone else.

Trust me, I wish I were trolling right now. My life would be much easier.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:34 PM

105 posts, read 283,885 times
I feel you. I'm going through this too.

I get approached by men often, and can now get up to 4 or 5 dates. But no one sticks around longer than that is willing to commit to me. I always get the "not ready for a relationship" talk or the fade. This has happened again and again and again after dating for 8 years, and like you it's taken a toll on my self esteem and I kinda have abandonment issues now.

I feel like I have a lot of nice things to offer a man. I make a great girlfriend, I'm constantly told how beautiful I am, but none are willing to take it.

All of my friends are paired off and married, but I'm chronically single. I've gotten to the point where I stop mentioning anyone I'm dating, and go to great lengths to hide the guy, because my friends and family get excited for me but inevitably I get dumped which is always humiliating.

So anyway, yeah I know how you feel and can empathize. I don't know what to say to you though. People always say it'll get better and the right person will come, but it hasn't for me in 8 years.

I will say that these 8 years I primarily meet men online since I form from home it's been the easiest way for me to date. Maybe that has something to do with it? I know 3 friends who are in LTR from online dating so I'd hoped it'd work for me, but maybe I'm just not that lucky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships