Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 11:10 AM

20 posts, read 36,972 times

Advertisements

This gets me upset and frustrating. His gf of 4 years cheated about 8-9 months ago and he took her back; it was with someone he was acquaintance with.

What makes me even more upset is my own parents are still talking to her the same way as they did before the cheating took place. They seem to be the forgiving types and like hearing every side of the story (even if the person isn't their own blood). According to them everyone can make a mistake once and learned from it.

However, I have never cheated on my bf nor any other past bfs. I've been cheated on once and dumped him the very same day I found out. I hate cheaters and don't have any tolerance for it. I really hate that girl and it has taken me all my strength in not to call her out horrible names. I don't show up anymore if she stops by. I don't want to see her. What will it take for my brother to dump her? Cheating is one of the worst way to hurt a human being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 11:13 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene89 View Post
This gets me upset and frustrating. His gf of 4 years cheated about 8-9 months ago and he took her back; it was with someone he was acquaintance with.

What makes me even more upset is my own parents are still talking to her the same way as they did before the cheating took place. They seem to be the forgiving types and like hearing every side of the story (even if the person isn't their own blood). According to them everyone can make a mistake once and learned from it.

However, I have never cheated on my bf nor any other past bfs. I've been cheated on once and dumped him the very same day I found out. I hate cheaters and don't have any tolerance for it. I really hate that girl and it has taken me all my strength in not to call her out horrible names. I don't show up anymore if she stops by. I don't want to see her. What will it take for my brother to dump her? Cheating is one of the worst way to hurt a human being.
It sucks but it's also not your decision. They've been together for four years, so she might end up being your sister-in-law and then you'll never be rid of her. My advice is to learn to live with her because if the two of them get married, they're just going to avoid you. It will be up to you to decide whether you want your brother in your life.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:15 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,302,712 times
Quote:

You're defensive because it's your brother and you feel a need to protect him, but it's his mistake to make.

It is possible that she has changed, but even if she hasn't, he has to figure it out himself.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
It sucks but it's also not your decision. They've been together for four years, so she might end up being your sister-in-law and then you'll never be rid of her. My advice is to learn to live with her because if the two of them get married, they're just going to avoid you.
Oh please I hope not. I hope they end it soon. I still can't forget what she did to him. She made him cry that day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
It will be up to you to decide whether you want your brother in your life.
Yes, I want him in my life. I want the best for him. To be happy and with someone that loves him, not a girl that opens her legs to another man.

I still can't believe my parents forgave her. If I had a child, I would never forgive his/her cheater.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:24 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Oh please I hope not. I hope they end it soon. I still can't forget what she did to him. She made him cry that day.
Yes, I want him in my life. I want the best for him. To be happy and with someone that loves him, not a girl that opens her legs to another man.

I still can't believe my parents forgave her. If I had a child, I would never forgive his/her cheater.
Your parents have been married a long time and have probably forgiven quite a lot over the years, perhaps including cheating. I get the protective sister thing, though. I do it too.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:26 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
That's sad. The woman walks all over him, and he's not man enough to leave her.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
You're defensive because it's your brother and you feel a need to protect him, but it's his mistake to make.
I know but if he would listened to me, he would moved on from this pain quickly and find another girl that is worth his love. He's wasting time on someone that doesn't deserve him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
It is possible that she has changed, but even if she hasn't, he has to figure it out himself.
Even if she never cheats again, I'll never forget what she did to him. It'll always be on my mind.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:30 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,302,712 times
Quote:
I know but if he would listened to me, he would moved on from this pain quickly and find another girl that is worth his love. He's wasting time on someone that doesn't deserve him.

Even if she never cheats again, I'll never forget what she did to him. It'll always be on my mind.
Let it go. You have too, especially if he has.

No need to dwell on something hes not.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:37 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:

I was cheated on by my ex-husband, so I understand your revulsion for it. However, I can also say from experience that making peace with it, and forgiveness, was for my own sanity, not to absolve my ex of what he did.

You holding onto what she did to your brother will hurt no one but you, and could potentially damage relations with your brother if he chooses to commit to her for a LTR/marriage. And as someone who was cheated on, I don't need anyone else holding a grudge on my behalf. That didn't and wouldn't make me feel better, especially if I'd made peace with it.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
That's sad. The woman walks all over him, and he's not man enough to leave her.
I know and it's very surprising that I'm the only one seeing this. I love my brother so much and yet I feel so powerless now. I felt strong that one day I broke his former HS bully's nose (only time I've ever hit a guy but couldn't stand my brother getting hurt).

This is something I don't know what to do. Someone is treating him like garbage and hurting him and yet he doesn't see it. So yes, in that sense I've always been protective of him. I'm older than him by 2 years and don't stand stand anyone hurting him. What I'm seeing is he still seems naive.

If it does lead towards marriage, I guess I would have no choice but to accept her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships