Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 01:44 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,745,457 times

Advertisements

"Why are Women so Anti-Fast Food?"

Heart disease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 01:51 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,867,964 times
Are we talking about dinner or just like, lunch at work? Like say if you only have half an hour for lunch, you either bring your own or risk coming back late if you go to a restaurant. Very few have the luxury of hour or more lunches. Plus the women at work here go insane for salads.

Fast food makes you fat anyway, too many calories and it's unhealthy to eat often. Remember that 30 Days episode?

Old 08-26-2013, 01:51 PM

415 posts, read 600,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Doesn't apply to me, sorry. I'm one of those freakish "health nuts" you guys are complaining about. I am not picky about the type of restaurant I go to on a date, but I'm not going to order something deep-fried or swimming in cheese just to make you think I'm not high-maintenance. Being health-conscious and picky about what kind of food you eat does not make someone high-maintenance, just like being a non-smoker doesn't make you high-maintenance. I have my reasons for eating what I eat, and since it's my body I get to choose what I put in it. I don't tell other people how to eat; you're a grown man, eat what you want.
What did I tell you? I knew there was gonna be one of those, "Doesn't apply to me" responses from a chick. I could have set my watch to it.

By the way, there are entrees at fast food joints like Subway and Taco Bell that aren't deep-fried or swimming in cheese. There are many grocery stores that have deli foods with good selection too.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:54 PM

36,655 posts, read 30,960,466 times
Can someone tell me why Mexican fast food isn't considered fast food?

Old 08-26-2013, 01:55 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,859,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post
Are we talking about dinner or just like, lunch at work? Like say if you only have half an hour for lunch, you either bring your own or risk coming back late if you go to a restaurant. Very few have the luxury of hour or more lunches. Plus the women at work here go insane for salads.

Fast food makes you fat anyway, too many calories and it's unhealthy to eat often. Remember that 30 Days episode?
Most fast food places have at least some semi-healthy options.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:56 PM

36,655 posts, read 30,960,466 times
Quote:

By the way, there are entrees at fast food joints like Subway and Taco Bell
that aren't deep-fried or swimming in cheese. There are many grocery stores that
have deli foods with good selection too.
This is very true but to most people subway and the deli at the grocery store are not dates unless maybe you are in jr. high.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:56 PM

29,765 posts, read 34,469,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGuy View Post
By the way, there are entrees at fast food joints like Subway and Taco Bell that aren't deep-fried or swimming in cheese. There are many grocery stores that have deli foods with good selection too.
Just because it's not deep fried doesn't mean it's healthy.

Look at the Taco Bell nutrition information: Taco Bell Calories and Nutrition Information

Something called the veggie cantina burrito sounds like it might be healthy, but it's got over 700 calories and 1700 mg of sodium. Same with their salads. For a splurge, I guess it's okay, but you'd really have to do your research first.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:57 PM

11,812 posts, read 12,062,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGuy View Post
What did I tell you? I knew there was gonna be one of those, "Doesn't apply to me" responses from a chick. I could have set my watch to it.
Is there a reason you're so derogatory in your response to her? Imagine that, a woman having an opinion that runs counter to the sweeping generalizations you're trying to make about all women.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:04 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,771,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Most men who call women "moochers" and think it is a man's job to "make sure they know that they won't always get there way" are low-life, ghetto-socialized, broke-ass thug wannabes with no education who haven't got two dimes to rub together anyway. FACT.

Oh, BTW, it should be "their," not "there."
Here here! Frog, you are getting more bitter and small by the day.

OT: Going to a fast food joint for a night out is lame. L. A. M. E.

I'd rather stay at home. Even when I was married, when ever we went out, we never dined inside FF places. That stuff is strictly for when you are hungry and have no time and then it is eaten in the car on the way to somewhere else!

Even with GFs, we go to places where we can sit down and enjoy ourselves like grownups, have a cocktail, linger over dinner etc. Who wants to waste time and money in a flourescent-lit hell with sticky tables, the smell of frying food and screaming toddlers? And when the meal is over, 12.5 minutes after you pick it up at the counter, is the date over?

Old 08-26-2013, 02:08 PM

52,348 posts, read 52,815,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
Well, I disagree on the quality thing, but can enjoy a McDonald's fry or hamburger once in a while.

I actually prefer to cook at home.

However, what really annoys me is this - I'll go out with my women friends, and inevitably, one of them orders a huge salad because it's "healthy" yet, with all the stuff in it, it's higher in calories than if she'd have just ordered a steak or pasta dish instead.
Yeah, tell me about it on the salads, here the resturanats have to put the calorie counts on the menu's now, so seeing some of the huge numbers sitting next to the word "salad" was rather eye opening, to say the least.

I eat salads a lot but I know what and how to order them, like you said, sometimes you'd be better off eating a cheeseburger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships