Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 11:50 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,970,811 times

Advertisements

Now, I know the title belongs in the food forum but this really is more of a relationship topic.

Just about every girl I've dated hates fast food. However, they love going out to eat at restaurants. To me, the taste/quality of food difference isn't THAT extreme. I suggest fast food, they get disguted and insulted. Then they suggest a $15 meal and think its healthier.

I don't mind spending some cash every once in a while for a meal but every time...thats just not happening. I've figured out the few ones the girl I'm dating likes and stick with those.

Is it because I usually pay for the entire bill? Do women eat fast food with their friends and whatnot but expect more with their man?

Considering I usually pay for the entire bill, I get insulted when everytime we eat out...she wants a restaurant. I can get 3-4 fast food meals for the two of us with one restaurant meal.

Now, this isn't the first...second...or even third date. I know better than that. This is for longer term dating.

Any other dudes with this issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 11:51 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,300,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Now, I know the title belongs in the food forum but this really is more of a relationship topic.

Just about every girl I've dated hates fast food. However, they love going out to eat at restaurants. To me, the taste/quality of food difference isn't THAT extreme. I suggest fast food, they get disguted and insulted. Then they suggest a $15 meal and think its healthier.

I don't mind spending some cash every once in a while for a meal but every time...thats just not happening. I've figured out the few ones the girl I'm dating likes and stick with those.

Is it because I usually pay for the entire bill? Do women eat fast food with their friends and whatnot but expect more with their man?

Considering I usually pay for the entire bill, I get insulted when everytime we eat out...she wants a restaurant. I can get 3-4 fast food meals for the two of us with one restaurant meal.

Now, this isn't the first...second...or even third date. I know better than that. This is for longer term dating.

I hate fast food, but I also go dutch on everything and prefer to make meals myself rather than eat out anywhere.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:52 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Maybe White Castle makes her fart.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:55 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,351 times
Quote:

Sorry, but the difference in taste/quality of fast food and almost any other kind of food is pretty extreme. As in, other food tastes like food, while fast food tastes like garbage.

Taking a woman out for fast food, especially if it is early in your relationship, sends the message that you are either too broke to go out or to cheap to go out. Neither is a good sign. But between the two, too cheap is probably worse. People who are stingy with money tend to be pretty selfish in other ways as well. It is a red flag.

151 posts, read 210,859 times
I hate fast food. I'd never set a foot in a fast food "restaurant" with a guy I'm dating.

Regardless of the restaurant, I'd always go dutch with guys. I would not want a guy paying for me.
I don't want to owe anything to anybody.

2,386 posts, read 3,268,787 times
Quote:

I do eat fast food but I prefer a home cooked meal. A nice dinner, pjs on, a good movie and a snuggle that's a perfect date for me

Going out to eat sometimes is nice but so is ordering in. I'm really not too bothered what we do for dinner.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:03 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Considering that macdonalds ain't goin' out of business any time soon, it's a safe bet that women eat fast food.

It could definitely be a sign of them mooching free meals off you if they absolutely refuse to eat out at a FF restaurant, unless you know that they never eat it, including rarely going out to sit-down restaurants to eat dinner.

Every woman I dated in the past ate fast food. There's nothing wrong with it, and if they throw a tantrum, pull into one anyway and order something. Make sure they know that they won't always get there way.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:12 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,149 times
Well, I disagree on the quality thing, but can enjoy a McDonald's fry or hamburger once in a while.

I actually prefer to cook at home.

However, what really annoys me is this - I'll go out with my women friends, and inevitably, one of them orders a huge salad because it's "healthy" yet, with all the stuff in it, it's higher in calories than if she'd have just ordered a steak or pasta dish instead.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:12 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,871,881 times
Nothing wrong with Taco Cabana. They serve alcohol!

Old 08-26-2013, 12:16 PM

36,513 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:

Like Julia said, FF tends to give people gas and it makes you fat. I stopped eating any FF for health reasons.

But that aside if we are going on a date, I want to go to a nicer establishment. IMO dates are suppose to be somewhat special, especially if you have been seeing each other for awhile. It doesn't have to be expensive but McD is not a "date". McD is what you pick up on the way home in a jam. If we are out and about and just need to eat, FF is ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships