Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2013, 10:36 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,985,079 times

Advertisements

Wow, wasn't expecting so many replies...lol.

Fast-food is unhealthy. However, its not that different from a sit down restaurant. Go look up the stats online. Red Robin burger or a McDonalds burger...not a huge difference. Speaking of McDonalds, not sure why everyone jumped straight to them. Plenty of other fast food chains.

The girlie likes Subway, Panda, and In-N-Out. I don't consider Panera or Chiptole fast food...they are in the middle of fast food and restaurant.

I'm a big fast food eater. I have a MASSIVE appetite. I finish my combo then eat more. And no, I'm not fat...I'm in better shape than 80-90% of people. My pic is on my profile if you don't believe me.

It really makes me mad when I go out to eat at a restaurant and I'm still hungry.

Thats something girls don't understand. Girls are all about how pretty the lights are and how good the food smells. I don't care about that stuff. I just want to eat. I'm not a food person so I really don't get how a restaurant burger is a huge leap of difference. Is the $12 burger 6 times more enjoyable than the $2 fast food burger?

For all the ladies saying fast food is gross. If your mate likes fast food, do you make him eat where you want to eat? I love Taco Bell, its one of my very few vices. Sometimes, I crave Taco Bell. The girlie hates it so we go to Subway first then Taco Bell after. I understand she doesn't like it.

She also understands I think spending $15 per person for a meal is a massive ripoff. I'm not cheap, when you eat as much as I do...eating is a chore. I don't enjoy eating much. No matter how much I eat, I get hungry 4 hours later...its disgusting. I eat entire medium pizzas, a combo meal plus another burger...an insane amount of food. I drink coffee to curb my hunger. Hell, I just ate 3 packets of oatmeal with milk just 90 minutes and I'm already hungry!

But honestly, I don't believe most of you. If so many women hate fast food...why are so many women overweight? What the hell are you eating at home that makes you so fat!? Or is it like what I've been saying, restaurants look nicer and smell cleaner but the food isn't healthier.

One thing to think about, do you remember that nice meal you had at a restaurant last month? How about 3 months ago? Now think about all the $$$ spent at your favorite spot. What else could you have done with all that money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 10:38 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,311,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post

Fast-food is unhealthy. However, its not that different from a sit down restaurant. Go look up the stats online. Red Robin burger or a McDonalds burger...not a huge difference. Speaking of McDonalds, not sure why everyone jumped straight to them. Plenty of other fast food chains.

The girlie likes Subway, Panda, and In-N-Out. I don't consider Panera or Chiptole fast food...they are in the middle of fast food and restaurant.

I'm a big fast food eater. I have a MASSIVE appetite. I finish my combo then eat more. And no, I'm not fat...I'm in better shape than 80-90% of people. My pic is on my profile if you don't believe me.

It really makes me mad when I go out to eat at a restaurant and I'm still hungry.

Thats something girls don't understand. Girls are all about how pretty the lights are and how good the food smells. I don't care about that stuff. I just want to eat. I'm not a food person so I really don't get how a restaurant burger is a huge leap of difference. Is the $12 burger 6 times more enjoyable than the $2 fast food burger?

For all the ladies saying fast food is gross. If your mate likes fast food, do you make him eat where you want to eat? I love Taco Bell, its one of my very few vices. Sometimes, I crave Taco Bell. The girlie hates it so we go to Subway first then Taco Bell after. I understand she doesn't like it.

She also understands I think spending $15 per person for a meal is a massive ripoff. I'm not cheap, when you eat as much as I do...eating is a chore. I don't enjoy eating much. No matter how much I eat, I get hungry 4 hours later...its disgusting. I eat entire medium pizzas, a combo meal plus another burger...an insane amount of food.

But honestly, I don't believe most of you. If so many women hate fast food...why are so many women overweight? What the hell are you eating at home that makes you so fat!? Or is it like what I've been saying, restaurants look nicer and smell cleaner but the food isn't healthier.
If the guy I am dating must have fast food, I will either A.) go somewhere else and get something, B.) sit there and watch him eat or C.) eat at home before going out.

I would never say he cant eat where he wants, but I don't need to take part in his food choices.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:39 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,051,140 times
Everyone has different tastes and expectations.

Regardless of healthiness of food, some people just prefer to dine at a place with a nicer ambiance than the lowest levels of fast food joints now and then. Particularly on dates.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:54 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,212,937 times
Quote:

Ok if you consider Red Robin's as a "sit down" place to take a woman out on a date, then I can see where you would not get the complaint.

I am looking at the menu I am considering for tonight. Free range organic tenderloin of beef, ratatouille, sauted kale with garlic and basil with roasted red potatoes was one of the entrees that caught my eye, for an example to illustrate what a decent "sit down" restaurant might offer.

Quote:

Thats something girls don't understand. Girls are all about how pretty the lights are and how good the food smells. I don't care about that stuff. I just want to eat.
So eat. Sure as hell does not sound like a date to me though.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:15 AM

1,484 posts, read 2,261,971 times
Blah blah blah, there's an excuse for every scenario!
Can't fix food at home early in the relationship, but taking it to a park is cheap. So that's out.
Fast food is cheap and unhealthy, not good enough.
But other chains aren't better, and too pricey.
Well I guess you're screwed! Better just not go out to eat on dates then.
There were no nice places in my hometown, so there was nothing to think about. ALL my dates were fast food, until I met my husband.

Man, so complicated. It never occured to me to make being with someone I liked such a freakin' ordeal.

Quote:
Girls are all about how pretty the lights are and how good the food smells.
LMAO! NO. I am not about "how pretty the lights are". One of the dumbest things I've ever read on this forum.
To me food is just a way to not be hungry anymore. I don't freakin' care. As long as it doesnt smell like cow shi** or ass sweat, I'll be fine.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:16 AM

2,691 posts, read 4,335,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGuy View Post

Another thing: people are unable to realize that just because it's upscale that doesn't mean the restaurant has quality food. I have a relative who has worked at high class Manhattan restaurants where the chefs did gross things like: sneezing in the food; preparing food without washing hands; cooking expired food; undercooking the food; using food, plates, or utensils that have fallen on the floor as stuff to use for customers; and other gross things. It's funny that you live in Ontario because when I lived in Toronto, there was this one nice-looking Vietnamese restaurant in North York people used to rave about (forgot the name). I always forgot to go there til one day I was taking some friends there when I found out it was closed. The reason: the health inspector shut it down after finding out they were cleaning their shrimp in the toilet!

Just because a restaurant is upscale, it can still have low quality food if the food isn't prepared properly. And because it is upscale, that doesn't mean it is automatically healthier. That fancy French restaurant in the city can have a meal just as fattening and unhealthy as a meal at McDonald's.
Fast food places have their share of health safety violations. I believe there is a recent video floating around of a Subway employee rubbing a sandwich roll down his pants on his genitals (or something like that). Also all restaurnts in NYC are graded for sanitary conditions. The grades must displayed on the front door or window. You know exactly how clean it is even before walking in. I made the mistake of ordering take out from a place with a C grade (the lowest possible before getting shut down). I found a roach in my wanton soup!

And I can't even believe people on this thread are trying to compare the health and quality of McDs to a high end establishment. Seriously, LMFAO!. Fast food makes people gassy and bloated because it is BAD FOR YOU! It never stuck anyone as strange that after chowing down on a large #4 meal you're hungry 2 hours later? Any basic research will uncover in detail how bad fast food is for you. No wonder this country has an obesity epidemic.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:17 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,212,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
If the guy I am dating must have fast food, I will either A.) go somewhere else and get something, B.) sit there and watch him eat or C.) eat at home before going out.

I would never say he cant eat where he wants, but I don't need to take part in his food choices.
Yah. This is not a "woman" issue. This is a THAT woman issue.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:20 AM

1,484 posts, read 2,261,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
Fast food makes people gassy and bloated because it is BAD FOR YOU! It never stuck anyone as strange that after chowing down on a large #4 meal you're hungry 2 hours later? Any basic research will uncover in detail how bad fast food is for you. No wonder this country has an obesity epidemic.
It is bad, and nasty. I respect people who won't go near it. I try not to, however for me - if I eat a value meal - like a normal, medium size - I won't eat for like, 6 hours or more. I'm the type of person that normally eats every 3ish hours. I eat smaller meals, all the time. But a FF meal will keep me full half a day, so I'll give it that. If I eat a burger/fry meal there is no way I'm eating 2 hours later, or even 4. But it is gross and I do try not to go near the places.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:22 AM

415 posts, read 600,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
Fast food places have their share of health safety violations. I believe there is a recent video floating around of a Subway employee rubbing a sandwich roll down his pants on his genitals (or something like that). Also all restaurnts in NYC are graded for sanitary conditions. The grades must displayed on the front door or window. You know exactly how clean it is even before walking in. I made the mistake of ordering take out from a place with a C grade (the lowest possible before getting shut down). I found a roach in my wanton soup!

And I can't even believe people on this thread are trying to compare the health and quality of McDs to a high end establishment. Seriously, LMFAO!. Fast food makes people gassy and bloated because it is BAD FOR YOU! It never stuck anyone as strange that after chowing down on a large #4 meal you're hungry 2 hours later? Any basic research will uncover in detail how bad fast food is for you. No wonder this country has an obesity epidemic.
Like I said before, it's not just about health, it's also about how it's prepared. A chef at a top Manhattan restaurant can be just as unhealthy with your food as a fry cook at McDonald's. Eating food that has been off the floor is gross no matter what restaurant sells it. And yes, salty food from a high class Manhattan restaurant can be just as bad as salty food from fast food joint in the suburbs. You're deluding yourself if you think this isn't true.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:24 AM

809 posts, read 1,275,285 times
It's just entitlement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships