Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 12:09 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,489,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Here we go. Another person tryibg2 to find excuses out of their control to blame why they can't get laid.

If the guys on here spent as much time bettering themselves as opposed to making all these threads why they can't get laid, maybe they wouldn't have these problems.

"Especially if they're tall" haha. Guarantee the OP is short.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

??? Define "bettering themselves".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 12:12 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,059,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AStalkingButler View Post
Guys who do well with women tend to be confident, but that doesn't mean it's because of their confidence. In my opinion, it's because confident guys tend to be good looking. The reason they developed their immense confidence with women is because they know women are sexually attracted to them.

But, let's say it's true that confidence in and of itself is an attractive feature. Then good looking guys automatically have a big advantage because they are perceived as confident, especially if they're tall. This makes for cyclic increase of confidence and success with women.

Be good looking ---> get validation from women ---> develop confidence as a result ---> be even more attractive because you're confident ---> get even more validation from women ----> etc.

The opposite is

Be bad looking ---> get no validation from women ---> develop low self-esteem ---> be unattractive in part because of your low self-esteem ---> get even less validation ---> etc.

Unless a man has confidence in himself, he got nothing going for him but a "pot of cold grits"

LOL

Old 08-31-2013, 12:24 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,380,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Let me guess...every one of them makes a "decent" amount of money. Probably no burger flippers in the lot.
Let me guess... you dont make "decent" money?

Let me guess... you have every excuse for that reason as well how its not "your" fault?

Get over it dude.. it's not all about looks and it's not all about money. I used to not make much money nor was anything more than average. I was still getting laid and more dates than virtually anyone I knew.. I was confident, funny, comfortable to be around, etc.

It's your personality dude, obviously with the excuses you make you lack self confidence I'm sure.

This board is getting beyond old with every dude on here that can't meet women blaming it on EVERYTHING they have no control over.

"I wasn't born tall"
"I wasnt born a model"
"I'm not rich"
"Its womens fault, what is their deal?"

People overcome ALL of these things. Instead of crying like the last 3rd grader to get picked in dodgeball, they need to accept the fact some things they can't change and work on the things you can.

Old 08-31-2013, 12:27 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,217,041 times
Quote:

Let me guess... you have every excuse for that reason as well how its not "your" fault?

Get over it dude.. it's not all about looks and it's not all about money. I used to not make much money nor was anything more than average. I was still getting laid and more dates than virtually anyone I knew.. I was confident, funny, comfortable to be around, etc.

It's your personality dude, obviously with the excuses you make you lack self confidence I'm sure.

This board is getting beyond old with every dude on here that can't meet women blaming it on EVERYTHING they have no control over.

"I wasn't born tall"
"I wasnt born a model"
"I'm not rich"

People overcome ALL of these things. Instead of crying like the last 3rd grader to get picked in dodgeball, they need to accept the fact some things they can't change and work on the things you can.

I wonder why you're attracted to these types of threads. In fact I wonder why so many people in general or attracted to these types of threads when they end up the same way. Post a positive thread and all the regs are out to lunch.

Old 08-31-2013, 12:39 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,213,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I wonder why you're attracted to these types of threads. In fact I wonder why so many people in general or attracted to these types of threads when they end up the same way. Post a positive thread and all the regs are out to lunch.
A creative writing professor once said that good writing comes from pain. So it is with threads. There is no story without a conflict, and no conflict without a story. Whiny threads appear to be man vs environment, but they are really man vs self.

Old 08-31-2013, 12:41 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,647,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Let me guess...every one of them makes a "decent" amount of money. Probably no burger flippers in the lot.
Nope. One is an asst. manager at Trader Joe's, another works as a receptionist at a hair salon and the big ginger guy works misc. farm jobs but hasn't had steady work in years.

None are rolling in money by any stretch of the imagination.

Old 08-31-2013, 12:42 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,217,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
A creative writing professor once said that good writing comes from pain. So it is with threads. There is no story without a conflict, and no conflict without a story. Whiny threads appear to be man vs environment, but they are really man vs self.
Depends on who the writer is. I can't help that the OP makes these threads just to get attention. Even if the attention is negative.

Old 08-31-2013, 12:46 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,059,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Why do you all keep replying to this guy's thread like fools?

Yes, I don't the OP is real at all

Old 08-31-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:

"I wasn't born tall"
"I wasnt born a model"
"I'm not rich"

It's more complicated than that, but the short version is that as an educated burger flipper, I experience an unbridgeable gulf of mutual attraction. I am uninterested in the women who are attracted to me - undereducated, low income often with kids - and the women to whom I am attracted (better educated) are uninterested in me. There is no app for this.

Kinda like a bad joke that was circulating in the early '90s, about how there were two kinds of jobs available, jobs you don't want and jobs you can't get.

Old 08-31-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Unless a man has confidence in himself, he got nothing going for him but a "pot of cold grits"

LOL

What basis could a burger flipper have for confidence in himself? Seems to me that such confidence would probably be based outside of reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships