Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 08:01 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times

Advertisements

Most men don't figure out what they are until their 30's. They keep changing like women.

So you can date a preppy in your teen and 20's, then find out they turned into a man. At the age of 35 a male has the highest amount of testosterone. He is also the strongest. After 35 it depleats. Just like women in their 40's with estrogen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 08:09 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
He did it by virtue of his Vinnie Barbarino character, and his role in "Grease". He got a lot of mileage out of those two roles. Back in his good hair days.
I agree he used to be cute, now he could be a double for Count Chocula on a cereal box

Old 09-02-2013, 08:35 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillaD_Rock View Post
So what do women like now I'm confused. I'm mainly talking to younger women in their early 20s. I hear them all say they prefer guys in their 20s.

But at the same time they all say they prefer rugged manly looking men over pretty boys or guys who look in between.

Famous Examples of rugged manly men by women are Jason Statham, Bruce Willis, Hugh Jackman and all the other OLDER actors in their late 30s and 40s.
But if rugged guys like this hit on them they are disgusted, find it wierd etc, because they are much older. But if they are famous age isn't an issue anymore.

Pretty boys are in general all considered the younger looking actors in their 20s like Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner etc. In between guys are Ian Somerhalder, Jensen Ackles, Jude Law, Johnny Depp etc.

What do you prefer now. Younger guys or older rugged manly men? The rugged manly look comes with age, this is why only older men are called this.
You ask this question in a way that presumes some broad unanimity among women about what kinds of men are attractive. No such unanimity exists.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:02 AM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,799 times
What kind of man do women prefer? Look no further

http://http://cdn2-www.craveonline.com/assets/uploads/2013/08/ron_burgundy.jpg

Last edited by RedZin; 09-02-2013 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: Copyright

Old 09-02-2013, 09:14 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,155 times
VillaD_Rock,

If all young women...or all women in general thought the same way and liked the same physical attributes in men, then there would be a heck of a lot more single and potentially "forever alone" men out there. Just sayin'.

Funny though, whenever I step out of the house and go to some public place, I see all kinds, shapes and sizes of men hooked up with women, including young women. Sure seems like women are pretty darn diverse in their physical preferences.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:19 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,983,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
He did it by virtue of his Vinnie Barbarino character, and his role in "Grease". He got a lot of mileage out of those two roles. Back in his good hair days.
i know ruth i was just being ridiculous. you should know by now when my ridiculous posts don't merit a response

i won't lie, i wish i could dance like john travolta. not sure i'd trade my hair for it though!

Old 09-02-2013, 09:31 AM

404 posts, read 904,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Metro Lumberjacks" I know exactly what you mean. Crazy looking facial hair combined sylish clothing is common and not just at artistic events. To each his own though.
I think what you are referring to is the workwear trend in fashion these days. There is a huge following of this fashion culture where people will buy ridiculously expensive heavy weight denim and flannels because they are extremely high quality and made in USA. Were talking $250+ for a shirt and $400+ for denim. They also wear faux vintage boots like the wolverine 1000 mile boot. This has trickled down into mainstream fashion where every brand makes flannels these days, but it's nothing like the grunge look of the 90's it's much more up scale

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4

Old 09-02-2013, 09:35 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,923,666 times
If you are not being your self then creating a false front is only going to make things worse.
Learn what //who you are ,do that first , if you don't know ,don't try to get a stranger to figure that out for you.
Living some one elses dream always leads to trouble,
If you are an out doorsman , than be one .
If your a city boy , don't try to play parts that are not truely yours . You wouldn't want her to either.
It's called honesty , try it on a while .
In the long run it works far better than deception.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:22 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,709,383 times
Women like douchebaggy cocky types......lol jk, but seriously don't be super nice it probably won't work in your favor.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:23 AM

50,768 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillaD_Rock View Post
So what do women like now I'm confused. I'm mainly talking to younger women in their early 20s. I hear them all say they prefer guys in their 20s.

But at the same time they all say they prefer rugged manly looking men over pretty boys or guys who look in between.

Famous Examples of rugged manly men by women are Jason Statham, Bruce Willis, Hugh Jackman and all the other OLDER actors in their late 30s and 40s.
But if rugged guys like this hit on them they are disgusted, find it wierd etc, because they are much older. But if they are famous age isn't an issue anymore.

Pretty boys are in general all considered the younger looking actors in their 20s like Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner etc. In between guys are Ian Somerhalder, Jensen Ackles, Jude Law, Johnny Depp etc.

What do you prefer now. Younger guys or older rugged manly men? The rugged manly look comes with age, this is why only older men are called this.
There are tons of football players and other athletes that I'd consider rugged manly men, and many are barely in their 20's. I don't see the age thing at play in the definitions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships