Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 09:59 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,922,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I've said it before, and that's there isn't someone for everyone. You, the man, has to make it happen because women sure as hell won't.
This might be so for a certain percentage of people BUT I've been working with the public for over 50 years and I can tell you that the 'combinations' of people I've seen are sometimes amazing! lol Just by observing people over the years I'd have to say that yes, there IS, pretty much 'someone for everyone', if they just know where to look. Some of the scuzziest people I have ever seen have a partner! Makes you wonder....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 10:01 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,647,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
You know, it amuses me when I see guys talking about their window closing. Just the other day, it was Atlguy, who is 43/44 and I felt like shaking him.

I feel like shaking you too. You aren't even 30 yet, and yet you are acting like you are 97.

Why are you limiting your self and your opportunities? Aren't there guys whose first marriages are in their 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s? Why should yours be different. Your issue is that you've put a timeline on when you should have a wife and kids. You also feel that if you don't achieve it by that time, your chance is gone FOREVER.

Utter BS and the worst part is that you are the one telling yourself this. It is a self-imposed limitation.

What you should focus on is getting yourself together, self esteem wise like others have recommended. I will also advice getting yourself together social-wise and job wise. I am glad you plan to get some help for your self esteem. An excellent book I recommend is Intimate Connections by David Burns. That will help you not just with your self esteem but with interacting/flirting with women. But you have to do the work. It's Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.

I also noticed that you have a lot of black/white thinking or either/or approach. You feel that if you are happy in your current situation, then you'd lose your motivation to better your life. That's silly. You can work on feeling happy with yourself, while trying to also better your situation. Why should you wait until you make more money, until you are happy?

Do you know that there are many people who make hundreds of thousands of dollars and are miserable or stressed? Don't postpone your happiness until you feel you've achieved certain things. Happiness is not a destination. It's a daily commitment.
It's also impossible to be happy if you don't love yourself.
Thanks for the advice and will check out that book. It is hard to find things to be happy about i have a dead end job and no real friends and no money to do anything. Thank god i am in college and working towards getting a real job one that i like .

Old 09-05-2013, 09:54 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,505,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How can it be a dead-end job if you were offered a promotion? And why on earth would you turn down an extra 10K a month? It means you're voluntarily living homeless, in your car. You were offered enough money to pay rent, but you turned it down. You have a tape in your head that keeps you in the LOSER file. Get help. You're in school, you can get FREE psychiatric help. It's the only way out.

The women worth hanging out with would be fine with dating an inexperienced guy. Quit beating yourself up. You're your own worst enemy.

Lucy is only 5 cents.
Attached Thumbnails
Is there someone out there for everyone? This is not a rant .-lucy01.jpg  

Old 09-05-2013, 11:17 AM

102,251 posts, read 108,166,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Thanks for the advice and will check out that book. It is hard to find things to be happy about i have a dead end job and no real friends and no money to do anything. Thank god i am in college and working towards getting a real job one that i like .
You made that choice consciously. You turned down a major chunk of change and a promotion. You gave up your whining rights when you made that deliberate choice.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:00 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,722,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
As for been happy I will be happy once I do not have a dead end job the makes me feel like a POS.
I used to think that way. I thought I would be happy when I graduated from college and went from making $12/hr to making $25/hr. WRONG!!!!!!! True happiness comes from within.

Old 09-05-2013, 08:10 PM

186 posts, read 362,727 times
Go to CherryBlossoms.com and notice how many millions of women who will do almost anything to be able to immigrate to the USA. :-) You don't have to settle at all, guys. I have a beautiful young wife, she is 23 and I am over 60.

Old 09-05-2013, 08:20 PM

102,251 posts, read 108,166,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trundle View Post
Go to CherryBlossoms.com and notice how many millions of women who will do almost anything to be able to immigrate to the USA. :-) You don't have to settle at all, guys. I have a beautiful young wife, she is 23 and I am over 60.
Aren't you the guy who said in another post that some people don't develop past the reptilian brain and its drive to reproduce? I didn't know you were speaking from personal experience....

Old 09-05-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You made that choice consciously. You turned down a major chunk of change and a promotion. You gave up your whining rights when you made that deliberate choice.
Well I just do not see how it going to help me achieve my goal. It's a dead-end jobwith no clear career path upside and will do not what to end up trapped there. I will get used to the new salary quickly, but the crappy job is there for a long time.

On top I would have to work every weekend until the day I die and only get one day off a week. Then i could not go back to college and have a job i like to do.

I will end up working 80 hours a week and never have time to meet a GF then . I am not interested in making a jackass rich and i get a a breadcrumb.

I will never work 80 hours a week for anyone but my self like if i owned a company then yea i will work 80 hours .

The job is not worth the extra 10k a year IMO. I told them NO b4 they can even finish talking or try to ask me if i wanted it.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
I used to think that way. I thought I would be happy when I graduated from college and went from making $12/hr to making $25/hr. WRONG!!!!!!! True happiness comes from within.
Well I am sure having a job I am passionate about will help some what . Also having a job the difference In Someone’s Life and has diverse job opportunities. Then there is the continuous opportunity for learning and work toward something. One last good thing is the three 12 hour shifts so I will have the time to do things. Next is when a meet a girl and we have kids i get to be there and not work 80+ hours a week and feeling like i a bad father for not being there.

If a guy tells a girl he works retail I know she thinking well he has a job at least it not going go anywhere but hey. I am so ashamed to tell people what I do for a living i dance around the question. Being the best retail worker is like winning gold at special olympics does it really matter ?

Old 09-05-2013, 10:37 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,516,738 times
someone out there for everyone?
no
if u r a jerk or slob the last thing in the world u want is another
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships