Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 10:18 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,964,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
As someone stated it depends on what it is. And the context. Is she saying ughhh my bf/husband can be so lazy sometimes or girl men can be so stupid, my bf still can't figure out how to load clothes in the washing machine. You can't take that stuff personally. Now if she said she was using me or talking about how bad in bed I was, then of course if I found out about it, she would have to go. Now as to what the OP was talking about, I think those were just guys just talking about women they don't even have. Men and women do that kind of that stuff, and you just can't take it personally. Many times when a group of people get together in any kind of forum, they will talk a bunch of crap just for the sake of talking crap.
I can understand to a point.
There is a guy on this forum that admitted to his gf seeing some of his posts on this forum.
The gf seemed to have trust issues. I would say good for her for being concerned, as this guy's posts reflected someone to be concerned about being in a relationship with. He had many posts that generalize things and was very proud of his lifestyle.

He never really ripped on one person, but his overall mentality was something a potential s/o should be concerned about.

Since then, the content in his posts have changed dramatically. It is almost like the new comments are from a different person. Generalizeation are all fun and games until you have to explain yourself to someone in that particular group. "I didnt mean YOU baby...."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 10:22 AM

213 posts, read 504,793 times
I know which forum OP is talking about:

Old 09-03-2013, 10:30 AM

31,099 posts, read 22,149,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
The bodybuilding forum is not a good representation of the general population (just like this forum isn't).
For sure. Those forums or just an extension of how a typical 17 yo think.

Some men never grow out of it as seen in many post here. Some women are no better as they will type cast another women as Easy as quick or quicker than any man does.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:22 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,744,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
I've been reading the relationship section in the male oriented bodybuilding forum and two known phrases I've seen from guys were (shockingly, some were even in their late 20's and there was a 34 year-old too):
1) ''You can't turn a sloot into a housewife'' or ''You can't wife-up a sloot''
I disagree or else i disagree with their definition of a "sloot". I prefer "bimbos" and "floozies" to "sloots".

Old 09-03-2013, 12:27 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,159,920 times
Quote:
I've been reading the relationship section in the male oriented bodybuilding forum and two known phrases I've seen from guys were (shockingly, some were even in their late 20's and there was a 34 year-old too):
1) ''You can't turn a sloot into a housewife'' or ''You can't wife-up a sloot''
2) ''Bros before sloots''

I wonder how much do they actually believe that? I would be offended if I was dating a man with that mentality. While I've only been with 1 man in my life whom I still talk to (my ex bf), I have no interest in becoming just a housewife nor reproductive machine (I'm currently paying for my classes; very much career oriented for now) and finding out that's the only reason he marry me. I'm not an object nor property to be wife-up either. i'm a person that decides if I want to be with that man or not. If I said no, then he can't do anything about it.

Secondly, if he would have his friends in first place then why is he even dating me? There should be no preferences. Wouldn't both me and his friends come in first place? I wouldn't want to be considered last. This would lead me to believe that if his friends invented a lie about me and it was absolutely false, he would believe them 100% and break up with me. I would obviously be very hurt and never want him in my life again.

I know. I shouldn't have read that but I was curious in seeing how they talk to each other. Those two phrases I would have a very hard time not getting hurt. I find it insulting. I've seen those phrases elsewhere too.
I think most men are thought by their fathers or some male figure in their life that you can't turn a hoe into a housewife. I don't know about the "bros before hoes" foolishness.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:31 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,159,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Why would you find it insulting if you're not a sloot?

They're probably not making a general comment about all women (just sloots) besides, guys in those forums are just ridiculous and not indicative of how all men talk.
^^^^^this. If you're not a promiscuous women and sleep around and carry yourself like a "sloot" then why be worried about it?

Old 09-03-2013, 12:34 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,467,741 times
its just male bravado. most guys when spoken to alone about these things will sing a completely different tune about who they are and what they feel.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:35 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,169,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I think most men are thought by their fathers or some male figure in their life that you can't turn a hoe into a housewife.
Yet I'm neither of them. While I'm the girl they're looking for in terms of very low experience, I don't want kids nor want to be staying at home all day cooking and cleaning. I like reading books and would want to travel to different historical places if I had the time. Not all low experienced women are interested in kids or being at home every day.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:38 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,309,816 times
Quote:
Yet I'm neither of them. While I'm the girl they're looking for in terms of very low experience, I don't want kids nor want to be staying at home all day cooking and cleaning. I like reading books and would want to travel to different historical places if I had the time. Not all low experienced women are interested in kids or being at home every day.
You're taking it way to literally. Its just a bs saying. If the hoe part doesn't apply to you, why are you paying attention to the statement at all?

Old 09-03-2013, 12:48 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,524,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
You're taking it way to literally. Its just a bs saying. If the hoe part doesn't apply to you, why are you paying attention to the statement at all?

This! Housewife when saying this is not to be taking literally. All they are saying is that you can't turn a good woman into a good woman. And the saying is more than likely tongue in cheek
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships