Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 11:38 PM

111 posts, read 197,006 times

Advertisements

Be the only guy in the place who looks and dresses like THAT.

She will notice, even if her SO is with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 12:55 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,749,170 times
Go out alone and dance until you find a receptive audience. Women at clubs make many decisions about guys based on how they dance.

Old 09-09-2013, 02:41 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,589,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichig View Post
what are some good ways of approaching a girl in a night club? Because of the high volume of the music is difficult to talk, what do you guys usually speak with girls in night clubs?
Talking usually gets kinda handicapped(screamy),
I dance around and read faces, If she looks at me quick and then away, I take it as a "no"
if she looks away, then back at my shoes, and then up, that's a "maybe".
Then I get gradually closer, if i get within half an armslength and she seems fine within, i'll try try touching her waist/hands, depends on the music.
Also always approach back or shoulder first, like you didn't mean to("actually looking for your friends"), frontside approach makes it seem like you give her too much attention, too early.
Once physical contact has been there for a little while I'll try kissing her, if she reciprocates, I hang around for another 10 minutes and ask her to come with me for some fresh air/smoke(I don't suggest smoke unless i taste it on her, because I don't smoke other than for the smokelot-talk outside parties.) exhcange names, and what you do, add something naughty-funnyish comment, and then ask if she wants to get out of there. The talk in the fresh air is essential, because otherwise she may feel trashy just bustin out of the dancefloor and away with a stranger.

Sometimes it works, a lot of the time it doesn't. It's easy to make mistakes, go in too early or let the chance slip, the supposed neughty/funny comment just went south and make it awkward or whatever, she might have a boyfriend but still be into dirty dancing which made it hard to read the signals. It also seems to work a lot better in bigger cities, in a closed off university campus the crowd can be kinda tough, coz too many people recognize each other to wanna screw up socially, so everyone is just keeping it down a bit...

Last edited by SwedishViking; 09-09-2013 at 02:50 AM..

Old 09-09-2013, 02:58 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,724,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichig View Post
what are some good ways of approaching a girl in a night club? Because of the high volume of the music is difficult to talk, what do you guys usually speak with girls in night clubs?
First of all, you don't "approach" girls. What you do is one step better. You put yourself in a position to have them approach you. Now, they're not going to be consciously approaching you by putting one foot in front of the other, but if they like you, they will put themselves in a position to 'be met'.

Think like the girl who likes you. She sees you and says to herself "he's cute, i would like to say hi" but she's not going to walk over to you and say hi. If you make eye contact with her and you get a "glance" and then you catch her glancing again, you need to maybe saunter over to her general area....not directly up to her because you dont want to scare her away, but if you just kind of find a way to get into her space and then, nature might take its course.

I think that you need to also portray a "vibe" that you arent lonely and looking to meet chicks....act like you're having a great time and arent in such a "hurry" to find someone to talk to. If a girl sees you across the room, you want her thinking that you're "busy" having fun...that will make you more attractive for sure.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:06 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,589,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
First of all, you don't "approach" girls. What you do is one step better. You put yourself in a position to have them approach you. Now, they're not going to be consciously approaching you by putting one foot in front of the other, but if they like you, they will put themselves in a position to 'be met'.

I think that you need to also portray a "vibe" that you arent lonely and looking to meet chicks....act like you're having a great time and arent in such a "hurry" to find someone to talk to. If a girl sees you across the room, you want her thinking that you're "busy" having fun...that will make you more attractive for sure.
The bolded part, it's a better description of what I meant with approaching with the shoulder or back. basically don't show them any more attention than they've deserved.

Old 09-09-2013, 04:07 AM

728 posts, read 1,902,896 times
It's easy. Just be ridiculously good looking (Brad Pitt) and have a LOT of money (Brad Pitt). So I guess just be Brad Pitt and you'll do fine.

Old 09-09-2013, 04:25 AM

9,086 posts, read 1,461,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
Talking usually gets kinda handicapped(screamy),
I dance around and read faces, If she looks at me quick and then away, I take it as a "no"
if she looks away, then back at my shoes, and then up, that's a "maybe".
Then I get gradually closer, if i get within half an armslength and she seems fine within, i'll try try touching her waist/hands, depends on the music.
Also always approach back or shoulder first, like you didn't mean to("actually looking for your friends"), frontside approach makes it seem like you give her too much attention, too early.
Once physical contact has been there for a little while I'll try kissing her, if she reciprocates, I hang around for another 10 minutes and ask her to come with me for some fresh air/smoke(I don't suggest smoke unless i taste it on her, because I don't smoke other than for the smokelot-talk outside parties.) exhcange names, and what you do, add something naughty-funnyish comment, and then ask if she wants to get out of there. The talk in the fresh air is essential, because otherwise she may feel trashy just bustin out of the dancefloor and away with a stranger.

Sometimes it works, a lot of the time it doesn't. It's easy to make mistakes, go in too early or let the chance slip, the supposed neughty/funny comment just went south and make it awkward or whatever, she might have a boyfriend but still be into dirty dancing which made it hard to read the signals. It also seems to work a lot better in bigger cities, in a closed off university campus the crowd can be kinda tough, coz too many people recognize each other to wanna screw up socially, so everyone is just keeping it down a bit...
I must say I would absolutely hit the roof if some random guy tried to touch my hip/waist....

Old 09-09-2013, 04:27 AM

9,086 posts, read 1,461,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
It's easy. Just be ridiculously good looking (Brad Pitt) and have a LOT of money (Brad Pitt). So I guess just be Brad Pitt and you'll do fine.
Not Brad Pitt....Antonio Banderas

Old 09-09-2013, 05:19 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,863,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconess View Post
I must say I would absolutely hit the roof if some random guy tried to touch my hip/waist....
THIS. If some dude tried to touch me like that at a club, at a bar, WHEREVER, he would get punched.

Creepster.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:10 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,981,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconess View Post
Like in you would jump high or what??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships