Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2013, 11:17 PM

816 posts, read 1,955,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Or, maybe they just don't know how to respond to the banal nonsense on their screen.
Haha. If they thought it was so "banal nonsense" then why do they keep texting me? I'm telling you, girls are so weird about texting.

By the way, I always ask questions through text (No, I don't do it excessively) to girls because they love to talk about themselves so there is not a problem on my part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 11:20 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,891,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0us88 View Post
Haha. If they thought it was so "banal nonsense" then why do they keep texting me? I'm telling you, girls are so weird about texting.

By the way, I always ask questions to girls because they love to talk about themselves so there is never problem on my part.
Maybe you should try to get to know some women.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Maybe you should try to get to know some women.
That I need to understand that they're a bad texter? I can't seem to find one that is a good texter. The last one weeks ago that I made an excuse to not date her (She wanted to date me so bad) was a great texter, we texted for like two months. That's too bad.

Old 09-14-2013, 07:14 AM

1,355 posts, read 2,558,405 times
Quote:
That I need to understand that they're a bad texter? I can't seem to find one that is a good texter. The last one weeks ago that I made an excuse to not date her (She wanted to date me so bad) was a great texter, we texted for like two months. That's too bad.
Dude, seriously, you should do a youtube clip. There are plenty of guys like me that are always looking to improve their texting.

It's crazy, you think you send a funny thread and it's crickets for hours, through in a "???" and maybe get a reply sometime. Yep, women (younger) are weird about texting and it's almost like you have to accept texting on their terms, flakey and all. So would be good for guys to learn a few techniques to keep the conversation going, or maybe even just understand.

Like I said, sometimes the conversation just drops off and you are left wondering WTF happened, did i say something later? what ever happened to "ttyl" or "brb"???

Old 09-14-2013, 01:44 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,512,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Have any other guys gotten sick of girls telling them they're "bad texters?" I understand we have busy lives and whatnot but it doesn't take but 1 minute to say "hey I'm busy ttyl" instead you'll hear NOTHING at all. It's like one minute she takes .2 seconds to respond to your texts for hours, then BAM! Nothing, even though iMessage says she read your message. Ladies we don't need to keep you in check knowing brushing your doing but if you get busy let us know, don't just leave us hanging.

Sometimes it worse than that, sometimes girls take hours to reply to a simple "hey what's up" the reply of kts not the one worded "hey" is usually "sorry I'm a bad texter" BS you're not a bad texter, you're just texting 64 other dudes. These same girls who claim to be such "bad texters" CONSTANTLY have their phones in their hand when you do go on a date with them.

Ladies you need to stop that crap, it's just rude.

One of my major red flags with women is a bad texter.
Usually if my fiancée doesn't text me back right away, I already assume she is busy--which often is. But then, I don't always text her back right away myself. sheesh.

We're patient, understanding people who are secure in our relationship. Unlike you.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:49 PM

16,391 posts, read 31,070,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Usually if my fiancée doesn't text me back right away, I already assume she is busy--which often is. But then, I don't always text her back right away myself. sheesh.

We're patient, understanding people who are secure in our relationship. Unlike you.

I would hope you're not trying to judge how much attraction someone has to you when they're your FIANCE.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:51 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,357,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I would hope you're not trying to judge how much attraction someone has to you when they're your FIANCE.
Lol. For real. Everyone is wondering what their new interest is thinking about them. If you've been out of the game for awhile, you'd probably forget that feeling.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:41 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,194,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
you're probably right, but why should she waste her time as well as mine giving me her number, and then either giving one word replies 45 minutes after I text her for 4-6 days. I wont text a girl EVERYDAY unless she texts me first. I try to text every 2-3 days to make it seem like I am busy even if I'm not, this is also so I dont appear to be thristy

Usually after 3 texts, I get the hint that its going nowhere and will just write a girl out of my life if she's gonna be that way. I dont play these games and Ive gotten sick and tired of it, which is why I posted this thread
because she wants to keep you around in case she gets lonely and/or desperate. or she wants to use you as an emotional tampon. man up, show some self respect, and don't bother trying to talk to girls that do that. then you will have women all over you

Old 09-17-2013, 12:50 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,740,847 times
Quote:

By the way, I always ask questions through text (No, I don't do it excessively) to girls because they love to talk about themselves so there is not a problem on my part.
They're texting you because they're bored. Then, when something/someone more interesting comes along they ignore you until they get bored again...either that or the other people they're talking to aren't responding.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
They're texting you because they're bored. Then, when something/someone more interesting comes along they ignore you until they get bored again...either that or the other people they're talking to aren't responding.
If that is the only one reason that you can think of then you are sadly mistaken.

Women text if they want something, not because of being bored. They want to play games and so that's why I'm there so I can find what they want, if you know what I mean.

One incident, this one girl I haven't seen in two months, but we text every now and then. I texted her while I was in her city during spring break two years ago, I texted her "Hey, I'm in town, you wanted go eat somewhere tomorrow for lunch?". She said, "Yes! Let me ask my boss to see if I can get off work and I will let you know tonight!", no responses until three days later, she said "OMG, I'm so sorry, I got so busy. I feel so bad right now". Of course, I don't believe her BS. I KNOW she always on her phone. Yes, that is a rejection, but I just wanted to have lunch with her to see how she is doing. Then she will text often saying, "We don't text much anymore" and also, "I miss you, my mom always ask about you". Holy batman.... I'm like, you b****, you just ignored me while I was in town for the week and was done with her! She blames it all on me. I haven't talked to her in almost a year, her fault. Won't be texting first. She is a very sweet girl, but she is absolutely inconsiderate just like most girls would be. They would blame it all on me for not texting them when I usually text them every other times. I guess they expect guys to text first every freaking time.

As I said earlier, girls are very weird when it comes to texting.

By the way, I haven't text ladies much lately. I just wait for them to text me first every time, it works. It bothers them that I don't text them much, it's great to have a control over it on them. Heck yeah!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships