Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 07:40 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,104,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Nagging is what you get when you don't do what you said you would do, when asked. Do it, and the nagging becomes unnecessary. Really quite simple.
Pretty much this. We had a nice, small deck. We decided to rebuild it and add on because the deck boards were in such poor shape. This project started around Memorial Day...actually just before that if I'm not mistaken.

I gave him a LONG deadline, knowing that he doesn't have the time for a project like this. Labor Day came and went, and I still have a half-finished deck. Our dog fell through one of several holes that is left because the project is unfinished. It's a safety hazzard at this point...the railings are off so it's completely unusable.

I gave him an extension on the deck because it was a rainy summer and he just could not get out there to get it done. If it's not done by Columbus Day I already know who I'm calling to complete the project.

I fully anticipate that someone else will be finishing this project and at this point, I don't give a shyt if it hurts his male ego to have another man come in and finish his project.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 07:40 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,846,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Gentlemen, if you don't like to be nagged, carry your share of the workload without being asked. Finish what you start.

And, sorry, but no matter how much you complain about it, it is always going to be the man's job to take the garbage out and put the toilet seat down. That's just the way the world works and you aren't going to change it. So just do it without being constantly reminded.

Husbands can be worse nags than wives. They nag about her weight, about her housekeeping. They want her to cook like their mother, complain when their suit isn't back from the cleaners, and take it out on their wife when they had a bad day at work.

Nagging is not a gender specific behavior.
Is it? And I suppose a wife getting the dinner ready for her hubby every evening is her job too and she should just deal with it? Sounds like a pretty fair deal to me, then.

I agree, nagging isn't gender-specific, but men in general just seem to let things slide a bit easier...my dad could be a bit of a nag to me too.

Old 09-14-2013, 07:41 AM

213 posts, read 377,505 times
I'm not a nag but my husband is.

Old 09-14-2013, 07:42 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,170,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
If you're being nagged, you're with the wrong person. Unless, of course, everyone nags you, in which case you are the wrong person.
True. I don't know if it's just me but if I had to nag a man for everything then there would be no point in the relationship. I don't like begging. I like it when it comes from him. I do the feeling men aren't that absentminded, they know well what it's expected and if they seem lost, it's because they're playing dumb.

Old 09-14-2013, 07:43 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,951,296 times
Quote:
If you're being nagged, you're with the wrong person. Unless, of course, everyone nags you, in which case you are the wrong person.
Hahaha......one time I had a dream I was eating a marshmallow and when I woke up my pillow was gone.

Old 09-14-2013, 07:46 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,611,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Hahaha......one time I had a dream I was eating a marshmallow and when I woke up my pillow was gone.
Huh?

Old 09-14-2013, 07:51 AM

29 posts, read 34,150 times
Well when she asks you to take out the garbage do you get up and take it out? do you wait until she has to ask you several times and then tell her to stop nagging you. When she is talking about her stresses in life (the car is making a knocking noise, the kids are not listening to her would you take them outside?, could you help her make dinner, did you mow the lawn etc.) are you trying to help her resolve the issues to make her happy or tuning her out because she is nagging you. It is all about communication with woman. they will stop nagging when you just make them happy by getting their needs met. Don't promise "I will get to it tomorrow'" and then don't do it. Be reliable, be honest, don't procrastinate. Go grocery shopping without her having to ask you to do it. Take the kids out to park and dinner so she can have a bath alone. Cook dinner for her now and again, straighten the house before she gets home. Watch the kids or animals so she can go out with friends. Its not nagging, it is frustrating when you have to ask someone to do something 4 times and nothing is getting done and you end up doing it yourself (very stressful). In Women's minds it is, he doesn't care because he is not listening to my needs and wants. P.S less stress, more sex.. women sex is in the mind first if she is stressed and nagging.. you will not be getting any.., just saying.

Old 09-14-2013, 07:57 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,836,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
It seems that in a lot of relationships, the woman plays the role of the mother, or the big sister, and constantly acts like she's more mature, and often nags her husband/boyfriend/partner, sometimes treating him like a big kid/boy. Countless sitcoms/folk tales/stereotypes from various cultures seem to back this up.
You do realize that in most sitcoms, the men are made to look like powerless fools, right? And if it's a sitcom or movie directed at kids, then the kids are the wise and cool and much more savvy than their parents? Right? Sitcoms are tailor made to cause people to disrespect each other and that's why I refuse to watch them and severely limited TV for my kids--because it's mind control whether you realize it or not.

And no, when I was married I did not nag. If I wanted something done badly enough, I did it myself. He didn't nag either but he could be passive-aggressive. Like some evenings he'd come home from work and if I had left some piece of housework undone like sweeping the floor, he's start right in with an attitude and then go tell all the gals at work that I got mad when he did housework and they'd tell him to tell me that I was crazy. Very much enjoying the single life these days.

Note: I always took out the garbage but I was a SAHM.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:08 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,951,296 times
Quote:
Huh?
I matched your statement to a stupid joke.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:20 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,353,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
not really, ive been with plenty of girls that want and enjoy this lifestyle
not wanting to be treated like **** doesn't equal "traditional roles"
just as there is a difference of setting expectations and not following through on them leaving you open to being called out (nagged) on them vs saying something and actually following them through.

there is a huge difference between "expecting something" and "setting expectations"
Yeah....you missed the point
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships