Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 02:31 AM

106 posts, read 171,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Another thread blaming the woman for the man's behaviour.
Please. Stop it.

You are always extremely defensive about anything a man says regarding women. I didn't blame or generalize all women. I made it clear that this is some things I personally observed about some women.

How are guys ever supposed to discuss things about women if every time they are attacked by people like you who just accuse everyone of bashing? I think it's a legitimate question, and it wasn't expressed in an offensive, rude, or condescending manner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 10:09 AM

589 posts, read 639,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyCburn View Post
Please. Stop it.

You are always extremely defensive about anything a man says regarding women. I didn't blame or generalize all women. I made it clear that this is some things I personally observed about some women.

How are guys ever supposed to discuss things about women if every time they are attacked by people like you who just accuse everyone of bashing? I think it's a legitimate question, and it wasn't expressed in an offensive, rude, or condescending manner.

Report her then. I agree with you. She's out of line.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:32 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
I often hear women discuss their ideas of creepy, boorish, overly aggressive, or sexist behavior.

But what I see in reality is that the "offensiveness" of the behavior depends on whether they are attracted to, or are interested in a guy.

If a guy is unappealing, nothing he does when approaching some women will seem appropriate. No matter what he says or does, there will be some criticism of his words, actions, or intentions. But when a guy who she likes do the same exact thing, it's seen as bold, creative, and taking charge.

Of course this doesn't apply to all women, but it's something I have seen quite often.
There is a difference in sexist behavior and perceiving someone as creepy, boorish or aggressive.

It is human nature to be more accepting of behavior when you are attracted to that person. Men are no different in the way they treat women. Society in general will accept the behaviors/actions of beautiful, fit, rich, or powerful people while condemning those exact same behaviors/actions of ugly, fat, poor and insignificant people.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:35 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,950 times
Its all about "Feelings, nothing more than feelings..."

Old 09-18-2013, 01:24 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's probably proportional to the amount of crappy, crazy, or high-maintenance behavior a dude will put up with when it's from a woman he thinks is hot, when he wouldn't give a plainer, down-to-earth girl a second look.
I guess I'm an anomaly. I've dealt with enough rude people in my life that I'd rather be with someone who is down to earth.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:38 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
Quote:
I often hear women discuss their ideas of creepy, boorish, overly aggressive, or sexist behavior.

But what I see in reality is that the "offensiveness" of the behavior depends on whether they are attracted to, or are interested in a guy.

If a guy is unappealing, nothing he does when approaching some women will seem appropriate. No matter what he says or does, there will be some criticism of his words, actions, or intentions. But when a guy who she likes do the same exact thing, it's seen as bold, creative, and taking charge.

Of course this doesn't apply to all women, but it's something I have seen quite often.
NEWSFLASH-

Women are quite capable of deciding what they find sexist and what they don't, without having to explain themselves to anyone.

For example, I find a thread that states "how consistent are women" to be highly sexist as it lumps us all in as one ginormous emotionally retarded bunch of simpletons who cannot even decide who they want to date or not, in case they offend some self-proclaimed "nice guy".

We don't owe you an explanation or a justification for who we choose to date.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:46 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Just curious, do you go in an slam threads about "men" in general as well? I agree they have limited value, if any, but they are rather common in forums like this.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:02 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Just curious, do you go in an slam threads about "men" in general as well? I agree they have limited value, if any, but they are rather common in forums like this.
If you are talking to me -

What threads that "slam" men? Point me to one?

Old 09-18-2013, 02:07 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
There are far more threads putting women down than there are putting men down. Over the many years I have been on this forum there has been a consistent stream of guys who either don't like women or don't understand them. The anti male threads are indeed few and far between.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:36 PM

106 posts, read 171,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
NEWSFLASH-

Women are quite capable of deciding what they find sexist and what they don't, without having to explain themselves to anyone.

For example, I find a thread that states "how consistent are women" to be highly sexist as it lumps us all in as one ginormous emotionally retarded bunch of simpletons who cannot even decide who they want to date or not, in case they offend some self-proclaimed "nice guy".

We don't owe you an explanation or a justification for who we choose to date.

You should calm down a bit.

I didn't put down or generalize women. I clearly stated in the original post that all women don't behave this way, but I have observed it.

If you have never seen this, fine. This thread isn't directed at you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships