Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 03:49 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,781,695 times

Advertisements

I was friends with my ex, but the minute he got married, we both knew that having any relationship, of any nature, would be inappropriate.

Although your situation is different, the sentiment is the same: married men are off limits as close friends. The same is true, vice versa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 03:51 PM

896 posts, read 1,177,832 times
Its just a matter of time before you two get drunk and start something. The wife is absolutely right to react as she is doing. If he really is your friend, do the right thing and back off. Find a new drinking buddy.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:51 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,448,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
We only go to the place across the street where we work. It's only for about an hour to unwind and chill. He was going alone before and it was never a problem. Sometimes other co workers meet us too. And I did invite her and ask her if she wanted to come for a beer with us sometime after work? She said "no I have other things to do" in a really snotty way. I do respect their marriage, though it's hard because of how she can be. I have tried very hard to be nice to her and include her.
Sounds like he has had other friends who are females and his wife is well aware of it. It's NONE of your business to try hard to include her. YOU are the outsider and that's where you need to stay. Get out of this marriage and find a single man if your own to chill with. I promise you, this husband isn't thinking you are just a friend. He is thinking it won't be long before he will have you in bed.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:52 PM

393 posts, read 466,745 times
Be friends with who you want to be friends with. If the wife doesn't like it, let her get a divorce.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:53 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi64 View Post
Be friends with who you want to be friends with. If the wife doesn't like it, let her get a divorce.
Well it wouldn't be CD if at least one person didn't post something ridiculous

Old 10-01-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Well it wouldn't be CD if at least one person didn't post something ridiculous
How is that ridiculous? Why is she required to make life wonderful for this man's wife? If that's not a spoiled rotten entitlement mentality, I don't know what is.

Old 10-01-2013, 04:05 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,141,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi64 View Post
Oh yer kidding me. They are hanging out drinking together frequently and to make matters worse he invites his friend over who then has words with the wife. And you think the wife is out of line????

Old 10-01-2013, 04:07 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,985,374 times
Quote:
She told me I need to "get a life and stop hanging around with married men". Was this comment out of line? I simply told her he was like a brother to me and she doesn't need to be worried about me and she laughed at me and said "I'm not worried about you".
what a terrible sounding evening for all parties involved. i can't for the life of me figure out what this guy was thinking setting this event up

then again the uphill lengths some guys will go to try to hook themselves with a threesome is amazing

Quote:
He even told me he wasn't attracted to me sexually.
the fact you're talking about sexual feelings for each other at all is a huge red flag

when something's truly harmless this doesn't even get mentioned

Old 10-01-2013, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Oh yer kidding me. They are hanging out drinking together frequently and to make matters worse he invites his friend over who then has words with the wife. And you think the wife is out of line????
I think she can do what she wants. Just because someone is angry with you, even with reason, doesn't mean you're required on your part to accede to their point of view. If you dump someone and their enraged, are you required to get back with them?

Old 10-01-2013, 04:08 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,432,759 times
Sounds like you are just being selfish, insisting on trespassing into someone else's relationship. As advised earlier, his wife's insecurities or other shortcomings are not your concern and should never have been shared with you if either of you respected her feelings in her absence. If you are as wonderful and attractive as you and hubby seem to agree, then you have no reason to settle for someone else's belongings and should be out at a bar sharing all your fabulousness with some equally narcissistic bloke who will eventually show you how you'd feel if you were the wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships