Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2017, 11:36 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times

Advertisements

I surely did read much of this thread but the person in their 20's posted and I say Oh Brother.

I know a man, who is now about 83 or so and NEVER married, never had children and is so totally SELFISH in every part of his life. He cared for no one else and his social graces sure show it. He plays in one of my bridge groups as the host wanted another man in the group...I have a hard time stomaching this person....

I had to ask him to bring "stuff to share" with the group for our once a month gatherings. Everyone brought something but him....

This man has a debileating disease now and hires help around clock. Spending all his money on something now to employ people. Charity, I'd bet he never gave a penny. And he had a high paying profession.

Just saying, marriage is not vital, but give to others.

Old 06-11-2017, 12:16 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I surely did read much of this thread but the person in their 20's posted and I say Oh Brother.

I know a man, who is now about 83 or so and NEVER married, never had children and is so totally SELFISH in every part of his life. He cared for no one else and his social graces sure show it. He plays in one of my bridge groups as the host wanted another man in the group...I have a hard time stomaching this person....

I had to ask him to bring "stuff to share" with the group for our once a month gatherings. Everyone brought something but him....

This man has a debileating disease now and hires help around clock. Spending all his money on something now to employ people. Charity, I'd bet he never gave a penny. And he had a high paying profession.

Just saying, marriage is not vital, but give to others.
Good example of what can happen if you only care about yourself. Thats certainly not my problem, but I no longer give many the benefit of the doubt after being sh*t on so much. I did do a good deed last week when I saw a man begging for money. I usually ignore them because I think they're all alcoholics or drug abusers, but this man was different. He was in his 70's and said he was trying to save his house from foreclosure for he and his wife. I had initially walked by and not paid attention, but then I went to my car and grabbed all my change (I only had $1 in my wallet). I listened to his story and gave him $5. I wish I'd had more with me at the time. Maybe I was a sucker, but who cares. I felt good about it.

I'm not a philanthropist, but I have volunteered. I was a big brother after my ex-wife left me. I've also volunteered for pet charities. At least animals appreciate me and my time.

Old 06-11-2017, 04:24 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,755 times
well it's simple as a guy, don't take action you won't get anything

Old 06-11-2017, 04:29 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Are you a fan of Mogwai the gremlin or Mogwai the band ?

Old 06-11-2017, 09:36 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,107,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Best option for a carefree life in my view. I am far from the selfish monster from the bridge group someone described a few posts ago, but I'm VERY protective of my time and space. If I grant you some of either, best believe you earned it.

Old 06-14-2017, 09:23 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Same here, though I try not to objectify women with number ratings, but most are unattractive to me in this God forsaken city.

Ditto. I've only lived in 4 cities, but this is the worst by far.

Giving my opinion isn't speaking for everyone. I'm stating my opinion. Its a free country.
There's probably a lot of decent women, they aren't single though. Oklahoma is a male dominated industry state with a lot of energy companies and so on, much like my area. My area is flooded with men working in male dominated fields.

A state that would be the opposite of Oklahoma or my area is a state like NC. Where the largest employers are universities and their hospitals, Merril Lynch, Allstate, Time Warner, banks, these are the types of organizations where women work and where women are migrating to.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 06-14-2017 at 09:36 AM..

Old 06-14-2017, 10:00 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Same here, though I try not to objectify women with number ratings, but most are unattractive to me in this God forsaken city.

Yeah ... but .... beauty isn't everything. Don't come to LA. Lots of pretty airheads and superficial creatures who are very self centered. They throw you away the first time you bring up an issue.

I rather date a not so hot person.

Old 06-14-2017, 10:46 AM

35 posts, read 20,127 times
Get a dog, if you take care of it and love it, it will always be by your side. My dog would go to hell with me if that's where I was going, I don't need people.

Old 06-14-2017, 10:58 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Yeah ... but .... beauty isn't everything. Don't come to LA. Lots of pretty airheads and superficial creatures who are very self centered. They throw you away the first time you bring up an issue.

I rather date a not so hot person.
I always figured CA had a lot of gold diggers to me that's the #1 worst type of woman and I use that term fairly liberally, not just for women that go after millionaires. There's different levels.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:08 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I always figured CA had a lot of gold diggers to me that's the #1 worst type of woman and I use that term fairly liberally, not just for women that go after millionaires. There's different levels.
I didn't even mean that, I personally don't know of any gold diggers and I don't have rich friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships