Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 10:42 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times

Advertisements

I think free will vs. determinism makes a good subject for post-date debates via text. The format keeps ppl succinct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 12:24 AM

1,355 posts, read 2,546,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1234 View Post
And men, what is your take on having a girl send the first post-date text?
i have no rule other then trying to figure out how to carry or improve the vibe and emotional connection and energy forward until we meet again. otherwise you have to start cold again.

also, i'm a believer in not spending too much time thinking about on these incremental steps and it's better to have a "i'm not phased or have any hard rules, just want to talk to you when i want to talk to you" confident approach. i just tend to think that women can easilyread that rules-by-the-book approach and it can be a turnoff. but avoid too much attention (like good morning and good night every day) or being clingy, which takes some practice if you don't know her texting patterns. and i've had several super great dates go cold after my texting or good text relationships blow up, but i've improved significantly so i'm good with how things are going now.

interestingly, i think (and this is just my opinion of course) you do have to have a good text game (can't find another better word for it but whatever). because my experience has been you cant be a "taker", like always asking interview type questions, and cant be too much of an information type texter because you are boring. my suggestion is to learn how to be interesting, entertaining, and generate emotions from her where you she looks forward to reading and return your text messages. if you don't get your text messages returned within say 24hrs, you doing something wrong or don't have enough emotional connection, at least in my opinion, unless there is some other reason, like she lost her cell.

look at it this way, women return the texts of ppl who are important to her or she wants to talk to and stay conneccted with. you have to break into and get on that frequent contact list, like becoming her boyfriend.

Old 10-19-2013, 05:45 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
i have no rule other then trying to figure out how to carry or improve the vibe and emotional connection and energy forward until we meet again. otherwise you have to start cold again.

also, i'm a believer in not spending too much time thinking about on these incremental steps and it's better to have a "i'm not phased or have any hard rules, just want to talk to you when i want to talk to you" confident approach. i just tend to think that women can easilyread that rules-by-the-book approach and it can be a turnoff. but avoid too much attention (like good morning and good night every day) or being clingy, which takes some practice if you don't know her texting patterns. and i've had several super great dates go cold after my texting or good text relationships blow up, but i've improved significantly so i'm good with how things are going now.

interestingly, i think (and this is just my opinion of course) you do have to have a good text game (can't find another better word for it but whatever). because my experience has been you cant be a "taker", like always asking interview type questions, and cant be too much of an information type texter because you are boring. my suggestion is to learn how to be interesting, entertaining, and generate emotions from her where you she looks forward to reading and return your text messages. if you don't get your text messages returned within say 24hrs, you doing something wrong or don't have enough emotional connection, at least in my opinion, unless there is some other reason, like she lost her cell.

look at it this way, women return the texts of ppl who are important to her or she wants to talk to and stay conneccted with. you have to break into and get on that frequent contact list, like becoming her boyfriend.

The whole post here is pretty sound advice, but really it's nothing new. Texting is no different than a conversation, some people can be good conversationalists and some people can be bad. People who aren't very good will have a harder time dating.

In regards to the bolded, in all my experience with meeting new women.. I have never had dates go any further than maybe 1 or two times out with someone who makes me wait a long time for texts. I stopped bothering with those kind of people a long time ago.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:23 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
Do ya'll ever actually CALL your dates??? ...so much communication is lost with just texting.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:52 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Do ya'll ever actually CALL your dates??? ...so much communication is lost with just texting.

Nope, I do not. I either text or see them in person

Very few people get the rights to call me on my phone, that's reserved to my mom and brother

Old 10-19-2013, 12:54 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I expect a text the same day from the girl, I almost ALWAYS receive one.
This

Old 10-19-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
you must be an old timer. so i'm suddenly single again (divorced bachelor) and have pretty much been out of the dating scene for about 10 years. almost just when texting started become big and, yeah, the question of that day was "how long before you call her after you met...3day rule kind of stuff". these days, at least with younger women, texting is just the norm. no kidding. recently, however, i noticed the "rule" is she initiates voice talk, not the dude. and honestly it's been a pleasant surprise to get that from some of these cuties.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I expect a text the same day from the girl, I almost ALWAYS receive one.

okay, now i know you are either blowing smoke or not texting hot chicks. and i know guys with great text game and have hot friends too that i've talk to about this. not everyone gets that level of responsiveness (family, bffs, and bfs only), everyone else is optional, and especially non-bf's

Old 10-19-2013, 01:56 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,291,736 times
Quote:
Ladies and gentlemen. What is your take on the post-date text? Whether it be the night of the date, or the next day?

From a female's perspective, if I had a date that went well I like to hear from the guy sooner rather than later. But from what I understand there are people out there that still believe that waiting a couple days as to not appear overeager is the best approach?? What the heck?

very hard for us guys how to handle it right

text the girl three hours after the date and we might be seen as clingy - too eager

leave it near a week and were inconsiderate

Old 10-19-2013, 04:07 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Ladies and gentlemen. What is your take on the post-date text? Whether it be the night of the date, or the next day?

From a female's perspective, if I had a date that went well I like to hear from the guy sooner rather than later. But from what I understand there are people out there that still believe that waiting a couple days as to not appear overeager is the best approach?? What the heck?

That would be a non-issue for me. If I were to date someone new, I would make it clear that I don't like to text, period. If I had a great time on a date, he'll know it by my conversation. It has been my experience that he'll then call a couple of days later if he wants to go out again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships