Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 02:13 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,257,710 times

Advertisements

when shes buying feminine hygeine products at the supermarket.... not the best of times to introduce yourself

one of the funniest scenarios i've seen, was after a rock concert,,,, hundreds of people were out in the woods ..peeing...one guy was walking around with a flash-light and a roll of toilet paper..
"hello, my name is jimmy, any lady need some toilet paper"??
and some women would scream at him,,saying get out of here,,,but a few said-hey jimmy,,,come over here,,i need some,,,and then he'd ask for their phone number...

i dont think he was quite right,,,but it was comical..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 05:02 AM

11,398 posts, read 24,475,814 times
I still believe you guys are clueless. Forget all of this "Approach" crap. You can SPEAK to a woman almost any time you can speak to any other person. Your idea that approaching a woman is somehow part of getting a date will more or less ensure an instant rejection.

Women like to feel comfortable, which is the exact opposite of feeling like they are being hunted or targeted for immediate brownie points.

Take lessons on improving your conversation skills. Women will more friendly and easier to get to know if you actually talk to them.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:16 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,436,146 times
For once a woman in these kind of threads talks abit of sense. The most successful guys with the ladies, make a habit of talking to women regularly and pretty much anytime, anywhere. With a few exceptions.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:31 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,257,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I still believe you guys are clueless. Forget all of this "Approach" crap. You can SPEAK to a woman almost any time you can speak to any other person. Your idea that approaching a woman is somehow part of getting a date will more or less ensure an instant rejection.

Women like to feel comfortable, which is the exact opposite of feeling like they are being hunted or targeted for immediate brownie points.

Take lessons on improving your conversation skills. Women will more friendly and easier to get to know if you actually talk to them.

good post ellie....

Old 10-25-2013, 05:38 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,296,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Not every woman is hot, most are just average or below average. If your not good looking dont approach average looking or below average women, you might be scolded as a creep!
Who's average are you basing your post on? Your average? My average? My husband's average?
Maybe you should consider the average according to the guy at the mechanic shop.
Everyone's attractive is different from others so this is not a statement that can be set in stone as to which "level of attractive" one person is when compared to another.

Original poster: Using your logic the best time for you to approach a woman is probably never.
If you have to over analyze and dramatize a simple approach and greeting you are not mature enough to even write about it let alone think about it, ask about it on a public forum or (gasp) try it in real life.

Men and women can be approached at any given moment, the reaction to said approach is what counts.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:48 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,155,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetTroll View Post
So this is something I've thought about and other people might have too.

At what point is it creepy to hit on a woman? What situations are appropriate?

I've always felt that any situation where she is "trapped"' and has to talk to you is bad (ie a plane seat, in a car, an elevator etc.) if its not really obvious that you're hitting it off. I'd also say that anytime she is busy working on something serious like filling out papers at the post office or walking somewhere briskly are bad too.

Obviously dark alleys and places like that would be on the creepy list.

What are some other ones you can think of?
If she thinks you're attractive, it doesn't matter where you hit on her.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:17 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,016,353 times
When they are working. Especially someone working at a tip dependent job as their livelihood in part is dependent on being nice to customers. Good boundaries are good to have.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:46 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,486,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetTroll View Post
So this is something I've thought about and other people might have too.

At what point is it creepy to hit on a woman? What situations are appropriate?

I've always felt that any situation where she is "trapped"' and has to talk to you is bad (ie a plane seat, in a car, an elevator etc.) if its not really obvious that you're hitting it off. I'd also say that anytime she is busy working on something serious like filling out papers at the post office or walking somewhere briskly are bad too.

Obviously dark alleys and places like that would be on the creepy list.

What are some other ones you can think of?
If by "approach" you mean go up to a total stranger and try to chat them up, I think the ONLY times that is okay is when you're in a venue where that behavior is expected--i.e. bars, dance clubs, etc. But I know I am probably in the minority on this. Plenty of men think it is okay to "approach" any woman, any time, anywhere...

Old 10-25-2013, 07:05 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,809,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
If by "approach" you mean go up to a total stranger and try to chat them up, I think the ONLY times that is okay is when you're in a venue where that behavior is expected--i.e. bars, dance clubs, etc. But I know I am probably in the minority on this. Plenty of men think it is okay to "approach" any woman, any time, anywhere...
I think it depends on how it's done--it's all situational. Just yesterday I was in the mood for chocolate peanut butter ice cream. So I stopped at the grocery store after work. the man behind me in line said something like, "Mmm, chocolate peanut butter... my favorite." I joked back... "it's all mine, you can't have it." He laughed and said, "well, with that little container it's only a serving for one anyway." (it was a 1.5 quart)... etc, etc. We talked for about 5 minutes while waiting in line together.

Okay, granted, the man was just making chit chat, didn't ask me out or ask for my number or a date or anything. But after the friendly chit chat, I would have been inclined to if I weren't currently dating someone else.

I think Ellie pretty much hit it on the nose. The best time to approach is any time it's natural to talk to anyone (man or woman). Start off with light, non-sexual/non-hitting on you conversation (like my ice cream guy). See if she's friendly/receptive and go by ear from there.

I would even say chat up women you have no interest in (but don't ask them out if you aren't interested). Just talking to a variety of women will help improve your conversational skills and make you more at ease when talking to women you are interested in.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:10 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,206,503 times
If she finds you attractive there's no such thing.

You can approach anytime or any place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships