Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2013, 06:34 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You're funny. Honestly - I doubt you could tell a difference in a 23 year old and a 28 year old. I'm not saying that 50 year old woman looks the same as a 22 year old - but I think it's funny when people talk about a woman's looks going down hill at 24. I didn't look much different until my mid 30's - and I'd say I looked my best around 31 or 32. But if it makes you feel better - then you can think whatever you want!
I'm about to turn 30 and I really, honestly think I look better now than I did at 20 or 21. At that age I was sick, way too thin and had the body of a really tall 12 year old boy. I may not be the prettiest thing walker, but there's no way I'd go back to my 20 year old self, regardless of what these 'men' say.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:37 PM
0wl

13 posts, read 16,143 times
I've always been decent looking; however, perhaps never enough to stand out. Funny how often heads turn my direction now and I'm almost 40. Age levels out the playing field (even though I'm not playing it.) I see attractive women of all ages, that equally goes for men. People need to ditch their media scratched lens and learn to think for themselves.

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm about to turn 30 and I really, honestly think I look better now than I did at 20 or 21. At that age I was sick, way too thin and had the body of a really tall 12 year old boy. I may not be the prettiest thing walker, but there's no way I'd go back to my 20 year old self, regardless of what these 'men' say.
If you ask most of the 40+ men on here who have dating and relationship experience, they will tell you that the women their age they are attracted to have something like a "glow" or a presence that is insanely more appealing than women half their age. And it has nothing to do with skin tone, body tone, wrinkles or boob size.

60 posts, read 121,931 times
You don't understand Mikala. When they hit their 40s, they'll feel differently about women their own age (who are considerably past their sexual peak in terms of attractiveness.)

Old 10-25-2013, 06:39 PM

60 posts, read 121,931 times
Quote:
It's true that a woman can look better at 30 than at 21, but she would have to have been obese at 21 or extremely underweight. Or perhaps she had some serious skin conditions that cleared up by age 30.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:39 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurney Halleck View Post
You don't understand Mikala. When they hit their 40s, they'll feel differently about women their own age (who are considerably past their sexual peak in terms of attractiveness.)
What is this "different feeling" that men get in their 40s? Do tell!

Are you in your 40s?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-25-2013, 06:42 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0wl View Post
I've always been decent looking; however, perhaps never enough to stand out. Funny how often heads turn my direction now and I'm almost 40. Age levels out the playing field (even though I'm not playing it.) I see attractive women of all ages, that equally goes for men. People need to ditch their media scratched lens and learn to think for themselves.
Yes they do! The real world doesn't act like Hollywood.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
are we reading the same thread? where is this coming from? quotations preferred, because i'm reading statements like this:
I just think it's funny when men assign an age to the end of a woman's prime. Especially when that age is 24!!! Just makes me chuckle.

I think it is definitely more acceptable for men to look older than it is for women to look older. Women are supposed to be beautiful - and wrinkles and grey hair are not part of what is considered beautiful for women. At least, that's how things are in the US. I watch foreign movies and the older women look like attractive older women instead of like some freaky 20/50 year old. As a society - we are not very nice to women who age gracefully. Unfortunately, more and more male celebrities are also having all sorts of work done. I think people look so much more attractive when they just age naturally. And all this crap about who ages better is basically just crap. When I'm 50 - I don't WANT to look like I'm 18. I'll be 50! I'll have raised two children (well, I'll still be raising them), I'll have been married for over 20 years, I'll have more wisdom (hopefully) and experience than I did at 24. I certainly don't want people to think I'm still 24. And I have a husband who thinks I'm super hot - I don't really need 20/30 year old men hitting on me to make me feel good about myself.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:43 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,984,584 times
apologies for singling out JJ but from a parallel thread:

Quote:
I'm 29 and my brother is 21...when I was hanging out with a few of his college buddies and they all felt like kids to me... and they were all between the ages of 20 and 23.
so here we have a woman who isn't even thirty seeing a twenty three year old man as a "kid". a mere six year age difference

this is incredibly rare among guys in their late twenties. they might say something like college girls aren't mature enough to date but that's completely different. the vast majority of men that age would not dismiss a twenty three year old woman as a kid too young to be attracted to. quite the opposite

the fact some jagoff PUAs post nonsense on the internet doesn't change the fact aging affects how men and women are viewed by the opposite gender differently, on average

i don't understand the staunch opposition to this notice among otherwise rational people

i'm likely to die younger than all y'all gals, if it makes you feel better about this

Quote:
I just don't think women are as likely to be swooned by youth and good looks as men are
this at least partially agrees with the premise of the thread. albeit in a way that's rational and not inherently insulting to women (the "spoiled milk" analogy)

Old 10-25-2013, 06:45 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurney Halleck View Post
It's true that a woman can look better at 30 than at 21, but she would have to have been obese at 21 or extremely underweight. Or perhaps she had some serious skin conditions that cleared up by age 30.
I've met plenty of women who were neither underweight or obese but look better entering their 30s. My facial structure is a bit more refined and while I may be heavier I do feel much happier at 29 than I did at 21. Of course, I think that's the main reason men go after super young women....they're naive and easier to manipulate. Older women will call you out on your BS and they don't like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.