Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 05:33 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times

Advertisements

I had a small thing for an older woman in my early 20s, she was a coworker and I spent a lot of time talking to her. She was a pretty fun person and was really pretty, but she smoked like a smokestack.

Then she hit a birthday, and she didn't reveal her true age (probably around 40), all that smoking she did started to do a lot of damage to her face, she started to wrinkle under her eyes, and her age really started to show. It was crazy how quickly it started to happen. I still thought she was pretty, but it was so strange to see.

FWIW I did ask her out, but she had a thing for those younger bad boys, and I'm not making that up.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:56 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
If it makes you guys feel better to believe this than great.

As a woman who had to start dating at 42 I never felt like I was past my sexual prime, and guys didn't act like it either. /shrug

There's a bunch of you who SPECULATE about how things are in the middle age group, then there are those of us who are actually there, and we KNOW what it's like.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-25-2013, 06:03 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If it makes you guys feel better to believe this than great.

As a woman who had to start dating at 42 I never felt like I was past my sexual prime, and guys didn't act like it either. /shrug

There's a bunch of you who SPECULATE about how things are in the middle age group, then there are those of us who are actually there, and we KNOW what it's like.
They just want women to sleep with them so these guys try to lower their self esteem and make them feel worthless so they'll stoop to the PUA/manosphere guys level and sleep with them. It's a form of abuse and manipulation, nothing more.

Plus, these guys all think they're entitled to and deserve a ridiculously hot supermodel because they have major issues. Anyone else is subject to ridicule and harassment.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:15 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
What exactly do these young, inexperienced men here think a 40 or 50-year-old woman is naturally supposed to look like? Men and women can be attractive at any age, even when they look their age.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:17 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,985,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeViolationMcEnroe View Post
If you have the right genetics as a guy, you hardly age at all. Notice that both those guys have full heads of hair (Very rare for a guy past the age of 30).
celebrities are terrible examples of typical aging. moreover, you even say right here most guys lose their hair early. why post someone with a full head of hair then as an example of general aging in men? of course with the right genetics *anyone* is going to look good older. cue the pictures of catherine deneuve or helen mirren

and the jacka** guy does not look 21 and ozzy has had cosmetic surgery. he's admitted to at least two procedures, he's open about it

Old 10-25-2013, 06:18 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,850,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurney Halleck View Post
This graph is making the rounds on the web. It's a graph that compares the sexual value of men and women over their lifetime. SMV stands for "sexual market value."

https://rationalmale.files.wordpress...smv_curve1.jpg

Is it true? Do women peak in their late teens/early twenties in terms of looks and then rapidly lose their looks after their mid 20s?

These manosphere bloggers use the term "The Wall" to refer to the point in which a woman's looks only degrade.

This (wordy) blogger explains the concept:

The Wall |
Dwindling options or not, a woman would still probably rather stab her left eye out with a rusty nail than date a guy she wasn't attracted to at any age.

As a guy who is at the age where you guys think things 'get easier', I'll tell you they don't. I know a woman who is almost 40, has multiple children, has some pretty serious financial problems and still has guys who want to get with her. Multiple. And she rejects most all of them.

You just have to keep swinging and play the numbers.

The one card that can improve your odds is career & money. I have seen it first hand. It can make up for deficiencies with the right woman. So, work on that.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:18 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
What exactly do these young, inexperienced men here think a 40 or 50-year-old woman is naturally supposed to look like? Men and women can be attractive at any age, even when they look their age.

They think any woman over the age of 23 looks like a 90 year old. A friend of a friend was big into PUA and whatnot and he told me that any woman over 23 who isn't married will only get men who are slumming and settling. And that once a woman hits 30 she's absolutely worthless. He joked that I didn't have to worry about 'hitting the wall' quite yet because he thought I was 21 or 22....I told him I was 28 and got to watch him squirm which was fun.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:19 PM

81 posts, read 145,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
They just want women to sleep with them so these guys try to lower their self esteem and make them feel worthless so they'll stoop to the PUA/manosphere guys level and sleep with them. It's a form of abuse and manipulation, nothing more.

Plus, these guys all think they're entitled to and deserve a ridiculously hot supermodel because they have major issues. Anyone else is subject to ridicule and harassment.

Yup. I thought it was typical PUA crap when I read it too.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:21 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,607,414 times
Its not so much about who ages better. Its all about how attractive the opposite sex finds you. For a woman, 18-24 is that prime, and after that its downhill. For men, its often the opposite where men are found to be most attractive in their 30s and 40s. It doesnt mean there are no beautiful and stunning women who are older. It simply means theuir 18-24 year old versions were that much more attractive to men. The end.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:21 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,167,305 times
Macaulay Culkin hasn't age well at all. He's slightly past age 30 but looks older. I think it's all about genetics and being in good health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships