Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 08:11 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiivictim View Post
I've realized that the whole "women are at their downfalls once they're 35" only applies to white women.

No racist.
Lol! You do know that saying "no racist" doesn't actually make your statement not racist, right?

Old 10-26-2013, 11:18 AM

348 posts, read 550,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
^^^^ This. It's not about "settling" for women your own age because you can't get a younger one, it's because you don't actually want the younger one. And until some of the younger guys here are older, they simply can't appreciate the perspective. You don't know what it feels like to be in your late 30s when you're still in your early 20s and how much your perspective, priorities, what's important to you will likely change in that time. The further you, yourself, get away from "young" the more that can become clear.

Everyone I know is with someone within 5 years of their age, with the exception of one of SO's friends who just recently ended a LTR, he's not in a good place emotionally, and has latched onto a girl he used to work with who is half his age. None of his buddies are high-fiving him and wishing they could be him.
Agreed. My friends give me a hard time (jokingly) "yea, it must suck to constantly meet women much younger than you". But I'm going to marry someone around my age.

There are exceptions, but I think a lot of guys who marry/pursue much younger women are having a mid-life crisis. Or it could be that they had trouble dating when they were younger and now can attract younger women and are living a young adulthood they feel they never were able to.

And honestly, many women in their early to mid-20s just look too young for me. I know it would be legal, but it still seems creepy.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:30 AM

630 posts, read 1,049,277 times
WOWWWWW another ageist thread that misogynists and bitter men love to flock to???? SHOCKER.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:33 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
Quote:
I've realized that the whole "women are at their downfalls once they're 35" only applies to white women.

No racist.
What a stupid thing to say.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:39 AM

630 posts, read 1,049,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
What a stupid thing to say.
well....its actually been documented that african american women or women with more pigmentation show signs of aging later in life. However with all the options we have today to maintain our appearance, it would be ridiculous to make a sweeping generalization like we "women hit the wall after their mid twenties." You know why some women look amazing in their middle age? Aside from good diet and exercise they get equally amazing cosmetic surgery. If you know what you're doing you don't have to look like an inflatable blow up doll after leaving a surgeons office, contrary to what the general population thinks. The majority of the Hollywood actresses you men are in love with have had surgery but you don't even know it. It's because they made GOOD CHOICES when picking procedures and doctors.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:54 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
lol great, another thread intended to rile up the women on here.

I'd say the OP did a good job

Old 10-26-2013, 12:00 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenaus View Post
well....its actually been documented that african american women or women with more pigmentation show signs of aging later in life. However with all the options we have today to maintain our appearance, it would be ridiculous to make a sweeping generalization like we "women hit the wall after their mid twenties." You know why some women look amazing in their middle age? Aside from good diet and exercise they get equally amazing cosmetic surgery. If you know what you're doing you don't have to look like an inflatable blow up doll after leaving a surgeons office, contrary to what the general population thinks. The majority of the Hollywood actresses you men are in love with have had surgery but you don't even know it. It's because they made GOOD CHOICES when picking procedures and doctors.
I Don't give a damn about those hollywood actresses, and have said that I do not have any celebrity crushes.

Hell, I don't even pay attention to anything hollywood related, it's a huge waste of time.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:06 PM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:

No racist.
Sweet... another example of the f ing double standards that exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
and drug addicts and alcoholics and prostitutes and those with poor genetic factors and those that have gone through serious illness..... on and on
oh I guess those things only happen to white people... . stupid me

so yeah that was a little racist but... it's okay because you were insulting white people
LOL... I know.....

To be honest, I'm all out of "white guilt", I personally haven't done anything to be ashamed of in terms of how I deal with non-white people.

To get back to the thread, I don't think any particular sex has an advantage over the other, in general.

I've see some men who age well and I've seen some women who have aged well. It depends on how well you take care of yourself and also genetic play a certain role as well.

I had a coworker that when he was low 40's was all wrinkled up and dried out looking, too much smoking and too much sun, I suppose.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:35 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,999,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVanNostren View Post
Agreed.

I'm not going to lie, as a guy in his late 30s, it's good for the ego when women in their 20s give me attention. But I'm more attracted to women closer to my age. In fact, the three most physically attractive women that I know are 39, 37 and 27 years old. The older I get the more attracted I get to women closer to my age. Not because I can't 'get' younger women. Rather I relate much better to women closer to my age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
^^^^ This. It's not about "settling" for women your own age because you can't get a younger one, it's because you don't actually want the younger one. And until some of the younger guys here are older, they simply can't appreciate the perspective. You don't know what it feels like to be in your late 30s when you're still in your early 20s and how much your perspective, priorities, what's important to you will likely change in that time. The further you, yourself, get away from "young" the more that can become clear.

Everyone I know is with someone within 5 years of their age, with the exception of one of SO's friends who just recently ended a LTR, he's not in a good place emotionally, and has latched onto a girl he used to work with who is half his age. None of his buddies are high-fiving him and wishing they could be him.
Yeah, same here. It's flattering when young guys chase me, but for a serious relationship I want someone who is at the same stage of life I am. Not much younger or older. We just connect in a deeper way.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:38 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurney Halleck View Post
This graph is making the rounds on the web. It's a graph that compares the sexual value of men and women over their lifetime. SMV stands for "sexual market value."

https://rationalmale.files.wordpress...smv_curve1.jpg

Is it true? Do women peak in their late teens/early twenties in terms of looks and then rapidly lose their looks after their mid 20s?

These manosphere bloggers use the term "The Wall" to refer to the point in which a woman's looks only degrade.

This (wordy) blogger explains the concept:

The Wall |
Bunk.

Anyone who pushes that is full of it.

It's an individual issue and should be judged as such. Every person ages differently and there are tons of different factors besides gender...

And this crap of women peaking at their teens and early twenties. In a way, that is kinda like trying to tell someone that their life ends in their 20s, even though they have many more years to live after their 20s. It makes me wonder about the mentality of people who insist that a woman loses her looks right after or during their teens when I see hot women well into their 40s.

IMHO youth is way overrated. There are certain things that older people have which aren't found in youth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships