Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2014, 02:10 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,632,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I had to use them once. Mice got in through the dog door and sneak off with the dog food. They ripped all the insulation out of my oven rendering it useless. I couldn't use any poison because of the dogs. So I put those glue things around and at 4 am my cocker spaniel comes to the side of the bed and I turned on the light and she threw this glue trap down with the dead mouse on in and tuffed her chest out all proud she brought me her kill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I hate those things. They should be illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, the problem is that they don't kill them quickly, so the rodent or whatever is stuck in them and dies a slow and painful death.... it's a catch22 really... you need to take some control and deal with the problem but on the other hand I hate to see an animal suffer needlessly....

LOL....
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Agree...and I'll add that outside you are almost guaranteed to catch something you didn't intend to catch, like a bird.
I use "The Zapper" for mice that are, where they shouldn't be...

a new pair of boots they were chewing the inside, etc......

Amazon.com: Raticator Plus Rodent Trap: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Old 01-01-2014, 02:19 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,180,768 times
A guy I worked with had rats in his barn and they kept a rabbit in a cage in there. He found the rat hole and said he did what they tell you to do and that's pour gasoline down the hole and light a match. Unfortunately, he didn't realize the rats had tunneled to under the bunny cage to steal it's food. So, when he lit the match it caught the hay or whatever it was in the bunny cage and blew that thing sky high off the ground and the kids and wife were screaming, "the Rabbit, you killed the rabbit" so he reached in and grabbed the rabbit by the ears and the thing was smokin' real smoke was coming off of it. They kept it in the bathtub for a few months and he recuperated.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:28 PM

52,222 posts, read 52,648,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
And Chow, you are way above most.
Thanks for the compliment.

I'm sure there is a shiny set of wings with your name on them.....

Old 01-01-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
A guy I worked with had rats in his barn and they kept a rabbit in a cage in there. He found the rat hole and said he did what they tell you to do and that's pour gasoline down the hole and light a match. Unfortunately, he didn't realize the rats had tunneled to under the bunny cage to steal it's food. So, when he lit the match it caught the hay or whatever it was in the bunny cage and blew that thing sky high off the ground and the kids and wife were screaming, "the Rabbit, you killed the rabbit" so he reached in and grabbed the rabbit by the ears and the thing was smokin' real smoke was coming off of it. They kept it in the bathtub for a few months and he recuperated.
That guy is a danger to himself & the human race......

Old 01-01-2014, 02:36 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,066,507 times
Quote:
LMAO, that sounds like a Griswald moment! Poor bunny!

Old 01-01-2014, 02:42 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,180,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
That guy is a danger to himself & the human race......

Oh this guy was a trip. There's also the Christmas tree story.

When the kids were little he decided to go to the snowy cold as a mother flatlands of Michigan to a tree farm to cut one down.

They cut one down and he tried to shove it in the back of the station wagon, breaking branches and stuff. It wouldn't fit so he put it on the roof of the car but didn't have enough rope to really secure it. He took off doing about 70 down one of these back roads and the tree blew off the roof of the car and the same time a Semi truck was coming from the opposite direction. The tree got caught in the front grill of the semi which drove it back a mile to the stop sign and when it stopped the tree fell off and the truck ran over it.

So, this guy drives back and gets it shoving it back into the rear end of the station wagon. He got it home and his wife was mortified. He put that tree up by using fishing line on the branches and suspending it from the ceiling. He said, "I paid $50 for that tree and by God we were going to use it."

Old 01-01-2014, 02:49 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,461,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Thanks for the compliment.

I'm sure there is a shiny set of wings with your name on them.....
Ah shucks. But I bet they will look something like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnIo9KZGpnQ

Old 01-01-2014, 02:53 PM

19,407 posts, read 15,231,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Ah shucks. But I bet they will look something like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnIo9KZGpnQ
LOL, I asked Chow, "WTH is that?"

"TRosa's wings."

I love the grandeur...

Old 01-01-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Oh this guy was a trip. There's also the Christmas tree story.

When the kids were little he decided to go to the snowy cold as a mother flatlands of Michigan to a tree farm to cut one down.

They cut one down and he tried to shove it in the back of the station wagon, breaking branches and stuff. It wouldn't fit so he put it on the roof of the car but didn't have enough rope to really secure it. He took off doing about 70 down one of these back roads and the tree blew off the roof of the car and the same time a Semi truck was coming from the opposite direction. The tree got caught in the front grill of the semi which drove it back a mile to the stop sign and when it stopped the tree fell off and the truck ran over it.

So, this guy drives back and gets it shoving it back into the rear end of the station wagon. He got it home and his wife was mortified. He put that tree up by using fishing line on the branches and suspending it from the ceiling. He said, "I paid $50 for that tree and by God we were going to use it."
hohohohohohohohoho......

he's crazier then a 3legged coon......heehee

Old 01-01-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
LOL, I asked Chow, "WTH is that?"

"TRosa's wings."

I love the grandeur...
jus get a hang glider.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships