Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 06:20 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,602,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10th Man Down View Post
Lady, I'm not bitter. I'm the son of a generation of men who've been used, manipulated, disposed of and made fun of with little regard for our feelings and we're eschewing the chains that for so long kept us bound to a system that hates men, LOL.
The second sentence above is dripping with bitterness, which massively contradicts the first sentence above.

Which generation of men were treated this way, in your mind? It's certainly not mine, my father's, or my grandfather's, from what I've seen, so you must either be really old or from the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 06:24 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10th Man Down View Post
I'm the son of a generation of men who've been used, manipulated, disposed of and made fun of with little regard for our feelings and we're eschewing the chains that for so long kept us bound to a system that hates men, LOL
That's very sad. I don't know any men like you and I'm almost 50. I've known many men in my life, young and old and almost all of them have some kind of respect for women on some level. My daughter has a wonderful boyfriend and they're in their early 20s, maybe part of your generation? Yet they don't share your views. It's very interesting indeed.

I personally couldn't give a flying fart about whether you date or don't date, or whether you love women or hate them. It's your life, you live it the best you see fit. But to make bold claims about a system that hates men and keeps you in "chains", is just a load of garbage. Maybe you need to start hanging out with a better quality crowd instead of the twitty alphas and user chicks. Your views on reality are non congruent to most of us.

Chains...LOL...may I suggest some light reading about how women were once treated not all that long ago, where we had no rights to even our own body let alone property.

But I highly doubt someone as stuck in their hamster on a wheel thought pattern as you would even bother to get some perspective on this aspect. Thinking about things deeply is too difficult and heaven forbid you might see a flaw in your argument.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busse_Reeve View Post
This thread should mention a doctor trick to see if a man actually does have ED or is it OTHER issues.

The tissue paper while sleeping test. Wrap your member with thin tissue or toilet paper before falling asleep.

If the tape or paper is torn or broken when you wake.......IT'S HER!!
Or it's you and not your penis. ED is often psychologically-based.

There is some gray area here. If it's not a biological problem, but a matter of you not being aroused by her, it's something that is happening between the two of you, which makes it hard to attribute all to you or all to her. Either way, it's probably time to move on, so it doesn't really matter.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:49 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,377,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I think most women have experienced these two!

We ladies are so lucky -- can hide when we are turned on, and when we lose our ladyboners. If we want to be polite.
Haha while in most situations and even dating I like to think men and women are pretty equal, women do have the upper hand in this aspect, even though it still may not be enjoyable, it can be hidden haha.. same with if a guy accidentally finishes too early!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post

Eh, 10-12 years ago that was the case, but I've encountered several women in their 20's and 30's with pubic hair in recent years. (Usually trimmed or groomed, but not as many totally bald as there were in the 90's and early 2000's.) I think we're past the peak of the hairless movement.
Several women here and there may not, but in my experience I'd venture 90%+ of sexually active women 18-30 do.. of course this can be changed based on geographic location maybe, culture, etc. Seems like maybe hippy type girls might not. I'd venture most active, young, normal girls do. Probably less in the sexually inexperienced or "nerdier" type girls.

Older people tend to be less interested in shaving. No big deal, to each their own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 11-03-2013, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Haha while in most situations and even dating I like to think men and women are pretty equal, women do have the upper hand in this aspect
Yeah, though it has been said that "Women can fake orgasms, but men can fake entire relationships."

Quote:
Several women here and there may not, but in my experience I'd venture 90%+ of sexually active women 18-30 do.. of course this can be changed based on geographic location maybe, culture, etc.
I do think location is a factor. Having lived in your part of the country (please take this in the spirit in which it's intended), trends there are often a couple years behind Chicago, and Chicago is often a couple years behind NY or LA, in my experience. This is something that I've just started to notice in the past couple of years in Chicago, which means I would expect it in Texas before long.

Quote:
Older people tend to be less interested in shaving. No big deal, to each their own.
I've definitely considered that age could be a factor, but most of the women I date are younger than me, and I've noticed this with 20-somethings, too, not just 30-somethings. To be fair, I haven't been with 18-year-olds in years, so I have no idea what they're up to down there. If anything I expect people that young to be ahead of trends, though, not behind them.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:51 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times
What's worse? The reincarnate trolls or the people who argue with them?

Old 11-03-2013, 07:59 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Both.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:16 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Both.
My bad, I wasn't aware he was a rerun

Old 11-03-2013, 08:29 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,377,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Yeah, though it has been said that "Women can fake orgasms, but men can fake entire relationships."

I do think location is a factor. Having lived in your part of the country (please take this in the spirit in which it's intended), trends there are often a couple years behind Chicago, and Chicago is often a couple years behind NY or LA, in my experience. This is something that I've just started to notice in the past couple of years in Chicago, which means I would expect it in Texas before long.

I've definitely considered that age could be a factor, but most of the women I date are younger than me, and I've noticed this with 20-somethings, too, not just 30-somethings. To be fair, I haven't been with 18-year-olds in years, so I have no idea what they're up to down there. If anything I expect people that young to be ahead of trends, though, not behind them.
So you are saying that "not-shaving" is coming back in "style"?

Maybe in the older people but I do not see it happening in young people. At least not like in the hot active young women and especially those into fitness.. The only girls with hair ive had over the past many years are those I expected it from for various reasons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 11-03-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
So you are saying that "not-shaving" is coming back in "style"?
Yep, that was my point from the very beginning of this discussion. It's been happening gradually in recent years, from what I've seen. People are still "grooming" (I haven't seen any full-on 70's-style bushes come back yet), and some are still all-bald, but the all-bald thing appeared to gradually increase throughout the 90's, reaching its peak in the late 90's and early 2000's, and gradually decreasing in recent years.

I'm talking about women ranging from age 25-40 or so, and again, acknowledging geographic differences in adapting trends. Rural areas and the South are usually behind Midwestern cities, which are usually behind coastal cities. Even within in the Midwest I've noticed that the all-bald thing is still happening more in suburban, rural, and smaller cities more than in urban areas.

Of course we also have to both acknowledge that neither of us has likely been with a large enough sample size of women to be able to generalize our own experiences to the entire population, even within our age ranges and location. This makes me wonder if this has been studied scientifically.

Last edited by nearnorth; 11-03-2013 at 09:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships