Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2013, 11:34 PM

65 posts, read 85,582 times

Advertisements

I felt like I had a great first date with her earlier in the week. I texted her the next day, saying that I had a great time and would love to do it again soon. She responded likewise, and then we more-or-less texted each other the rest of the day.

We've texted the past couple days as well (and have set up most of the details for a second date for Monday), but she's a bit busy with work and a friend from out of town is visiting her through the weekend. As a result (or at least, that's my guess), she's been responding more slowly.

- In light of this, how much should I be contacting her the next few days? Continue to do a little bit each day?
- And when should I get in touch with her to finalize the last couple details of the date? Sunday? Or is early Monday fine too? (she already agreed to the time, now it's just the location)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 11:38 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,720,617 times
There is no formula. If you have something to tell her, do. If not, don't. Damn.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:41 PM

99 posts, read 215,999 times
You are over thinking and analyzing..take her off this pedastool now

Old 11-07-2013, 11:51 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,741,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfan123 View Post
I felt like I had a great first date with her earlier in the week. I texted her the next day, saying that I had a great time and would love to do it again soon. She responded likewise, and then we more-or-less texted each other the rest of the day.

We've texted the past couple days as well (and have set up most of the details for a second date for Monday), but she's a bit busy with work and a friend from out of town is visiting her through the weekend. As a result (or at least, that's my guess), she's been responding more slowly.

- In light of this, how much should I be contacting her the next few days? Continue to do a little bit each day?

- And when should I get in touch with her to finalize the last couple details of the date? Sunday? Or is early Monday fine too? (she already agreed to the time, now it's just the location)
Sounds like she's pretty interested in you. That won't change if you don't talk to her for a couple days, but if you smother her, it can change. You just met her. If I were you, I'd not contact her for a couple days. You aren't a couple yet. You don't need to be in daily contact. You set up most the details, so if anything is left hanging, then contact her the day before your next date. She may contact you before. It shows confidence to let some time go by without contacting someone and it's very unattractive to smother someone you just met with multiple daily text.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:59 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,993,089 times
Send her a text on Saturday so she can show her friend, 'Look! It's the guy I told you about!' Be prepared for her to just reply once or twice and then disappear, though -- she will be distracted .

Then text her sunday night after her friend has gone home, to confirm monday and to be snuggly.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:41 AM

65 posts, read 85,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian_Stallion View Post
You are over thinking and analyzing..take her off this pedastool now
Typical me, heh. I do this with everything in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
Sounds like she's pretty interested in you. That won't change if you don't talk to her for a couple days, but if you smother her, it can change. You just met her. If I were you, I'd not contact her for a couple days. You aren't a couple yet. You don't need to be in daily contact. You set up most the details, so if anything is left hanging, then contact her the day before your next date. She may contact you before. It shows confidence to let some time go by without contacting someone and it's very unattractive to smother someone you just met with multiple daily text.
Thank you for the advice! I'm fairly new to all of this, so it's been a tremendous learning process for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Send her a text on Saturday so she can show her friend, 'Look! It's the guy I told you about!' Be prepared for her to just reply once or twice and then disappear, though -- she will be distracted.

Then text her sunday night after her friend has gone home, to confirm monday and to be snuggly.
Thanks as well!

Old 11-08-2013, 04:14 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,475,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfan123 View Post

I think I would text her that you know she is busy between work and getting ready for her visitor, so you won't text her too much. I would then maybe text her once a day and see how she is doing. You should probably be able to tell if she wants to hear from you more. Then Saturday I would tell her that you intend on contacting her the next day, Sunday, to iron out the final plans for your date. You could even do this Monday if you do not feel that is cutting it too close for either of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships