Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 12:29 AM

24 posts, read 49,704 times

Advertisements

What kind of eye contact is best to attract a woman?
Is there a certain algorithm to follow?

For example.....

Initial sighting..... 3 seconds
Glance.... 1 second
Glance which says I am interested.... .2 seconds
...etc

How much eye contact is good enough to let a woman know you are interested but not a creepy guy?

Do women want eye contact?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 12:44 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,253,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredRiver View Post

For example.....

Glance.... 1 second
...etc

How much eye contact is good enough to let a woman know you are interested but not a creepy guy?

Most do but you have to know when to quit. For example, today the gal at the bank kept staring into my eyes. I looked as straight as I could for as long as I could but I had to look away!LOL...... She was married and had a huge rock on. Shame on you lady!LOL........

Old 04-17-2010, 01:05 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,882,197 times
Look into my Eyes .. your soul is mine ! .. buahahahaa ..dont grin or u'll scare her away lolz

Old 04-17-2010, 01:09 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times
I get a little freaked out when women stare straight at my crotch. They don't even bother making eye contact.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:40 AM

28 posts, read 70,090 times
Quote:

For example.....

Glance.... 1 second
...etc

How many women in the past year have you asked for a phone number? I am guessing that number is less than 25.

Honestly, I think you are being overly analytical. I am guessing you are someone with a back ground in the sciences and possibly a grad degree.

You sound like someone who is really smart and thinks that they way to increase there success with women is to find some perfect process to eliminate your own fear of rejection. Early on in a relationship its all about numbers. You have to walk up to women, possibly make some small talk and then ask them for a phone number. But the way to overcome your fear of rejection is to get shot down enough where you realize its just part of the process and it stops bothering you.

You need to get your numbers of women asked out up. The more women you ask out the quicker you figure out what does and does not work for you. The more women you ask out, the further down the learning curve you will be.

Since you are analytical, figure out your batting averages. Count how many women you have to ask for a phone number to actually get a phone number and then figure out how many phone numbers you need to get a date. You can figure out what approaches work best by seeing what things increase your batting averages. But mostly you just have to ask a lot of women for phone numbers.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:08 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:

For example.....

Glance.... 1 second
...etc

Algorithm? Matters of the heart cannot be calculated.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:33 AM

24 posts, read 49,704 times
Thanks for the feedback. Wow, 25 women is the threshold? That sounds like a lot but it will be good to have a number to work with.

I'll create a spreadsheet and keep track of....

1. # of women I ask for phone #s.
2. # of women who give it to me.
3. # of women who go on a date with me.

After that I would hope to continue dating someone and see what happens.

I do recall that I asked a woman for her phone # last year who worked in a women's clothing store. I walked by and saw a cute woman working there. I turned back and went in. That particular woman was in the back at the point but a cute blonde was at the counter who I chatted with and found out she likes to run, so I asked if she would like to run some time. She actually did give me her name and number. I called and left a message but she never called back.

I will also make a list of places to hit on women. I don't really drink but I know the bars are loaded with women.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,171,145 times
you keep a spreadsheet?

Old 04-17-2010, 10:43 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,429 times
I'm hoping gavant is pulling your leg

Old 04-17-2010, 10:49 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,169,169 times
UGH I tend to stare straight into someone's eyes when I am speaking to them. I hope that isn't taken as a come on. What bothers me is when someone looks everywhere but your eyes when talking to you, makes me think they have something to hide!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships