Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 11:41 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,809,711 times

Advertisements

I try to live by the golden rule... and it has gotten me burned in the past. But I don't care because my self esteem stays in-tact because I feel that I did the right thing.

I also like to make the man I am with happy. I know you can't really "make" another person be happy, but I do whatever I can. Although when I think about that, it's kind of self serving because I am happy when those around me are happy and stressed when those around me are upset, sad or angry. So in the end, making him feel happy, important, wanted, etc... makes me feel happy, important, wanted, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 04:32 PM

708 posts, read 824,711 times
In my every day life, and in general, much of what you mentioned form the most basic parts of the moral code in which I live by. Of course, no one is perfect but I believe we should try.

As far as I am concerned, it isn't just a responsibility to others, it is one to ourselves and our soul as well. The old saying of 'Do unto others as you would have others do unto' and 'Always treat people in the way you would like them to treat you'.

I believe various types of greed to be the root of most evil. When you think about any wrong doings, I believe most can be traced back to a form of greed at the root and then other desires that makeup the leaves and so on.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:11 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,445,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10th Man Down View Post
The majority of average-looking men do not do this. Many of the good-looking men, the men who are popular with women and get most of the sex, do this and they build this amusing harem of women they don't sleep with(like how women know their ''guy friends'' want to sleep with them) but use them to get homework done, to get their work done, or to simply receive free female attention.

On the other hand, most of the women alive today and younger than 40 do this on a daily basis. Women using men's sex drive(a man's teens and 20's are really complicated, most women can be attractive to these guys) to get anything they want, from free meals, guys carrying their books, guys getting whatever the girls want, and girls and women using men to boost their self-esteem and to increase their own value in the social female hierarchy. I remmber how girls would giggle and talk amongst themselves, telling keeping score on what x guy did for her that day. Women compete too.
I am alive today and under 40, and I don't do this ever, much less on a daily basis. The only *people* I have seen doing this are generally shallow and/or insecure people who are trying to project an image of being "all that" - as the kids say today

Please don't base how the whole world or even one gender acts on what you have witnessed in high school/college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships